Chinese tech company Oppo has launched its Oppo Band globally on March 8. Previously, the band could only be found in China. The Oppo Band may become a strong competitor against Xiaomi’s Mi Band series.
Read more Xiaomi Announces Mi Band 5 With A Larger Screen, Improved Fitness Tracking, And $32 Price Tag
The wearable has also been renamed. The Oppo Band is now the ‘Oppo Band Style’ for the international market. The company is yet to confirm how many countries in which it will sell the device initially, but India will be one of the first.
There are two variants of the Oppo Band Style: One variant will use a simple silicone bracelet, the second should clamp a metal counterpart. The Oppo Band Style still offers 12 workout modes, a heart rate monitor, SpO2 monitoring, a sleep tracker, and more. In China, the bracelet also has NFC, but it is questionable whether this will be retained for the international market. The fitness tracker is also water-resistant up to 5ATM. Other features of the bracelet are alerts, weather information, remotely control music playback on a smartphone, and so on.
The average battery life of the wearable is specified as 12 days. The device should be fully recharged in an hour and a half. In China, the Oppo Band Style, only known there as the Oppo Band, costs the equivalent of around 27 euros.
In the international market, for the first buyers, the gadget is available at $ 38, and then the cost rises to $ 41.
Read more How Zepp Is Transforming the Future of Digital Health Management
- 1-inch (126 x 294 pixels) AMOLED 24bit color touch screen 2.5D display with 100% P3 color gamut, 2.5D scratch-resistant glass
- Silent alarm, Weather, Music control, instant location lock from the phone
- 12 sports modes (Outdoor run, Outdoor cycling, Outdoor walking, Indoor Cycling, Indoor running, Fat loss running, Free training, Badminton, Swimming, Rowing machine, Elliptical machine, and weight training)
- Rewards for activities such as steps count, minutes, and more
- Heart rate sensor, Sp02 sensor for blood oxygen monitoring
- Tri-axis Accelerometer
- 3g (without band)
- 5ATM (50 meters) water-resistant
- Bluetooth 5.0 LE to connect to Android and iOS devices
- 100mAh battery with up to 12 days of usage
The post Oppo Band Now Available Outside of China, May Become Robust Competitor for Xiaomi’s Mi Band first appeared on Wearable Technologies.