Garmin is well known for building sports watches that last the distance. The company’s newest, Enduro, is built to last even the toughest conditions, aimed at those who like to take part in intense races and endurance events. The watch features customizable power management modes and a Power Glass solar charging lens that harvests the power of the sun to extend battery life up to 65 days.
Read more Garmin Vivoactive 5: Likely Release Date, Rumors and Features Everybody Want
“Built to last during any training session or ultra-event, Enduro gives ultrarunners and cyclists the confidence that their watch has as much energy as they do, plus the unique insights they need to monitor their performance,” said Dan Bartel, Garmin vice president of worldwide sales. “And with Enduro on their wrist, ultra-performance athletes can focus on the competition instead of their battery life.”
Enduro’s lightweight and durable design feature a new UltraFit nylon strap and optional DLC coated titanium bezel. Designed to endure, runners and cyclists can quickly adjust settings to disable certain features to get the longest battery life on a Garmin wearable to date. A full charge will get an athlete 70 hours in GPS mode which is extended to 80 hours with solar capabilities, reports BusinessWire.
Designed for unremitting race conditions, Enduro has several new training and recovery tools:
- VO2 Max: Track cardiovascular fitness levels with the new trail run VO2 max, which automatically adjusts based on trail conditions. A user’s VO2 Max is also adjusted by the environment through heat and altitude acclimation.
- ClimbPro: Get real-time information on the current and upcoming climbs including gradient, distance and elevation gain by using the ascent planner. For additional safety and awareness, ClimbPro trail enhancements provide information for descents and flats.
- Rest Timer: Select the Ultrarun activity which features a rest timer to log the time spent at aid stations.
- Mountain Biking: Track the details of every MTB ride with mountain biking metrics plus specialized grit and flow measurements that rate trail difficulty and track the time of descent, giving a score to beat on the next ride.
- Recovery: Giving the body time to recover between sessions is crucial. After each workout, the built-in recovery advisor will recommend how long to rest before another big effort and the next workout based on sleep and wellness data.
- Recommended Workouts: For training guidance that takes fitness level into account, get daily run and ride suggestions based on current training load and training status.
Everyday wellness tracking
Enduro offers innovative health and wellness features including wrist-based heart rate and a Pulse Ox sensor for altitude acclimation and advanced sleep tracking. It also includes Garmin’s exclusive Body Battery feature that monitors data to gauge energy levels, which can help with scheduling workouts and rest times.
Staying connected, even off-grid
Enduro is packed with navigation and connectivity features including access to multiple global navigation satellite systems to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone, as well as built-in ABC sensors such as an altimeter for elevation data, a barometer to monitor the weather, and a 3-axis electronic compass.
Read more Garmin Announces Tactix Delta, a Multisport GPS Smartwatch Built to Military Standards
When paired with a Garmin inReach® Mini satellite communicator, users can send and receive messages quickly from the wrist and share their location so friends and family can follow along, even during the longest of races or extended training sessions that go beyond reliable cellular connectivity. The inReach Mini is lightweight and compact and can easily be clipped to a hydration pack or vest. In addition to two-way text messaging and location sharing, inReach Mini includes interactive SOS. When the SOS is activated, a response coordinator will track the device location, notify emergency responders in the area, and stay in communication with preset emergency contacts throughout the incident.
Available now, the Enduro models range in suggested retail price from $799.99 to $899.99. To learn more, visit garmin.com/enduro.
The post Garmin Enduro Is A Solar-Powered Smartwatch Designed For Serious Athletes first appeared on Wearable Technologies.