TWRP and root for Oukitel C8 4G

Simon Irwin

Mar 3, 2017
Having Successfully rooted and TWRPed my Oukitel C3, I thought I would do the same for my new C8 4G ( note this is not a C8 !! ).
Many thanks to Cleopatra for the info I needed to do it.
  • I couldn’t get SP Flashtool to work, and had to use MiracleBox 2.27A (with loader)
  • C8 4G and C8 are DIFFERENT phones and you must not try to flash the wrong roms
  • TAKE a complete dump of your phone using Miraclebox before trying ANYTHING
  • Download my TWRP recovery zip from needrom at https://www.needrom.com/download/twrp-for-c8-4g-not-c8-only/ and unzip it to your PC.
  • This is my port of Cleopatras C5 Pro version, itself ported from Jemmini’s TWRP
  • To run TWRP you must first unlock the bootloader.
  • When you do this it will *** WIPE YOUR DATA ***( photos,apps etc ) and factory reset your phone.
  • To unlock the bootloader first enable developer options by tapping the build number 7 times.
  • One of the developer options then available is to allow the bootloader to be unlocked.
  • Do this. Also enable USB debugging.
  • Then get “fastboot” on your PC connecting to the phone correctly, and issue a “FASTBOOT OEM UNLOCK” command.
  • Now look at your phone and you are asked to confirm by pressing a volume button. Do it.
  • **** DON’T DO ANYTHING ELSE AT THIS POINT UNTIL YOU REBOOT PHONE ****
  • If you do anything else first you run the risk of bricking the phone until you restore the backup you took in c) above
  • Once restarted, your phone is as new, and you have to re-enable developer options and allow USB debugging again. Using FASTBOOT GETVAR ALL you can check that your bootloader is now unlocked.
  • Using “FASTBOOT BOOT {path to twrp img file}” you can now start TWRP without flashing it.
  • In TWRP, Install the systemless root zip file called BETA-SuperSU-v2.74-2-20160519174328-forced-systemless.zip linked at http://www.needrom.com/download/c3-twrp-3-0-2-9/ ( DO NOT USE the TWRP from this - its for a Rom1 C3 – only use the SuperSU ).
  • After flashing the zip Boot normally, update all your apps using Play Store.
  • Run the SuperSU and ensure the SU binary is updated by the app ( Should prompt ).
  • Reboot !
  • You should now be rooted and can flash TWRP permanently if you want to.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrsim

LeonCame

Apr 25, 2018
Hello,
thank you for the tuto, TWRP started successfully with Fastboot, but TWRP cannot access to data because
TWRP asking for password to decrypt.(Many thread on the web but no solution, and not alternative rom to flash at this time).
Supersu installed successfully in TWRP but supersu stay invisible on Android after reboot.
With TWRP I can wipe cache but I cannot wipe dalvik (return an error).

Simon Irwin

Mar 3, 2017
Hello,
thank you for the tuto, TWRP started successfully with Fastboot, but TWRP cannot access to data because
TWRP asking for password to decrypt.(Many thread on the web but no solution, and not alternative rom to flash at this time).
Supersu installed successfully in TWRP but supersu stay invisible on Android after reboot.
With TWRP I can wipe cache but I cannot wipe dalvik (return an error).
Hi.
You will have to lose all your data, but if you use TWRP to FORMAT the data rather than just wipe it, it will stay permanently decrypted and TWRP will stop asking for a password. The superSU will then be visible to the system after rebooting.

Wiping a partition doesn't remove the encryption flag (which I think is written at the end of the partition), but using TWRP to format it instead should do so.

regards

Simon

LeonCame

Apr 25, 2018

LeonCame

Apr 25, 2018
For EMEI restoration :
In the caller dial: *#4634#
a dialog will appear, enter your IMEIs in it, click save and reboot.