|TUT| How to Root Zoji Z6 with TWRP

Asterius

Oct 16, 2017
First I would like to thank china-devices.com and mysterious mrsim for their support and informations.
As I an owner of an excotic device in this part of world , I wanted to root my device for known benefits of rooting -but I had no option to brick it or break it- I had limited experience on android and phone adaptation of linux on phones. So I asked help where experienced humans are collected , notorious XDA and china-devices.com is two of them .I try to port a TWRP ,but I couldn't cheat the scripts running at boot to protect root integrity of device, So in brief;

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8uH_31zxvqEWTZ6eWNCdlBsRGc
  • I would suggest you to learn how to use Sp Flash from this forum, lots of videos online also
  • Also download and load to your SD Card Supersu from http://www.supersu.com/download generally latest is the best for Zoji Z6 with Android 6.0
  • I mentioned two methods to flash Supersu.binaries to system one is temporary, one is permanent with Sp Flash Tools
And lastly I am not responsible of your bricked Zoji's if something goes wrong , or your phone calls an nuclear silo by it self and starts a nuclear fall-out.

Suggested reading : https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/root-tips-rooting-cheap-chinese-t3337484

I will follow this thread and will try to answer your questions regarding beautiful and excotic Zoji's :)

Last edited:

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
most excellent thank you this thread has been stickied to the tutorial section thank you for taking the time and effort to create a thread which may help others in the future....:hearteyes::grinning::yum::)

enux

Jan 17, 2018
Hi @Asterius
I am having a similar issue like yours, I have a Homtom HT37 device which I want to flash with a custom rom because the default one is full with spyware and viruses of all sorts. I did some flashing with SP tool but the roms I tested were not compatible and the device was soft bricked. Fortunately I found the original stock rom together with scatter file and flashed to the original rom.
My question is that I am not able to boot to bootloader (through adb commands or button combination) because the device keeps booting to normal mode.
I also tried to flash your recovery.img file like with SP tool but again the same thing, I tried also to use mtkdroidtool (to root) but I am not able to root, unlock bootloader or anything.
I have seen on many forums but always I am stuck on the adb reboot bootloader point :confused:
Can you give me some clues how can I flash HT37 like you did with your Homtom?
Thanks in advance,
Enid

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
Hi @Asterius
I am having a similar issue like yours, I have a Homtom HT37 device which I want to flash with a custom rom because the default one is full with spyware and viruses of all sorts. I did some flashing with SP tool but the roms I tested were not compatible and the device was soft bricked. Fortunately I found the original stock rom together with scatter file and flashed to the original rom.
My question is that I am not able to boot to bootloader (through adb commands or button combination) because the device keeps booting to normal mode.
I also tried to flash your recovery.img file like with SP tool but again the same thing, I tried also to use mtkdroidtool (to root) but I am not able to root, unlock bootloader or anything.
I have seen on many forums but always I am stuck on the adb reboot bootloader point :confused:
Can you give me some clues how can I flash HT37 like you did with your Homtom?
Thanks in advance,
Enid
is this the pro version or is this the regular version...because i can only see stuff over at needrom for the HT37 pro version
https://www.needrom.com/category/doogee/homtom/

enux

Jan 17, 2018
I managed to find a link (from a youtube video) which worked and downloaded the correct TWRP image for Homtom HT37

Homtom recovery image HT37
ALL NECESSARY FILES drive .google .com/open?id=0B4t5Czq54qaxWG1ueUR0R3kwU3M
------------------------------------------------
ALL NECESSARY FILES FOR HT37 PRO VERSION drive .google .com/open?id=0B4t5Czq54qaxNm5CSHJQMXI2aTA

Now I am able to install custom roms and I tested some of them but all had issues, some didn't boot at all while some other had crashing apps issues:
Roms downloaded from: https :// www. getdroidtips .com/custom-rom-homtom-ht37/
- Resurrection Remix (821) keeps showing everytime android.process.media keeps stopping, google play services stopped working and reboots without reason.
- LineageOS 13 (doesn't boot at all)
- MIUI 8.1.1 (doesn't boot at all)
- Flyme OS6 (doesn't boot at all)

Do you have any suggestion for a compatible ROM for Homtom HT37?
Thanks

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
I managed to find a link (from a youtube video) which worked and downloaded the correct TWRP image for Homtom HT37

Homtom recovery image HT37
ALL NECESSARY FILES drive .google .com/open?id=0B4t5Czq54qaxWG1ueUR0R3kwU3M
------------------------------------------------
ALL NECESSARY FILES FOR HT37 PRO VERSION drive .google .com/open?id=0B4t5Czq54qaxNm5CSHJQMXI2aTA

Now I am able to install custom roms and I tested some of them but all had issues, some didn't boot at all while some other had crashing apps issues:
Roms downloaded from: https :// www. getdroidtips .com/custom-rom-homtom-ht37/
- Resurrection Remix (821) keeps showing everytime android.process.media keeps stopping, google play services stopped working and reboots without reason.
- LineageOS 13 (doesn't boot at all)
- MIUI 8.1.1 (doesn't boot at all)
- Flyme OS6 (doesn't boot at all)

Do you have any suggestion for a compatible ROM for Homtom HT37?
Thanks
as you no doubt know these roms like the recovery are ported and not actualy REAL roms made from kernel sources but rather frnkenstein roms with bit's from the stock rom added to bits of each of these roms from where they got their sources who knows...which is why they all have issues...unfortunately i do not know where to get roms available for devices like this except needrom or google searches...this is why it is very important to research any device you decide to purchase from china...if you like flashing custom/ported roms or moddifying your device with things like xposed...it is always a very good idea to firstly research the device and see what is available from those sources...the more popular the device the better the development you will find whereas with devices from companies like 'homtom' the rom range will be limited...i would suggest flashing the stock rom back onto the device get it up and running like stock then research for a better device and sell the homtom onto someone else

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.