SPFlash Tool Guide

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
Hey guys, today i want to explain how to flash your phone with the SPflash tool.

Read more on XDA : XDA Developers

First i want to tell you what you can do with it:

Features:
  • Â Revives your phone from almost any brick!
  • Fixes the WiFi and Bluetooth (only software problem), created due  to some wrong permissions.
  • Flash CWM Recovery
  • Flash Custom ROMs
  • Root your device without a root exploit
Requirements :
How to flash the ROM :

A video guide can also be found on my youtube channel :

Also before you flash your device , make a backup of your stock rom with mtk droid tools !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First make sure that your ADB drivers are installed correctly.

1) Flashing the whole ROM

First of all open SP Flash Tool, then click Scatter-loading button to load the correct scatter file

(MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt or MT6577 _Android_scatter_emmc.txt, or 6589 depending on which phone you have) for your device and ignore any message that may appear.

UNCHECK PRELOADER ! A wrong preloader will brick your phone !

Turn off your phone, remove the battery and replace it after some seconds (and don't turn on the phone).

Now Press F9 (or hit Download button) and connect your phone into the computer via USB data cable.

The process will start and a red progress bar will appear.

After the red progress bar is complete, there will appear a purple progress bar.

When the yellow bar is complete, you'll get a popup with a green circle and Download OK message,

which means that the process has been successfully terminated.

You can now safely disconnect your phone and turn it on. The process ends here.

Flashing only part of the ROM

In case you want to flash just one part of the ROM, that is also possible. In the shown example, only recovery image will be flashed. Deselect all parts except the one(s) you want to flash and then press F9 (or hit Download button).

The tool will immediately show a warning because not all parts are selected, but you should continue anyway. Safely press Yes to continue.

The download of the chosen partition image will start and after the yellow bar is complete, the popup with the green circle should appear.

Please note that, even though it isn't mandatory to select it on the list of images to flash,preloader file must be present in the same folder as the other partition(s) that you want to flash, or else phone will not be able to enter into download mode.

Attention: Please follow the instructions carefully. I will not take any responsibility on whatever may happen with your phone.

Very important warning: Always make sure that you trust the sources of the ROM you download and know that it is meant for your phone.

After flashing a wrong preloader, your phone will be completely dead (can't be powered on, it will not charge and won't be detected anymore by the computer) and there is no way to recover it.

SP Flash Tool are for SmartPhone products

MT6573\72 Innovative Platform for Mainstream Smartphones

MT6575 Dual-SIM smartphone platform for the mainstream market

MT6577 1 GHz Dual-Core Smartphone Platform

MT6582 Quad-Core Cortex-A7 1.2GHz+CPU Smartphone Platform

MT6589 Quad-Core Cortex-A7 1GHz+CPU Smartphone Platform

MTK6592 octocore

MTK67xx all versions (newer SoC)

MTK Flash Tool is for Feature Phone chips

MT6223 GSM/GPRS solution for ULC/ULC+ market

MT6235 GSM/GPRS/EDGE solution for Mainstream Multimedia

MT6236 GSM/GPRS/EDGE Feature- rich Multimedia solution

MT6238 GSM/GPRS/EDGE Premium Multimedia solution

MT6239 GSM/GPRS/EDGE Premium Multimedia solution

MT6250 Single- Chip GSM/GPRS/EDGE- RX entry- multimedia solution

MT6252 GSM/GPRS/EGPRS entry- multimedia single chip solution

MT6253 Single- Chip GSM/GPRS entry- multimedia solution

MT6255 Single- Chip GSM/GPRS/EDGE- RX Smart Feature Phone solution

MT6268 High- end EDGE/GPRS/WCDMA Feature Rich Multimedia Phone Solution

MT6276M HSPA Data Modem Solution

MT6516 EDGE/GPRS Feature Rich Multimedia Smart Phone Entry Solution

Last edited by a moderator:

mir_shahzad

Apr 25, 2014
"Image Preloader checksum failed" etc

After clicking on download, purple bar gets completed and a window pops up "image preloader checksum failed ". I uninstalled the drivers first but i can not see mtek in device manager after connecting my device to pc without battery but i can see window getting refreshed when i insert the battery in the device and a dialog automatically pops at the bottom which reads , device drivers sucessfully installed. Thereafter i can see the mtek drivers through usbdeview . i watched your video on youtube and tried the same but as i told you that when i connect my device without battery nothing happens both in device manager and while connecting during sp flash tool. i need help please and please help me out ...

i am having lava iris n320 andriod phone based on gingerbread and i have downloaded SP Flash Tool v3.1332 and i'm trying to flash it with stock rom..

zzyzxroad

Apr 27, 2014
Calgary, Canada
There might be something missing from the tut. In the instructions it says to insert usb into computer, wait for the progress bars, then another instruction says to "insert USB in x seconds". I thought the USB was already connected.

Code:
Turn off your phone, remove the battery and replace it after some seconds (and don't turn on the phone).

Now Press F9 (or hit Download button) and connect your phone into the computer via USB data cable.

The process will start and a red progress bar will appear.

Code:
After the red progress bar is complete, there will appear a purple progress bar.

Code:
Right after the purple progress bar is complete, a message will appear underneath it:

“Please insert USB cable in x seconds” and then the download will start right away (you will see the yellow progress bar filling up).

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
hey guys if you read the tutorial instructions correctly the first set of instructions actually tell you when to plug in your usb....and the second part says you will get a message asking you to plug in your usb within so many seconds...the instructions are very clear...but i am the sort of person that will re-read something three times before i am happy that i understood it and if i did not understand anything i would research said subject and ask anyone and everyone before jumping in head on.....but that's just me... :0)

so don't be afraid to ask and try and give as much info as possible about your problem as you can,the more information you give the easier it is for someone else to help you....

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
which part of the tutorial had different steps please

UPDATE...after watching the video tutorial from youtube and reading the thread tutorial i see what you mean,

in the video tutorial you put the battery in after the flashing process,

and in the tutorial in this thread you are asked to remove the battery and then replace it after some seconds...

will speak to ITXTutor and see if this is an issue or not,

thank you ZZYZXROAD for seeing this...

-MZA-

Jul 14, 2014
hi..have some prob here..iam trying to flash a stock rom of my sm-n900.after rooted,installed driver,but when its time to flashing it, the flashing prog like doesnt reconize the phone and nothing happend..iam sure i followed the steps very carefully. hoping for some ans here..

p/s : my phone has a ' damaged phone storage ' problem and i want to tried flasing new rom to fix that after tired googling and not finding any solution for this.

//sorry if iam posting at the wrong section..

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
-MZA-,

can you please connect your device to MTK droid tools and post a screen shot of your device info using the clipboard in the program...thank you...

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
-MZA-,

sorry was eating my dinner and am trying to get a friends samsung into download mode without a working home button,(crappy ADB commands wont work either),ok so you have a faked device as you can see from the screen shot...did you make a full backup...

please check it with this list

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-What-are-all-the-IMAGES-in-a-ROM-Basics-Tutorial

sorry to ask again but what did the other side of the screen say in mtk droid tools,as for sp flash tool you can try different versions and see if one works

but it is very important that the device is not UBIFS so connect back to MTK droid tools and see if the left side of the screen says UBIFS anywhere,if it does not then you should be ok..if it does do not attempt to flash anything until you speak to the admin here ITXTUTOR

-MZA-

Jul 14, 2014
the other side showed this

" ATTENTION!  Fake Hardware in kernel or firmware doesn't correspond to phone! "

is it ok?

now iam reading that backup thingy.

i have tried 2 ver. of sp flash tool.

1. v5.1348.00

2. v3.1312.0.139

either one of them cant detect my phone.

in other case..is there any other option to fix the " damaged phone storage " ?

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
not sure to be honest...itxtutor will know more he will be back online tomorrow..but it does mean that those chinese fuckers faked something in your device...do you have a link to the seller where you bought it at all

-MZA-

Jul 14, 2014
wow..that cheap cunt faked something on my phone..its already a copy,they shouldnt "faked" anything else tho. hope itxtutor read this thread.

i dont have any link to the seller coz i bought it from a guy at raw market ( a place that sell cheap stuff )

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
thats not good...so a lesson to be learned here...if your gonna buy a clone...always make sure the seller is legit and that you can contact them...it sure can help in a situation like this...

and the seller did not fake anything on the device it was made like that in the factory...maybe faked afterwards...but itxtutor will tell you for sure

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
hi, your phone has a mtk 6589 SoC, it shows just fake cpu (exynos samsung). just dont care too much about that
it´s common. for your otherproblem please post a new thread , i will have a look at it soon.

mechanical

Jul 18, 2014
my problem is in the photo. what can i do for this? my phone isnt open 2 days. please help. my only way is to flash a new rom.

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
what are you going to flash ? part of the rom ? seems that you flash a wrong rom which overlaps regions...

Paps

May 31, 2014
hi ixtutor

i have a problem with flashing my mtk6592 S5 clone

(the latest version with 2Gb Ram - 16Gb ROM)

it says : BROM ERROR : S_UNSUPPORTED_VER_OF_DA (1022)

DA binary file contains an unsupported version in it's header ! Please Ask for Help

any suggestions  ??

i have SP Flash Tool v3.1332.0.187 ,

i see that in The ROM's Folder there is an SP_MDT_exe_v3.1408.00.00

but when i open it , it crashes