Screen not working after flashing the RIGHT ROM- Samsung S7 Edge Clone (hero2qltechn)

unesever

Feb 2, 2017
Hello everyone,
I have just got this Samsung S7 Edge clone with a custom ROM installed (I guess it's custom)
It was working fine but I noticed that I can't install Apps because the storage is full
So I thought it's because of the ROM , the system files are taking all the space , so I decided to look for another ROM
First , let me give the phone details when I first got it:

Code:
GENERAL:
-Brand:Samsung
-Model:SM-G9350
-Device Type:hero2qltechn/htc6580_weg_a_l
-Product name: hero2qltezc
FIRMWARE:
-Baseband version: MOLY.WR8.W1449.MD.WG.MP.V23.P8  2016/07/25
-Kernel version: 3.10.0-2828982 wangsongsong@android-server3 #1 32-bit
-Java virtual machine: ART 2.1.0
ANDROID:
-root: yes
-android version: 6.0.1
-build number: MMB29M.G9350ZCU2APD1
-build fingerprint: samsung/hero2ltexx/hero2lte:6.0.1/MMB29K/G935FXXU1APAVA:user/release-keys
HARDWARE:
-hardware/board: mt6580 32bits
-ship: mt6580
-GPU: ARM Mali-400 MP

So I looked on google and found the following:
ROM1: The one which was installed in the phone : https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B-EUqlLQUL2PS3F3WFoyVjVoUE0&export=download
found here : http://www.needrom.com/download/samsung-s7-edge-clone/

ROM2: Didn't work with at first , but worked after unchecking "preloader" in SP Flash tool: http://www.needrom.com/download/hdc-s7-mmb29m/

ROM3: the bad one that messed with the touch screen I guess: http://www.gsmchinamobile.com/2016/08/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-g935f-mt6580.html

So let me tell you what happened exactly
I used "SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1628" to install the ROMs
I installed the ROM1 and I found that it the same as the one I had (the touch screen was working fine) , so I decided to install ROM2 , after installing it , the phone didn't want to turn on
So I decided to install ROM1 again , and it worked fine (the touch screen was working fine)
so I tried to install ROM3 but I unchecked "preloader" in SP Flash Tool , the phone turned on but it was given me a Gray screen and I could hear the sound of turning on but without seeing a thing
so I decided again to Install ROM2 with unchecking "prealoader" in SP Flash tool, so I did that , and this time ROM2 worked and turned on , but I couldn't use the Touch screen anymore (only Home screen working)
So I decided to go back to the old rom (ROM1) that was working before , but this time I couldn't use the Touch screen anymore
I thought I broke the Screen somehow , so I asked a Tech guy here to verify it and he said the screen is fine and it's something with the software not hardware
I really don't know what to do or why ROM1 is not working anymore

I have run a Memory Test using "SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1648":
RAM Test
Data Bus Test
Addr Bus Test
Dedicated Pattern Test
Inc/Dec Pattern Test

and those are the results:
Code:
============ Memory Detection Report ===========

Internal RAM:

External RAM:

Type = DRAM

Size = 0x40000000 (1024MB/8192Mb)

NAND Flash:

ERROR: NAND Flash was not detected!

EMMC:

EMMC_PART_BOOT1     Size = 0x0000000000100000(1MB)
     EMMC_PART_BOOT2     Size = 0x0000000000100000(1MB)
     EMMC_PART_RPMB     Size = 0x0000000000100000(1MB)
     EMMC_PART_GP1     Size = 0x0000000000000000(0MB)
     EMMC_PART_GP2     Size = 0x0000000000000000(0MB)
     EMMC_PART_GP3     Size = 0x0000000000000000(0MB)
     EMMC_PART_GP4     Size = 0x0000000000000000(0MB)
     EMMC_PART_USER     Size = 0x00000000e9800000(3736MB)

UFS:

ERROR: UFS was not detected!

============     RAM Test     ============

Data Bus Test:

[D0]
[D1]
[D2]
[D3]
[D4]
[D5]
[D6]
[D7]
[D8]
[D9]
[D10]
[D11]
[D12]
[D13]
[D14]
[D15]
[D16]
[D17]
[D18]
[D19]
[D20]
[D21]
[D22]
[D23]
[D24]
[D25]
[D26]
[D27]
[D28]
[D29]
[D30]
[D31]
OK!!

Address Bus Test:

[A1]
[A2]
[A3]
[A4]
[A5]
[A6]
[A7]
[A8]
[A9]
[A10]
[A11]
[A12]
[A13]
[A14]
[A15]
[A16]
[A17]
[A18]
[A19]
[A20]
[A21]
[A22]
[A23]
[A24]
[A25]
[A26]
[A27]
[A28]
[A29]
OK!!

RAM Pattern Test :
Writing ...
    0x44332211,
    0xA5A5A5A5,
    0xA5A5A500,
    0xA500A500,
    0xA5000000,
    0x00000000,
    0xFFFF0000,
    0xFFFFFFFF,
OK!!

Increment/Decrement Test:
Writing...
OK!!

I hope someone can help me here
Regards,

Last edited:

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
ok so...as you are maybe not aware...this is a clone...LOL...and as such things like the rom and ram size specs are spoofed or faked to show different valuse to that which are really on the device...you storage issue is simple...there is no storage on the device it will most probably contain enough storage for the OS and maybe 1 or 2 apps then no more...there is absolutely nothing you can do about this...as for getting the device up and running again after you mentioned this in the post above

QUOTE : "the phone turned on but it was given me a Gray screen and I could hear the sound of turning on but without seeing a thing"

the usual fix for this is just booting into recovery and wipe data factory reset as this could just have been where the cache or dalvik cache clashed and the system needed clearing...alternatively you can also just flash the UBOOT or LK.BIN files from one of the other roms as these files contain the display drivers and can sometimes be cross compatible with other roms with the same mtk65xx version,to do this simply load the scatter file and untick everything except thos files and flash them

now last thing is the touchscreen issue this could be any number of things as these clones are not built to last they are simply cash cows for the manufacturer,(usually some chinese guy in a booth in an indoor tech market in shenzhen),they are made simply to work long enough for you to turn on and use for anywhere from a day to week to a month...etc etc..the hardware used to make these devices is also usually very crappy and you could also just have a loose connection inside the device...and the last thing is the software as this is usually a heavily skinned version of android it can have major issues and cause problems from bricking to touchscreen issues like what you have...nothing you can usually to except keep trying roms until one works

and lastly and most importantly...NEVER EVER FLASH THE PRELOADER a wrong preloader can brick the device for good

unesever

Feb 2, 2017
ok so...as you are maybe not aware...this is a clone...LOL...and as such things like the rom and ram size specs are spoofed or faked to show different valuse to that which are really on the device...you storage issue is simple...there is no storage on the device it will most probably contain enough storage for the OS and maybe 1 or 2 apps then no more...there is absolutely nothing you can do about this...as for getting the device up and running again after you mentioned this in the post above

QUOTE : "the phone turned on but it was given me a Gray screen and I could hear the sound of turning on but without seeing a thing"

the usual fix for this is just booting into recovery and wipe data factory reset as this could just have been where the cache or dalvik cache clashed and the system needed clearing...alternatively you can also just flash the UBOOT or LK.BIN files from one of the other roms as these files contain the display drivers and can sometimes be cross compatible with other roms with the same mtk65xx version,to do this simply load the scatter file and untick everything except thos files and flash them

now last thing is the touchscreen issue this could be any number of things as these clones are not built to last they are simply cash cows for the manufacturer,(usually some chinese guy in a booth in an indoor tech market in shenzhen),they are made simply to work long enough for you to turn on and use for anywhere from a day to week to a month...etc etc..the hardware used to make these devices is also usually very crappy and you could also just have a loose connection inside the device...and the last thing is the software as this is usually a heavily skinned version of android it can have major issues and cause problems from bricking to touchscreen issues like what you have...nothing you can usually to except keep trying roms until one works

and lastly and most importantly...NEVER EVER FLASH THE PRELOADER a wrong preloader can brick the device for good
Thanks for your reply our king lol . But as you can see in the picture , I have flashed the ROM 1 again and I can boot the phone , everything looks fine BUT the touchscreen.
I'm trying to make SP MDT work so I can change LCD drivers and try if one will work , but I keep getting the issue "incorrect scatter file naming" when I check the scatter file. I really don't know why the Scatter file is working with SP Flash Tool but not SP Multi Port (where I can select LCD drivers) , I have tried all the solutions (deleting some lines of # ) and moving the ROM to C:// directory , but I keep getting that file naming issue.
I'm sure this have something to do with the Drivers somehow , even that I have installed the ROM 1 multiple times and the touchscreen was working , until the last time where the touch screen stopped working.
I thought I have broken the Digitizer , but IT guys keep telling me you can't broke it by flashing.
I really don't know what to do anymore

Reactions: mrsim

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
is there no uboot file available in any of the roms...? if yes simply load the scatter file and untick everything except uboot or lk.bin...then flash the file and see if the device will boot....alternatively you can try making copies of each rom and add the uboot or lk.bin file from one to the other making sure that you remove the old file first...then try loading the scatter file into SP multi port and see if it will accept it

unesever

Feb 2, 2017
is there no uboot file available in any of the roms...? if yes simply load the scatter file and untick everything except uboot or lk.bin...then flash the file and see if the device will boot....alternatively you can try making copies of each rom and add the uboot or lk.bin file from one to the other making sure that you remove the old file first...then try loading the scatter file into SP multi port and see if it will accept it
Those are the files I have on that working ROM1 (that used to work)
Folder "Extra_Files" : nvram.bin + proinfo.bin
Files:
_Android_Info.txt
boot.img
cache.img
lk.bin
logo.bin
MT6580_Android_scatter.txt
preloader_hct6580_weg_a_l.bin
recovery.img
secro.img
system.img
userdata.img

And also as I have said , I can't use SP Multi Port , I keep getting the issue "incorrect scatter file naming" , I can only use SP Flash Tool v5.16 which wok with my ROM scatter file

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
and as i have explained and also as you can see in the screen shot you have provided...there is a file called 'lk.bin' this file contains the display drivers needed to get the screen working...so what i suggest you do is try different 'lk.bin' files from the other 2 roms you have...just load the scatter file into sp flash tool and untick everything except the 'lk.bin' file then flash it...the same goes for the file 'uboot' these two files are the same...some roms will show either one or the other...you can try any lk.bin files from any rom so long as the rom has...1) the same mtk65xx version as your device....2) the same display res as your device (EXAMPLE:1080px720p)...etc etc

Reactions: unesever

unesever

Feb 2, 2017
so what i suggest you do is try different 'lk.bin' files from the other 2 roms you have...just load the scatter file into sp flash tool and untick everything except the 'lk.bin' file then flash it..
I have tried that, using lk.bin from ROM2 the phone can boot but the screen touch not working (just like with ROM1), with lk.bin from ROM3 the phone can't even boot , it turn on and off on and off.
I just don't know how the ROM1 is not working anymore , I used to flash with this ROM like 5 or 6 times using SP Flash Tool (Flash All+Download) and the touch screen was working fine every time. Why now the ROM1 is not working , since the ROM1 was working before , doesn't that mean the lk.bin from ROM1 is fine ? Doesn't that mean the digitizer is the one broken and it has nothing to do with the drivers ?

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
it could be the digitizer who knows but this is a clone device you must expect that the hardware/software will not be reliable and things like this will happen with no explanation and also no solution

Reactions: unesever

rebgershon

Jul 29, 2017
I had a similar problem to UNESEVER. It started when I left the phone switched on and battery went flat. It wouldn't recharge. I removed the battery, connected a different battery but made no difference. Then I saw a post about common faults with the phone that might be cured with a firmware reiflash. I tracked down a rom from a website but when I installed it although the phone would reboot and everything appeared to work including the touch screen and bottom buttons, the screen was showing a garbled display. I followed MRSIM's advice and looked for another MT6580 rom and found the SM 953F room like UNESEVER and flashed only the lk.bin file to see if it would solve the problem. Unfortunately, it also screwed up my touch screen and despite finding the correct rom now for the phone, flashing gives me back a normal display, power, home & volume buttons work but the touchscreen doesn't work & neither do the bottom right and left buttons. I've tried some different roms or just the lk.bin files but still no joy. It looks as though the 953F is a definite no no for this phone, something must have been fried by it. All connections look good.
Does anyone have any further suggestions as to how I might get the touch screen to function again otherwise the phone is going in the garbage can!

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
I had a similar problem to UNESEVER. It started when I left the phone switched on and battery went flat. It wouldn't recharge. I removed the battery, connected a different battery but made no difference. Then I saw a post about common faults with the phone that might be cured with a firmware reiflash. I tracked down a rom from a website but when I installed it although the phone would reboot and everything appeared to work including the touch screen and bottom buttons, the screen was showing a garbled display. I followed MRSIM's advice and looked for another MT6580 rom and found the SM 953F room like UNESEVER and flashed only the lk.bin file to see if it would solve the problem. Unfortunately, it also screwed up my touch screen and despite finding the correct rom now for the phone, flashing gives me back a normal display, power, home & volume buttons work but the touchscreen doesn't work & neither do the bottom right and left buttons. I've tried some different roms or just the lk.bin files but still no joy. It looks as though the 953F is a definite no no for this phone, something must have been fried by it. All connections look good.
Does anyone have any further suggestions as to how I might get the touch screen to function again otherwise the phone is going in the garbage can!
yes we do have a touchscreen reclibration APK in the tutorial setion somwhere if you want to give that a try maybe it will work for you

https://www.china-devices.com/forum/index.php?forums/phone-tutorials.75/

Reactions: rebgershon

rebgershon

Jul 29, 2017
Thanks MRSIM but I can't access the phone to put any apps on it as I can't get beyond the lockscreen shown in the picture at the beginning of this thread unless there's another way?

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
Thanks MRSIM but I can't access the phone to put any apps on it as I can't get beyond the lockscreen shown in the picture at the beginning of this thread unless there's another way?
can you access the recovery...maybe connect the device to a p.c. dump the APK into the internal or sd card memory...then attempt to run it via the recovery mode...you could also attempt to factory reset from recovery if possible as well maybe this will help

rebgershon

Jul 29, 2017
Hi, thanks again for your reply.
I can get a 3 option menu: recovery, fastboot and normal boot as per picture 1 here 20170807_183548.jpg
by pressing recovery I get the following icon 20170807_183603.jpg
by pressing the home button I get the system recovery menu 20170807_183619.jpg
Should I load the apk to an SD card (I'll do this with the card in my pc) and then hit option 3 apply update from SD card? I already tried wipe cache partition and wipe data/factory reset but didn't make any difference.
Once apply update finished what to I do next?

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
you do not have an option to apply an apk in your recovery so it will not work i am afraid mate sorry...but at least you can access the recovery which means all is not lost the only thing i can suggest is to keep trying uboot or lk.bin files via the flash tool to see if one of those manages to get the touchscreen working again...only a custom recovery will allow you to flash an apk file in this situation...not a lot else you can do

rebgershon

Jul 29, 2017
Can I flash a version of TWRP then? Is this what you mean by a custom recovery?

Can you suggest some alternative roms to try with links please?

Last edited:

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
unfortunately you do not get custom roms for clones...developers cannot be bothered with them as they are so cheap and shitty...sorry...there is nothing you can do except try to find the correct rom or display driver file this is the problem with clones if you have first made a full mtk droid tools backup you would not have a problem...but many people never do this before the clone fails,,,as these devices are designed to fail because the manufacturers are only out to make a quick buck

rebgershon

Jul 29, 2017
Thanks again for your reply MRSIM.I will keep trying to find an lk.bin fie that might revive the touchscreen-I take it that I should look for MT6580 types?

As for the phone itself, it cost me nothing as it was bought on ebay as a supposed genuine S7 Edge,& I was refunded in full by ebay so I had only really been playing around with it otherwise I'd be very miffed by now. I never got a chance to make to a backup and any contacts etc. I put on will have been erased in the reflashing. I like the challenge of trying to get it to work and will post if/when I do so other members might be able to repair theirs.

rebgershon

Jul 29, 2017
Good Morning MRSIM.I've tried a number of different MT6580 roms, some will allow flashing of the lk.bin file, some will not flash unless format & download is selected & some say insufficient space. In any event the touchscreen is still not working-I know when it's going to work because the bottom buttons will illuminate during bootup and that hasn't happened yet.
However, I found a custom recovery called Philz for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Clone MTK6580 which I successfully flashed with SP Tools. One of the options is Install Zip. Do you think I'd be able to install the apk you mentioned with it?

Also is there anything else I can do with this recovery?

Attachments

Don4418

May 14, 2014
Thanks again for your reply MRSIM.I will keep trying to find an lk.bin fie that might revive the touchscreen-I take it that I should look for MT6580 types?

As for the phone itself, it cost me nothing as it was bought on ebay as a supposed genuine S7 Edge,& I was refunded in full by ebay so I had only really been playing around with it otherwise I'd be very miffed by now. I never got a chance to make to a backup and any contacts etc. I put on will have been erased in the reflashing. I like the challenge of trying to get it to work and will post if/when I do so other members might be able to repair theirs.
Hi,
I am having the same issue with the same exact model. I want to know if you've been able fix your touch problem yet. I really need a solution for this problem.

rebgershon

Jul 29, 2017
Hi,
I am having the same issue with the same exact model. I want to know if you've been able fix your touch problem yet. I really need a solution for this problem.
No, I haven't found a solution yet, see my last 2 postings.
What happened to your phone and it what way doesn't it work?

dsds