ROOT + CWM - Readback your ROM with SP-Flash Tools.

mpti11

Dec 22, 2014
this shouldn't have anything to do with the dodgy screen
what do you think I should do? I was able to calibrate with my original sceen. and since I replaced it, it doesn't work anymore. I think the firmware version of the screen and the phone are not compatible.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
so you think that maybe you ordered the wrong screen for the device,did you find the part number for the screen and order exactly the same one or just search with the device name...it maybe could be the issue...am not sure as i have not yet got into replacing screens yet

itxtutor will have more knowledge

djtetei

Jan 24, 2015
Braila
I wonder if anyone can explain why after a successful read back made by SP Flash Tool resulting in a ROM_0 file, i obtained a processed folder by MTK Droid Tools 2.5.3 containing all the required files and images, except the preloader.bin? This file is missing from my folder, although in SP Flash Tool read back phase i selected the start address of PRELOADER (0x0) and in the length field i entered the start address of CACHE (0x52800000), extracted from the scatter file.

If you watch closely the video tutorial posted by Itxtutor at the start of this thread, you will observe that when he opens MTK Droid Tools 2.5.3 and enters the command to process the file from Flash Tool, the resulting folder is missing the preloader.bin also! However, we were not given any explanation about it. The fact is visible even in the status windows of MTK Droid Tools. The application list all the other images and files extracted but the preloader.bin, which of course is missing or not processed.​

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
I wonder if anyone can explain why after a successful read back made by SP Flash Tool resulting in a ROM_0 file, i obtained a processed folder by MTK Droid Tools 2.5.3 containing all the required files and images, except the preloader.bin? This file is missing from my folder, although in SP Flash Tool read back phase i selected the start address of PRELOADER (0x0) and in the length field i entered the start address of CACHE (0x52800000), extracted from the scatter file.

If you watch closely the video tutorial posted by Itxtutor at the start of this thread, you will observe that when he opens MTK Droid Tools 2.5.3 and enters the command to process the file from Flash Tool, the resulting folder is missing the preloader.bin also! However, we were not given any explanation about it. The fact is visible even in the status windows of MTK Droid Tools. The application list all the other images and files extracted but the preloader.bin, which of course is missing or not processed.​
good spot i will tell him maybe he will update the video

do you have a folder called 'files for flashtools' the preloader should be in there

djtetei

Jan 24, 2015
Braila
good spot i will tell him maybe he will update the video

do you have a folder called 'files for flashtools' the preloader should be in there
My "ForFlashtoolFromReadBack" folder contains the following files:

- boot.img [10 MB]​

- EBR1​

- EBR2​

- expdb​

- factory_NONmodified_recovery.img [10 MB]​

- logo.bin​

- MBR​

- misc​

- MT6592_Android_scatter.txt​

- nvram.bin​

- pro_info​

- protect_f​

- protect_s​

- seccfg​

- secro.img​

- spdata​

- system.img [1.20 GB]​

- uboot.bin​

- X2_Soul_140915__boot_patched_150122-213353.img [5.61 MB]​

- X2_Soul_140915__recovery_150122-213353.img [6.27 MB]​

Notice: preloader.bin is missing

Mahesh Wagh

Feb 5, 2015
I have Intex aqua n15 , kitkat 4.4.2 android..... i have rooted my device...... I want to flash my device with CyanogenMod. .... But my device does not supports CWM and also CyanogenMod ... then How can I do this....... Plz Help ... !! Plz... !!

Thanks in advance !! :-)

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
I have Intex aqua n15 , kitkat 4.4.2 android..... i have rooted my device...... I want to flash my device with CyanogenMod. .... But my device does not supports CWM and also CyanogenMod ... then How can I do this....... Plz Help ... !! Plz... !!

mahesh,

please create a new thread in hardware and software support,give as much info as possible,(if you have connected to mtk droid tools v2.5.3 then please post a screen shot of your device specs),

Â

djtetei

Jan 24, 2015
Braila

First of all you must be sure that your drivers are correctly installed and working properly.

If you have doubts about the correct functioning of the drivers, I suggest to read and possibly follow the procedure described in this tutorial: "MAKE IT WORK! ADB & MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM Port Drivers Installation".

Given that, for the moment, you can not find a custom recovery image compatible for your device, you have to create it yourself by following this procedure:

• Download MTK Droid Tools 2.5.3
  • Download SPFlashTool 5.1352.01
  • Install ADB drivers and MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Port drivers (as described in the tutorial given above)
  • Turn on the device, enable USB Debugging and connect it to the PC
  • Open MTK Droid Tools 2.5.3 as administrator and allow it to detect your device. Beware of the "UBIFS" file system warning, because if your device has it you won't be able to flash custom ROMs.
  • In MTK Droid Tools open the "Blocks Map" and select "Create scatter file" button.
  • Run SPFlashTool as administrator.

• Load the scatter file your created earlier.

• Go to the "READ BACK" tab.
  • Click on "Add" button. Double click the mouse on the appeared line and choose a file name. The name has to begin with ROM_ as offered by SPFlashTool! Remember the path and the name of the ROM_ file.
  • A new windows will appear where your should enter the HEX values of the ROM size. To do this, open your scatter file in Notepad++, and copy the PRELOADER linear star address value to the "Start Address" field in SPFlashTool. It shoud be 0x0. Next, if your device uses the ext4 file system, copy the CACHE linear start address value to the "Length" field in SPFlashTool. Select "OK" button.
  • Turn off the phone. Remove and reinsert the battery if it has one.
  • In SPFlashTool, click the "READ BACK" button and connect the device to PC. Note that some devices require to press the VOLUME UP or VOLUME DOWN keys while connecting to PC.
  • The read back task should start now. Be patient and allow it to finish. Depending on the computer configuration this process may take up to 45 minutes to complete. When the task is complete you should see a green notification displaying the OK message.
  • Disconnect the device from PC.
  • Turn on the device, connect it to PC, open MTK Droid Tools as administrator and allow it to detect the device.
  • In MTK Droid Tools, select "To process files ROM_ from FlashTool" and choose the previously created ROM_ file.
  • In the process you will be asked if you want to create custom CWM recovery. Select "YES" and wait for the task to complete.
  • Now you will have a folder named "_ForFlashtoolFromReadBack_", containing among other files, the PhoneModel_recovery_YYMMDD_HHMMSS.img file. This is your custom CWM recovery.
  • Turn off the phone.
  • Run SPFlashTool as administrator, load the scatter files from the "_ForFlashtoolFromReadBack_" folder and your files will be loaded.
  • Make sure to select the "RECOVERY" component only.
  • Look at the "PATH" column and notice the missing file for the "RECOVERY" component. Click on the path line and select the PhoneModel_recovery_YYMMDD_HHMMSS.img file.
  • In "DOWLOAD" tab select "Download Only" mode.
  • Press the "DOWNLOAD" button, connect the device to PC and allow it to finish. When the task is complete it will display a green box with the "OK" message.
  • Disconnect the device from PC.
  • Reboot the device in CWM Recovery by pressing the "POWER" and "VOLUME UP" keys simultaneously. If the device boots ok in CWM recovery mode, you are good to go.
  • Next, you can root the device. At this stage I would not advise to choose an exploit rooting method like V-Root, FramaRoot or others. The best method to root the device is to flash the "UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.45.zip" file from CWM Recovery.

From now on, if you choose to flash a custom ROM it is only your choise.

If you encounter any problems, do not hesitate to ask questions.

I hope I've been helpful so far.

GOOD LUCK!​

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
nice one dj-tetei,

+1 rep points added for the explanation/tutorial...great work...keep it up...:cool:

Dec 24, 2014
At step 7 it ask to make cwm recovery automatically and i click yes but there's an error.. and say task complete. all other loaded up but only problem is at that part.. thank you!

quantik

Feb 18, 2015
I'm trying this method with this tablet:

Hardware : MT6572 (MT6582 is Fake!)

Model : D101

Build number : D101_vCC014B_20141105

Build date UTC : 20141105-091916

Android  v : 4.4.2

Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V36.P27, 2014/10/30 14:20

Kernel v : 3.4.67 (buildserver@buildserver1) (gcc version 4.7 (GCC) ) #1 SMP  Wed Nov 26 18:02:52 CST 2014

When I get to the part where I create my own CWM in MTK tools, I have this problem :

Code:
-- Le dossier de sauvegarde sur l ordinateur: D:\temp\android\_MTK6582\root\MTK_Droid_Tools_253\MtkDroidTools\backups\D101_141105_ForFlashtoolFromReadBack_150218-133406\

--- scatter est d ecrire dans le fichier: 

D:\temp\android\_MTK6582\root\MTK_Droid_Tools_253\MtkDroidTools\backups\D101_141105_ForFlashtoolFromReadBack_150218-133406\MT6572_Android_scatter.txtcopie est terminee 

-- preloader.bin ...il est copier  ... cut OK

-- MBR ...il est copier 

-- EBR1 ...il est copier 

-- pro_info ...il est copier 

-- nvram.bin ...il est copier 

-- protect_f ...il est copier 

-- protect_s ...il est copier 

-- seccfg ...il est copier 

-- uboot.bin ...il est copier 

-- boot.img ...il est copier 

--- ERREUR  :No find KernelGZ

--- ERREUR  :No Split Boot Image

-- recovery.img ...il est copier 

-- secro.img ...il est copier 

-- misc ...il est copier 

-- logo.bin ...il est copier 

-- EBR2 ...il est copier 

-- custom ...il est copier 

-- expdb ...il est copier 

-- system.img ...il est copier 

--- tache est terminee  ---

--->>> Connect to device <<<---

ATTENTION!  faux materiel dans le noyau ou firmware ne correspond pas a telephone!

2 errors:

Code:
No find KernelGZ

No Split Boot Image

When i go in the backup directory of MTK tools, only the factory recovery exists, not a modified one. Any advice?

Thanks

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
I'm trying this method with this tablet:

Hardware : MT6572 (MT6582 is Fake!)

Model : D101

Build number : D101_vCC014B_20141105

Build date UTC : 20141105-091916

Android v : 4.4.2

Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V36.P27, 2014/10/30 14:20

Kernel v : 3.4.67 (buildserver@buildserver1) (gcc version 4.7 (GCC) ) #1 SMPÂ Wed Nov 26 18:02:52 CST 2014

When I get to the part where I create my own CWM in MTK tools, I have this problem :

Â

Code:
-- Le dossier de sauvegarde sur l ordinateur: D:\temp\android\_MTK6582\root\MTK_Droid_Tools_253\MtkDroidTools\backups\D101_141105_ForFlashtoolFromReadBack_150218-133406\

--- scatter est d ecrire dans le fichier:

D:\temp\android\_MTK6582\root\MTK_Droid_Tools_253\MtkDroidTools\backups\D101_141105_ForFlashtoolFromReadBack_150218-133406\MT6572_Android_scatter.txtcopie est terminee

-- preloader.bin ...il est copier  ... cut OK

-- MBR ...il est copier

-- EBR1 ...il est copier

-- pro_info ...il est copier

-- nvram.bin ...il est copier

-- protect_f ...il est copier

-- protect_s ...il est copier

-- seccfg ...il est copier

-- uboot.bin ...il est copier

-- boot.img ...il est copier

--- ERREUR  :No find KernelGZ

--- ERREUR  :No Split Boot Image

-- recovery.img ...il est copier

-- secro.img ...il est copier

-- misc ...il est copier

-- logo.bin ...il est copier

-- EBR2 ...il est copier

-- custom ...il est copier

-- expdb ...il est copier

-- system.img ...il est copier

--- tache est terminee  ---

--->>> Connect to device <<<---

ATTENTION!  faux materiel dans le noyau ou firmware ne correspond pas a telephone!

2 errors:

Code:
No find KernelGZ

No Split Boot Image

When i go in the backup directory of MTK tools, only the factory recovery exists, not a modified one. Any advice?

Thanks
hey quantik,

can you please create a new thread in hardware and software support...thank you

also can you post a screen shot in your new thread of your device connected to mtk droid tools so that we can see the specs and any warnings like the (mtk6582 is fake) or this device is UBIFS file system

Â

Rajkumar Ukkuturi

Feb 23, 2015
i am using mt6572 device . it is running 4.4.2 .

i try this tutorial several times . but after i insert the ROM_0. and press next it showing  2 errors  and no recovery is created . i tried almost 6 times but not succeded . can you please help me with my device . you can find my device ROM in this " http://xdafirmware.com/support/index.php?dir=Zen/Ultrafone%20Series/303%203G/ "  

my device name is zen ultrafone 303 3g . try to create a CWM for my device . that will be a great help to me .

thank you

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
which errors you get ?

never heard about this phone, you will probably need to make it on your own.

is your phone UBIFS ? if yes there will be a error too..

Gianflavio Gordillo

Feb 25, 2015
following your youtube video, when i connect my device in preloader mode i have a yellow triangle, which you said i had to be really quick and manually update it. I'm not sure which file im supposed to choose.

thanks

abhisekjena465

Feb 26, 2015
Bro,I use a galaxy s5 clone mt6582 my phone is not detected in my windows 8 pc when i remove the battery..

Please help me bro asap..

BR,

Abhisek Jena

GoGetRekt

Mar 3, 2015
when i press ok to create custom recovery i have two fails :No find KernelGZ

-No Split Boot Image i cant create modified recovery i just need recovery for mtk6572

GoGetRekt

Mar 3, 2015
are you using this method in the link below

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-How-to-install-CWM-on-every-Chinaphone
i use this method 

but in this method: http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-How-to-install-CWM-on-every-Chinaphone i have the same error                No find KernelGZ
 :No Split Boot Image

Carlos Silva

Mar 21, 2015
Hello,

In the MKT DroidRoot & Tools v2.5.3, when i connect my Uriver H900 3G Smartphone Android 4.4 MTK6592 it appears in the right screen this message: "In system already available: Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.26" and nothing more... the left screen is blank and no info appears. The PdaNet... is working ok, and the phone is connected. The debug mode is on... rssrsrsr

All of this is because my phone says: "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." when i try to plug the SIM cards.