Resurrect a Mediatek phone "almost" or "completely" lifeless

Jul 2, 2018
Hey! i just found this website, like it a lot, theres a BUNCH of useful information about mtk devices (which i love) i've managed to resurrect many mtk devices, but with time a lot of them with a corrupted preloader has been piling up, the thing is most of them give the "unknonw device" error when connecting to pc on windows 7 and windows 10, and some connect for a brief time and then disconnect, what could be a way to work around that?
thanks in advance!

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
Hey! i just found this website, like it a lot, theres a BUNCH of useful information about mtk devices (which i love) i've managed to resurrect many mtk devices, but with time a lot of them with a corrupted preloader has been piling up, the thing is most of them give the "unknonw device" error when connecting to pc on windows 7 and windows 10, and some connect for a brief time and then disconnect, what could be a way to work around that?
thanks in advance!
connection problems usualy involve making sure that you have the correct drivers,(mtk usb together with mtk usb vcom), correctly installed onto your p.c. after that it's all about the preloader,usually pressing and holding vol- OR vol+ before you connect the device will trigger the preloader to connect to the drivers