Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
in mtk droid tools, connect it and click IMEI / NVRAM

input imei and press ok

make sure you got green root shell.

tutorial coming soon

Jun 15, 2014
At home the calls get crappy but my wife has the same carrier and her calls don't muffle. Any where else I'm at full bars just not at home or work. Should I restore it anyways...can i change one number and put in a new imei ?

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
it shows on mine when im entering imei then pressing done : this command is not allowed in Userbuild, what i have to do please help?
use this tutorial instead...but that imei number you mentioned in the other thread with all the 111111111 this is not a real imei so check the sticker behind the battery on the back of your device and see if those imei numbers work instead

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-IMEI-Repairing-if-Command-doesnt-work

Percymama

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Mar 19, 2014
Cornwall United Kingdom
This command error is caused by not typing the number in correctly.

Please use this method below and try again, it should send the command then :emoticon-0142-happy:

(Dont worry about downloading MTK Engineer if "Mobile Uncle" is working for you, just do all the other steps for typing in the number)

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-Restore-IMEI-On-64bit-Devices-Possible-Issue-s-Fixed

reisamm

Feb 23, 2015
none of this methods worked for me, I still get 'invalid'...

-----------------------------

[solved]

Had already tried a SP Tools flash of a stock ROM and all other methods and tuturials and  none of them worked...

Then I went into SP Tools and did a full format of the flash, and then reflashed the stock ROM... I still got the 'invalid' msg after *#06#...

But this time the *#*#6865#*#* write to EMEI worked and did not got any 'fail to write IMEI due to radio unavailable or something else.' message...

just to share, might help someone

Last edited by a moderator: