Restore IMEI with MTK Mobileuncle Toolbox

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
Hey guys, just wanted to post this short guide on how to restore your IMEI with mtk mobileuncle toolbox.

1) Connect your phone on a Wi-Fi network

2) Download Mobileuncle MTK Tools
here or here

3) Install Mobileuncle MTK Tools

4) Once installed -> 4.1/ Opening Mobileuncle MTK Tools

4.2/ Selecting Engineer Mode

4.3/ Selecting Engineer Mode MTK

4.4/ Selecting Connectivity (Swiping by the right side of your screen)

4.5/ Selecting CDS Information

4.6/ Selecting Radio Information

4.7 Selecting Phone (which corresponds to SIM Card 1 or IMEI 1)

4.8/ Find your IMEI just below the barcode on your FAEA box.

4.85/ In the input, type AT+EGMR=1,7,"YOUR IMEI1"

4.90/ Pressing the button SEND AT COMMAND

4.95/ Restarting your phone

5) Your IMEI 1 is now operational.

6) For your second sim card : make the same from 4.1 to 4.6

7)Generating an IMEI code on this website : http://imei-number.com/imei-validation-check/

7.1/ For generating it, just select your IMEI 1 and change the 2nd last number

8) Once generated : make the same from 4.85 to 4.95 but for 4.85 change the 7 of the command by a 10 (AT+EGMR=1,10,"YOUR IMEI2")

Last edited by a moderator:

Noning

Aug 23, 2014
I`m not quite undrstand with the instruction #7. Let say the imei 1 2nd last # is 12, so for imei 2 i shud change to 34 for example? I go invalid notification after i valid it (:-( I`ve been failed to set the imei 2 atm.....maybe there is something i might missed.

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
very odd...do you have to correct permissions,do you have "root explorer" installed on your device

if you do open it,at the top you will see "mounted as r/o" change to mount as R/W

before that if you have "es file explorer" installed open the app swipe to the right and you will see a list of options,one says "root explorer" make sure it is on then check to see if the problem is resolved in mobileuncle

Jun 15, 2014
I downloaded root explorer and I don't see that and I have es file it wasn't on I turned it on

Still no cds info. Maybe I deleted it by mistake when I was deleting apps with app master uninstaller. How do I get it back

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
[attachment=611]

at the top left hand side

if you did delete it then you will need to do a factory rest and reroot or reflash the rom

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer&hl=en_GB

if you have lucky patcher then use that on it before you open it otherwise you gotta pay...support your developer...i do...

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
do you have a custom recovery installed like CWM or you can go into settings/backup +reset

please make sure you have a working backup or nandroid backup available,also make sure that you have saved all your stuff on your ex sd card to a p.c. and also a titanium backup made and copied to the p.c. also

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
mr. ya-di-da

did you solve the problem ?

If not please try to restore your IMEI with MTK droid tools. Guide coming in a few minutes.

You need root access on your phone. but i think that wont be a problem