Read this if your SIM CARD doesnt work or you get NO SIGNAL !

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
Hey guys, just wanted to write a quick tutorial on what you should check if your sim card is not working or you get no signal on your MTK phone. ( Actually you should check some of the things BEFORE you buy a phone
)

1. Check your Frequencies :

You should have checked that before you buy the phone. Make sure that the frequencies which your provider uses are compatible with your smartphone.

So how to do that ? You will need MTL Mobileuncle from the google playstore for that :

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobileuncle.toolbox&hl=de

and here is a short video guide on how to check the frequencies (this time not from me
):

https://www.youtube.com/embed/VJwh6X0qvig?feature=oembed 

I hope this will fix most of the issues, if your phone still doesnt work, you may should return it and order a different one.

cheers,

steven

Last edited by a moderator:

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
updated guide with APN tutorial. its an older video. but basically the same on newer devices.

If you need advice, i will write a guide with screenshots.

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
added new baseband thread :

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-IMEI-and-NVRAM-Repairing-Tools-For-MTK-65XX

Dec 8, 2014
updated guide with APN tutorial. its an older video. but basically the same on newer devices.

If you need advice, i will write a guide with screenshots.
great work every day we learn something new from you. unique  place this forum and it is free...

Jan 13, 2015
I have this problem with my innjoo f2. I have not been able to root it after trying several methods. Please I will be grateful if you can assist on how to root it. That will help me to fix the tab. Thanks. You could reach me at chidi_mav@yahoo.com. 

uk3g

Apr 6, 2015
I have a similar problem. I have a clone Note 4, said it was 6592 but in fact its a MTK 6582. When the phone arrived, I installed an EE Micro Sim which works fine. However, when I tried to install a TalkTalk Sim which used the Vodafone network, it was recognized but states emergency calls only. The phone is supposed to be unlocked and I have used other providers in there but any virtual vodafone provider won't work. Is there anything I can do to get this working? 

I thought about reflashing the phone with the same ROM and that might solve the problem but wanted to know if there was an easier option first.

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
I have a similar problem. I have a clone Note 4, said it was 6592 but in fact its a MTK 6582. When the phone arrived, I installed an EE Micro Sim which works fine. However, when I tried to install a TalkTalk Sim which used the Vodafone network, it was recognized but states emergency calls only. The phone is supposed to be unlocked and I have used other providers in there but any virtual vodafone provider won't work. Is there anything I can do to get this working? 

I thought about reflashing the phone with the same ROM and that might solve the problem but wanted to know if there was an easier option first.
try using the last option in the OP and set up your talktalk APN

uk3g

Apr 6, 2015
Hi

I dont suppose you are trying a 4G sim in a phone which doesn't support 4G (or 3G)

Just a thought :emoticon-0105-wink:
No, the SIM Card is 3G and works in my much older phone which does not cater for 4G

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
have you tried the talk talk sim in any other device...i had a similar problem with an umi zero that i gave to my brother we both use 3 network sims and mine worked fine but his would not he changed the sim 3 times and still nothing...eventually he gave me the device back because no sim he tried would work whereas every sim i put in the device worked no problem,vodafone,giff gaff,(02),02,all of them...if it is an old sim,(1 year or over),maybe it will have problems with that device

but will work fine in others...my brothers sim worked perfectly in his note II...go figure....:emoticon-0136-giggle:

uk3g

Apr 6, 2015
have you tried the talk talk sim in any other device...i had a similar problem with an umi zero that i gave to my brother we both use 3 network sims and mine worked fine but his would not he changed the sim 3 times and still nothing...eventually he gave me the device back because no sim he tried would work whereas every sim i put in the device worked no problem,vodafone,giff gaff,(02),02,all of them...if it is an old sim,(1 year or over),maybe it will have problems with that device

but will work fine in others...my brothers sim worked perfectly in his note II...go figure....:emoticon-0136-giggle:
Thanks Mrsim. Its all very strange. The Sim worked in my old Clone S3 after getting the APN settings from Talktalk. But when I placed it in the Note 4 nothing. Now what is stranger, I have two Note 4's. The second one was as a result of the sellers lying about the true specifications of the device, so I got it free. Anyway, I've placed the talktalk sim in there and it works fine. So now I'm thinking that these clone phone may lock to the network of the first sim you insert in them. I've tried using Sainsbury's mobile sim in the device but it also says emergency calls only. Both sims use the virtual Vodafone network.

My next idea I was thinking about is to backup the device and rom, and do a factory reset and reflash it with the same rom to see whether that might make the device recognise the talktalk network? But I don't want to lose the bootloader or touchwiz?

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
what makes you think that you will lose the bootloader or touchwizz...???

if you have a backup then you should be good...plus all china phones bar a couple of huawei's and lenovo's are unlocked...personally i think it is the sims and not the device...or the sim card reader in the device maybe...because as you said it works on another note 4 clone...but these are clones so very poorly made and always tempremental...:emoticon-0174-bandit:

uk3g

Apr 6, 2015
what makes you think that you will lose the bootloader or touchwizz...???

if you have a backup then you should be good...plus all china phones bar a couple of huawei's and lenovo's are unlocked...personally i think it is the sims and not the device...or the sim card reader in the device maybe...because as you said it works on another note 4 clone...but these are clones so very poorly made and always tempremental...:emoticon-0174-bandit:
I've never backed up or reflashed my device so wasn't sure whether MTK Droid Tools would back up the boot animation and touchwiz but from what your saying it will. 

Yeah I put the same sim into another phone and it works fine so I don't think its the sim. As TalkTalk use Vodafone as its virtual network provider I tried putting a Vodafone sim in it but that didn't work either - emergency calls only. So last option is to flash it.