Problems with SP-Flash tool ? Read this !

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
Now it has been some time since i released my flashing tutorial on youtube and some people have still problems with occuring error codes.

Here are some things which you can try to fix it :

• Always make sure that you have the latest version of SP-Flashtool and MTK droid tools
  • Be sure to run Sp-Flashtool as admin ( - Right click on .exe and chose rund as admin)
  • Try both "download" F9 and "firmware upgrade"
  • Try another USB port or cable ! Make sure it´s not broken !
  • Use Flash Tool' instead of 'SP Flash Tool' -
  • Reinstall drivers
  • Try a different PC / Notebook , like restoring apple devices, maybe something is wrong on your pc. So just got an try a other PC

Brought to you by chinaphonearena. Check out this OPEN thread on chinaphonearea for more solutions ! Click me !

Feel free to post questions or post your own fix solution !

Last edited by a moderator:

abc456

Apr 13, 2014
Hi admin,

I was given a china clone galaxy note 3 Mode:GT-N9000 (which i believe its an HDC Galaxy Note 3 N9000 (MTK6589)).Problem now I am unable to boot the phone. Everytime i power on the phone,it will appear upside down "Recovery Mode" then the screen goes blank.I try to " power button+ minus vol button+Home button" ..it appears "Factory Mode" then the screen goes blank.Therefore I tried your flashing tutorial via youtube, download the following:

1. A25_USB_VCOM_Drivers (Mediatek drivers)

2. SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1328.0.183

3.Custom ROM

So I followed your instructions, I remove battey and plug in usb and install the drivers.It appears on my device manager as "Android Loader" initially and it dissapear and reappear back again.But I manage to install the drivers and appear as "Mediatek Preloader USB VCOM port".But the big problem is it keep appearing and dissapearing from my device manager.I cannot proceeed to flash it and when I try to flash the device it appears error msg "BROM ERROR: S_FT_DA_NO_RESPONSE (4001) DA didn't send response data to FlashTool! "

Please advice and help.

el grande

Apr 15, 2014
same problem here.

Device is appearing and dissapearing on the device manager....

Any advices?

Thanks in advanced

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
Hi admin,

I was given a china clone galaxy note 3 Mode:GT-N9000 (which i believe its an HDC Galaxy Note 3 N9000 (MTK6589)).Problem now I am unable to boot the phone. Everytime i power on the phone,it will appear upside down "Recovery Mode" then the screen goes blank.I try to " power button+ minus vol button+Home button" ..it appears "Factory Mode" then the screen goes blank.Therefore I tried your flashing tutorial via youtube, download the following:

3.Custom ROM

So I followed your instructions, I remove battey and plug in usb and install the drivers.It appears on my device manager as "Android Loader" initially and it dissapear and reappear back again.But I manage to install the drivers and appear as "Mediatek Preloader USB VCOM port".But the big problem is it keep appearing and dissapearing from my device manager.I cannot proceeed to flash it and when I try to flash the device it appears error msg "BROM ERROR: S_FT_DA_NO_RESPONSE (4001) DA didn't send response data to FlashTool! "

Please advice and help.
Hey abc456..had a look on XDA about your error code (4001) and from what i understand it is a driver error so you may have the wrong drivers on your p.c. or maybe you didnt delete all other android drivers before loading the one's you have,follow this link and check all your drivers with "usbdeview" first then follow the tutorial on how to remove them and replace with the one's you need

hope i helped...:sleepy:

same problem here.

Device is appearing and dissapearing on the device manager....

Any advices?

Thanks in advanced
Hey el grande,
if you read the reply i sent to abc456,the error code you guys are receiving is a driver error folow his link and the instructions i left for him and see if it helps you..good luck...:cool:

here is the link on needrom.com of the flash that may help you....please read carefully all the comments and specs before flashing...at least twice....http://www.needrom.com/?s=note+n9000+mtk6589&sa=search&scat=0

Hi admin,

3.Custom ROM

Please advice and help.
here is the link for the roms i found for your device please read all comments and specs very carefully at least twice before flashing
http://www.needrom.com/?s=note+n9000+mtk6589&sa=search&scat=0

i forgot to ask what type of custom rom are you flashing to the phone...hope its MTK based and not AOSP..(android open source project)...i.e cyanogenmod...etc...as these types of roms do not support chinese phones

rahiminejad

Aug 24, 2014
Hi Admin

I have the same problem. After a wrong flashing, my phone (galaxy s5 clone, mtk6582) doesn't work and after power up, just shows an ANDROID logo for a moment and gets dark.

I followed the instruction in the video, and cleared all previous mtk usb drivers by use of the usbdeview. But when I connect the phone to the PC (the battery is removed) nothing happpend!! what should I do?

enderwiggin

Feb 25, 2015
Hi Admin

I have a Lenovo s660, came from cn with S_026 vs... I system-updated and got Vibe UI 2.0 with no google play, store... nothing. Wasn't happy, tried to flash a different nersion and bricked it (like totally... didn't open, reboot, charge, vibrate and so on... it was a real brick I thought it's just good to be thrown out....

THANKS TO YOUR tutorial on you tube, i flashed official S_039 and worked well I got "LK Image incorrect", flashed down to S_032... Now it's good, but I still want an international version.

Can you please advise the steps?

n... I have a second S660 also from cn... at this moment is at S_026 version, and I definitely don't want to go through the "bricking" process again... can you please advise what shall I do if I want a KK international vs.?

THANKS AGAIN for bringing my first phone back to life through your video

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
make a full backup of your rom with mtk droid tools v2.5.3

then download the official firmware from the manufacturer