Phone Storage Repartition Walktrough

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
people,

you must check to see first if you have kitkat or jellybean,the easiest way to do this is to download 'google camera' from playstore this will only install if your device has TRUE KitKat 4.4.

if the app is incompatible then you have a modded jellybean 4.2 or 4.3,(usually 4.2),so make sure after checking this that you download and install the correct EBR's for your device

also sometimes these chinese clones will also spoof,(fake), the memory specs on the device so you think you have 8/16/32GB when in fact you only have 2/4GB best way to check this is with the tutorial below

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-Checking-internal-memory-for-fake-memory

Mar 5, 2015
I have a problem concerning the internal memory should help. I have a samsung galaxy s5 (copy) sm-G900 mtk6572 internal memory was 16 GB and capture of my 14 GB after unbricking my shows memory usage over 14 GB, and free memory took me about 1GB if anyone knows how to restore the factory default memory write me ... excuse on my bad language

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 18, 2014
Good, I am a novice in these wanderings, I have a note HDC 4 N910F with 1G of ram and rom 8G ..comprei a 32 G card and what I wanted to do was change the internal memory by the sd card, as formerly fazri in 4.2 (jellybeen), is it possible ?? ...

my phone has two partitions one with about 2G and one with 4G ...

someone can help me in this task is ..if that is possible in 4.4.4 (kitkat) ...

now let my thanks ..

ps ... tried to change the EBR 1 and 2 but gives error in EBRs ....

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
Good, I am a novice in these wanderings, I have a note HDC 4 N910F with 1G of ram and rom 8G ..comprei a 32 G card and what I wanted to do was change the internal memory by the sd card, as formerly fazri in 4.2 (jellybeen), is it possible ?? ...

my phone has two partitions one with about 2G and one with 4G ...

someone can help me in this task is ..if that is possible in 4.4.4 (kitkat) ...

now let my thanks ..

ps ... tried to change the EBR 1 and 2 but gives error in EBRs ....
Joao,

first and foremost...do you have a MTK droid tools backup of your existing rom...?

this is very important if anything goes wrong with the process

if not then follow this guide to get that done first

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-How-to-completely-backup-your-Chinaphone

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-Guide-Swap-internal-sd-with-external-sd-MT6572-Samsung-Galaxy-S-IV-I950X

Apr 20, 2015
Hi, I'm new to MTK devices, I have Xtouch Sky Pro which has MT6582 chipset. I couldn't backup the new device, cuz I wasn't into MTK modifications when I first get this, however I only got 1 EBR file in the backup folder, also in the scatter file I can only find EBR1, but not EBR2 is visible to choose, could you please tell me why? I lost original backup of the system, I can't get into the official firmware again, neither I can download it from the official site as the phone is still a fresh release or I dunno why. I have few Kitkat firmwares which were released for MT6582, and I manage to boot them all with lose of some features.

All the modifications above and on other sites only change the size of my Internal Storage, I can't increase my Phone Storage, it is always 6MB (5.98MB), After install DiskInfo, it says that my SD card (sec_ro) is 6MB but in your video I saw after you flashed those two EBR(s), your Phone Storage also makes the change.

I use another scatterfile to flash two EBR(s) but nothing ever changes except the Internal Storage. Even if I flash with the original scatterfile, it is exactly the same
Please help me on this, I have been flashing this phone for almost 2 days and now I ended up here can't increasing the size of the Phone Storage. This phone has 8 gb of total storage, I hope I didn't confuse any of you. Thanks!

P.S. Could you please tell me why I always face bootloop after Wipe - Factory Reset from CWM? and the only way to fix the bootloop is reflash a rom

Last edited by a moderator:

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
Hi, I'm new to MTK devices, I have Xtouch Sky Pro which has MT6582 chipset. I couldn't backup the new device, cuz I wasn't into MTK modifications when I first get this, however I only got 1 EBR file in the backup folder, also in the scatter file I can only find EBR1, but not EBR2 is visible to choose, could you please tell me why? I lost original backup of the system, I can't get into the official firmware again, neither I can download it from the official site as the phone is still a fresh release or I dunno why. I have few Kitkat firmwares which were released for MT6582, and I manage to boot them all with lose of some features.

All the modifications above and on other sites only change the size of my Internal Storage, I can't increase my Phone Storage, it is always 6MB (5.98MB), After install DiskInfo, it says that my SD card (sec_ro) is 6MB but in your video I saw after you flashed those two EBR(s), your Phone Storage also makes the change.

I use another scatterfile to flash two EBR(s) but nothing ever changes except the Internal Storage. Even if I flash with the original scatterfile, it is exactly the same
Please help me on this, I have been flashing this phone for almost 2 days and now I ended up here can't increasing the size of the Phone Storage. This phone has 8 gb of total storage, I hope I didn't confuse any of you. Thanks!
hey there,

first thing you should really do is create a new mtk droid tools backup of your current device rom...this will show us if you have two EBR's or one,plus also you will need this backup file if you have changed rom to kitkat from jellybean...as you will have a different OS,(operating system),then you had with your old jellybean rom,so i will leave you some links to get this done once you have done this create a new thread in hardware and software support with this same title...as i have just read over at the original thread on XDA that the creator @ghost45 has just created a new tester version for devices with only one EBR and he needs people to test it for him...so this is good news for you...:emoticon-0137-clapping:

so please follow the links below to make a full mat droid tools v2.5.3 for your device

please watch this video link below the first 14 mins are what you need to backup your rom

and below in this link are any drivers and software that you need

https://www.china-devices.com/Thread-MTK-MEGAPACK-DOWNLOAD-All-Downloads-here

and here is a root method just in case you need to root your device before you make the backup

https://www.china-devices.com/Thread-How-to-root-your-android-smartphone-with-IROOT-6752-approved

Apr 20, 2015
hey there,

first thing you should really do is create a new mtk droid tools backup of your current device rom...this will show us if you have two EBR's or one,plus also you will need this backup file if you have changed rom to kitkat from jellybean...as you will have a different OS,(operating system),then you had with your old jellybean rom,so i will leave you some links to get this done once you have done this create a new thread in hardware and software support with this same title...as i have just read over at the original thread on XDA that the creator @ghost45 has just created a new tester version for devices with only one EBR and he needs people to test it for him...so this is good news for you...:emoticon-0137-clapping:

so please follow the links below to make a full mat droid tools v2.5.3 for your device

please watch this video link below the first 14 mins are what you need to backup your rom

and below in this link are any drivers and software that you need

https://www.china-devices.com/Thread-MTK-MEGAPACK-DOWNLOAD-All-Downloads-here

and here is a root method just in case you need to root your device before you make the backup

https://www.china-devices.com/Thread-How-to-root-your-android-smartphone-with-IROOT-6752-approved

Actually my phone has came up with Android Kitkat and that's why I downloaded the same android version which has been released for the MT6582, actually I know how to create a backup,the problem was I didn't know that before it's too late. However I don't think it would be useful anymore, cuz I have created a scatterfile with EBR2, so even if I backed it up, don't you think it will also backup the EBR2 which I created for it? If it is then anyone can think it has two EBR(s) Or you think it will only backup the files which are useful for it? Please correct me if I'm wrong, cuz I don't like to live with confusions. Actually I have root access and CWM installed as my recovery, the only problem I have is I can't get the official firmware to determine whether it only has one EBR or two. However my backup only has one, and its system is missing. I wish I had dig more into MTK devices before. I didn't even know what does really a scatterfile do, I only knew I need it to flash the firmware if anything goes wrong, so I have backed it up few weeks back but never knew I need to find individual firmware files as in Samsung, Sony, LG, etc.

raptor75

Apr 10, 2015
Hi I am new to MTK devices but I have been flashing mobiles for some time.

I recently bought the DEXP Ixion XL5, which is basically the THL 5000 without NFC and a different name.

I was very satisfied with this phone except the damn chinese "virus" that the internal storage is forgotten when you insert an sd card, wasting in this case 3/4 of its memory. I noted that it completely swaps the mountings between sdcard and extsdcard when you insert an SD card - I don't understand this logic, I prefer the Samsung way of keeping the internal memory as sdcard, and the actual SDcard as extsdcard.

Anyway I was adamant to resolve this issue before transferring over from my current mobile (Samsung Galaxy S2).

Since our phones are quite similar, I followed your steps to the letter, however when I came to flash the updated EBR files, the flash tool came back to me with the problem (PMT changed for the ROM; it must be downloaded). This is something which I could not resolve, so further research I found someone saying that I should do Firmware Upgrade or Format.

And THIS is where I made the mistake, I chose Format and bricked my phone. Luckily I did not panic as I had also read that bricking these phones permanently is very difficult, and I had made all backups (except NVRAM). I unbricked the phone using other resources on this website, also managed to write back my IMEI's (I had not backed them up, so maybe add to your steps to in the backup include and NVRAM backup just in case). Now if I have Wifi issues I also found online how to resolve them, though till now no issue.

In the end I manage to apply the re-partitioning. What I did was in the flashtool, keep "Download Only" but also include the Preloader (I should have done this in the first place before choosing any other options). There should be no danger here because the preloader is the one which you backed up from your own phone.

After multiple Phone Resets and also a CWM restore from the backup which was on the phone, I managed to load the phone with new partitions! Now Internal Storage is 12.8 Gb, and Phone Storage is 587Mb. I admit this is quite weird considering the total should be about 16Gb (or rather, 14Gb minus the usual reductions) but I guess this was one of the reasons the flash tool was giving me the PMT error. Please note I used the following:

4) New Editing Primary Partition to 13,19Gb (max possible on octa core) for KitKat O.S. (Mtk 6592 - 16-32gb).

Possibly I should have gone for the 10Gb instead, and would not have had any issues, but I guess it is done now! Any ideas?

After a week of testing I will transfer over into this phone with over 12Gb internal memory and my 32Gb SD card

I am posting here because DEXP phone resources in English are very rare, and this may be helpful to someone else.

So VIP - DON'T used Format in the Flashtool on the DEXP phone.

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
@raptor75...thank you for this info...am sure it will help someone resolve an issue that they may have with their devices...+1 rep points added....keep up the good work...:emoticon-0148-yes:.....:emoticon-0144-nod: