Phone Storage Repartition Walktrough

Paulo Santos

Dec 31, 2014
Hey Itx, I was trying to follow your tutorial, every little step (my phone is even the same as yours in the video, the THL 5000) and everything was going ok, but when it was time to flash, I did exactly what you did, I disconnected, pressed download, and then connect it in preloader, but when I do thta, this error box comes up...

Have you had this problem? D

Paulo Santos

Dec 31, 2014
Hey Itx, I was trying to follow your tutorial, every little step (my phone is even the same as yours in the video, the THL 5000) and everything was going ok, but when it was time to flash, I did exactly what you did, I disconnected, pressed download, and then connect it in preloader, but when I do thta, this error box comes up...

Have you had this problem? Do you have a fix for this?

Thanks

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
can you post a smaller screen shot please...it is too big and goes off the screen

Edwin

Dec 2, 2014
Paulo Santos I've had this error too a few times, but all I did was to reload the scatter file again.(just browse to the folder again and choose it)

Paulo Santos

Dec 31, 2014
Paulo Santos I've had this error too a few times, but all I did was to reload the scatter file again.(just browse to the folder again and choose it)
I will try it in a different PC tomorow, thanks

Edwin

Dec 2, 2014
Guys, I'm happy to report that I've upgraded my phone storage. I've used the EbrTweak app.

Thanks for all your help !

Paulo Santos

Dec 31, 2014
So I changed PC, it fixed my problem, but when I turn on my phone it says that I have to do a factory reset (and I can't use my phone, only press factory reset) but when I order it to do a factory reset it doesn't do anything...

So I'm now going to try to flash everything (except preloader) and I'll update this.

EDIT : So the same error happened when turning the phone on...I will now try a different EBr

Last edited by a moderator:

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
can you factory reset from recovery...?

Paulo Santos

Dec 31, 2014
can you factory reset from recovery...?
I don't know why but the problem was the ebr's...

The kitkat ebr for MTK6592 was not working and I am using the same phone he is in the video...

The THL 5000...so I used the ebr for MTK6592 (not the kitkat one) and it is now working, as I had the backup I fixed my phone and tried with this different ebr, everything is fine now

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
great so it is working...maybe you can test to see if you really have kitkat or not...try and download google camera from playstore it is for kitkat only...if it tells you that your device is incompatible...then you most probably have a modded jellybean 4.2.2

Nov 20, 2014
India, Bangalore
rahul do you have 2 partions ?
in my back up rom i have only ebr but the downloaded (modified) ebr file has 2 ebr's saying ebr1 and rbr 2 can i flash these to my phone are they possible   

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
in my back up rom i have only ebr but the downloaded (modified) ebr file has 2 ebr's saying ebr1 and rbr 2 can i flash these to my phone are they possible   
Rahul Bj,

am not sure as all the tutorials are for two EBR's not one...please wait for admin to clarify if this will work for you or not...thank you...

Paulo Santos

Dec 31, 2014
great so it is working...maybe you can test to see if you really have kitkat or not...try and download google camera from playstore it is for kitkat only...if it tells you that your device is incompatible...then you most probably have a modded jellybean 4.2.2
It was compatible, I have the same device he uses in the video

So I don't see what the problem was but everything is fixed now, so no further problems, everything is fine now, but without the Kitkat ebr xD

MTKDroidTools also said I had kitkat so I don't know why it was not working!

Hafiz Aurangzaib

Jan 31, 2015
I have enough free space in internal storage 3.8gb

sd card 27.7gb

and ext. sd card 10.4

but still got error task end with ERROR

Backup stored on PC with files.md5

zravo1

Feb 21, 2015
hi

please help me, my phone is blocking in start mode with the logo name of phone "Cubot".

i've complet the tutorial step by step everything is ok, with no problem, i"ve made it perfectly but when i've start the phone it still block in start mode and won't continue anymore. please help me. i've cubot s308 with android 4.4

thanks for help

Percymama

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Mar 19, 2014
Cornwall United Kingdom
Sounds like a "Bootloop" please see below

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-How-to-fix-a-Bootloop-Read-this-before-posting

zravo1

Feb 21, 2015
Sounds like a "Bootloop" please see below

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-How-to-fix-a-Bootloop-Read-this-before-posting
thank you for your reply. but i don't know which solution i have to choose.!!!

Percymama

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Mar 19, 2014
Cornwall United Kingdom
OK

The simple solution is to enter recovery -  Switch the device off -Press and hold VOL- and POWER (or VOL+ on some devices) keep them both pressed until you get into the recovery menu

Once in there you need to wipe user data and cache (look in advanced if you cant see those options in the main menu)

If you find you have a Chinese recovery then try and get CWM recovery onto the device as its a better solution

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-How-to-install-CWM-on-every-Chinaphone

Or

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-How-to-flash-CWM-to-a-bricked-Smartphone

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.