Phone Storage Repartition Walktrough

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
Hey guys,

many users have huge problems these days with repartitioning.

Now i made a little picture guide here for you.

Read this guide first :

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-How-to-Repartition-internal-Memory-and-get-a-bigger-primary-partition-for-APPS

Ok so m THL 5000 here had only 3GB / 16 as main partition
Now i decided that i want 1 maximum partition with 13,19 GB. So i used the modded EBR´s from the link above

New Editing Primary Partition to 13,19Gb (max possible on octa core) for KitKat O.S. (Mtk 6592 - 16-32gb).

http://www.4shared.com/zip/OdVk0FR1b...gb_kitkat.html
Ok so lets get started !

We need :

The phone

A PC

USB cable

MTK Droid Tools

SP-flashtools.

There are two methods , here we go with method 1 , which is safe but it will reset your device : You can get your data back by backing up user data and flashing it back. But i would still advise you to make an nandroid backup in CWM recovery !

1) Making a Backup.

Thats probably the most important thing. If you get bootloop or brick it, you can restore with your backup.

So grab your phone, make sure its rooted, and connect it to mtk droid tools to backup.

2) Preparing the backup for flashing

Now go to prepare blocks for flashtool in mtk droid tools.

browse for your backup folder and chose files.md5

it should create an flashable backup

Dont touch your phone until its done and you see finished + green cycle or tickmark.

Now in order to get your DATA and APPS back, you should restore USER DATA backup or from an CWM Nandroid backup

Method 2 : Faster but more risky.

Similar to method 1.

But here we just flash EBR1 and EBR2 untick all the rest in SP-flashtool

So please backup !!! Thats always the first thing you do before you even touch the phone !!!

Last edited by a moderator:

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
*edit* added Video tutorial

Kitsune Shan

Nov 26, 2014
My phone (Hisense U980) can't be detected by either SP Flash Tools or MTK Droid Tools.

It uses Mediatek MTK6589T. When I connect the phone as CD-ROM it shows the drivers files so I install them and the device manager recognizes the phone correctly but none of these tools does. Do you have any suggestion about what could I try please?

Thanks in advanced.

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
remove all drivers with USBdeview (delete entries like android , ADB..)

Then install PDAnet installer   http://pdanet.co/a/

enable usb debugging on the phone in developer options

Connect phone.

if not detected try to switch from USB storage to MTP

Kitsune Shan

Nov 26, 2014
remove all drivers with USBdeview (delete entries like android , ADB..)

Then install PDAnet installer   http://pdanet.co/a/

enable usb debugging on the phone in developer options

Connect phone.

if not detected try to switch from USB storage to MTP
Ok so I unnistalled all drivers and softwares for the phone. Then used USBdeview to delete all entries related with ADB, Android and H-U980.

Downloaded the latest PDAnet, installed, selected "others" on the drivers menu, then connected the phone when asked to and it installed driver, net drivers and the software.

I had already the phone with USB debug mode. When I connect to PC, its detected by PDAnet but not by the rest of softwares like SP Flash Tools, Flash Tools, MTK Droid, etc...

Am I missing something? Do you think there is any workaround for it? The phone its detected on the device manager but now, instead of Hisense U980, its detected as Android Phone > Abdroid ADB Interface.

I also changed from USB charging mode to MTP, PTP, CD-ROM and Storage. None of them makes it to be detected. They just work as usual opening as storage, camera, media device and such.

I would really like to do a partition on it, I have almost 5GB there doing nothing D:

Thanks for your help tho!

Edwin

Dec 2, 2014
Hey Steven, these are my phone specs :

Hardware: MT6582 (Qualcomm is Fake!)

Model: SM-G900F  Build number: KOT49H.G900FXXU1ANC9

Build date UTC: 20140915-095632    Android v: 4.4.2

Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V15, 2014/02/18

Kernel v : 3.4.5(dpi@SWDD5708)(gcc version 4.6x-google 20120106 (prerelease)(GCC)#1 SMP Mon Sep 15

CST 2014
Uboot v:              LDC Driver IC: 1r61318_hd720_dsi.

--->>> Connect to device <<<---

ATTENTION! Fake Hardware in kernel or firmware doesn't correspond to phone!

Question: Can I use the partition fix for this phone ? and If so, is is this one ok? (5) New Editing Primary Partition to 4 Gb for KitKat O.S. (Mtk 6582 16-32gb))

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
hi mate, your storage looks fake. never seen an 6582 clone with 32gb.

can you connect to pc and show how much pops up ?

Edwin

Dec 2, 2014
I connected it and it shows a total of 16GB (this is also what I ordered)

I also have a 16GB SD-card installed, so I don't know if the phone shows the total phone and sd-card storage.

I can't take the sd-card out now, to check, coz I've partitioned it and my launcher is on there.

Ok... I just moved the launcher back to phone storage and restarted without the SD-card... and the intern storage still shows 32GB..

So it's really fake like you said. 

Is it still possible for me to partition it ?

Thanks for your reply!

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
yes edwin of course it still is...but first i hope you have a full working mtk droid tools v2.5.3 backup of your stock rom...very important if anything goes wrong,below i will link you the software and the tutorial...get this done if you have not already...and then follow the tutorial in the OP for repartitioning your device

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-MTK-MEGAPACK-DOWNLOAD-All-Downloads-here

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-How-to-backup-your-ROM-with-MTK-droid-tools

Edwin

Dec 2, 2014
Hi Mr.Sim, I already have a backup. I made it since after I bought the phone. I have downloaded "Diskinfo" and on there it shows that the phone has 1GB of internal storage.

Anyway. Can I use the number 5 fix to upgrade to 4GB intern ?

PS: see diskinfo pic.

Thanks.

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
not sure what number 5 is...?

but just make sure that you have the correct android version as well as anything else that you need from the tutorial

Edwin

Dec 2, 2014
The MKdroid tools says android 4.4.2

But with the fake info I'm not really sure.

So if you say "give it a go", then I try it.

I thought to pick this one to have a 4GB of internal storage.

5) New Editing Primary Partition to 4 Gb for KitKat O.S. (Mtk 6582 16-32gb))

PS: I uploaded some screenshots.

Why my phone shows HTC instead of Samsung in the device Manager? (maybe a stupid question, so sorry about that)

Thanks !

Edwin

Dec 2, 2014
Sad Sad Sad !!!

I've just tried the EBR's fix, but it did not work for me.

Phones stays at boot logo.

I guess Steven was right ! I might have been scammed, coz the MKdroid tools does shows that I have fake hardware.

Is there another way to find out the real specs?

Have a blessed year guys !

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
Sad Sad Sad !!!

I've just tried the EBR's fix, but it did not work for me.

Phones stays at boot logo.

I guess Steven was right ! I might have been scammed, coz the MKdroid tools does shows that I have fake hardware.

Is there another way to find out the real specs?

Have a blessed year guys !
the fake hardware in phone...is just a message telling you that you do not have a qualcomm SoC...it is very clear in the message from mtk droid tools....i would suggest that you try the 4.2.2 EBR's as you most probably have a modded version of jellybean not kitkat 4.4.2

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
Hi edwin, try to enter recovery after flash and wipe , if it doesnt work make sure :

correct android version

+ correct ebr for real internal storage.

Try to go to settings - about the phone and then you tap several times on the android version , if a jelly bean comes up , its not kitkat.

you could also try to install google camera which only works for 4.4 to see if its fake or not

Edwin

Dec 2, 2014
I've checked and the android version shows KK4.4.2, but when I tried to install google cam, it can't even find it in the play store. via my PC it tells me it is not compatible with my device. So I went on trying what Mr.Sim said that it might be a jellybean 4.2.2.

I've tried from this site (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2455850) D-section #4.

I also tried from others who have the same MTK6582 chip, but with no luck.

There was also a post for editing the Ebr files, but they say it can only work if both Ebr are 512 KB in size. But only one of mine is that big (Ebr2), the other is just 1 KB (Ebr1).

Thanks for your help!

LastChapter7

Jan 3, 2015
I don't know why but it won't back up the system and user data because it can't detect the SD Card

Nov 20, 2014
India, Bangalore
when i back up i have only one ebr and not ebr1 and ebr2 and the internal memory of my phone is 4gb 

is it possible to Repartition 

Edwin

Dec 2, 2014
I don't know why but it won't back up the system and user data because it can't detect the SD Card
LastChapter7.. If you could give more info about your phone and what exactly you are doing, then it would be easy for others to assist you.

For now I can just suggest you to check if you have the phone drivers installed on your PC (if it's there you want to backup to)

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
rahul do you have 2 partions ?

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.