Partitioning android mt6572 with UBIFS File System

TazTaylor

Sep 17, 2018
Dar es Salaam
Hi, hey guys...

Hope y'all are doing great.
I have a problem. I got the mobile phone running android with mt6572 chipset. The phone has UBIFS file system (my worst nightmare).

Here problem comes, the phone has got 20mb on data partition and 7.8gb free space (can't even mount this). I install 2 apps and memory is full.

So i need to repartition the phone so that i csn have free internal space for music, videos, picture etc. and apps installation with no issues...

Is there any way i can achieve that? Please tell me how

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
Hi, hey guys...

Hope y'all are doing great.
I have a problem. I got the mobile phone running android with mt6572 chipset. The phone has UBIFS file system (my worst nightmare).

Here problem comes, the phone has got 20mb on data partition and 7.8gb free space (can't even mount this). I install 2 apps and memory is full.

So i need to repartition the phone so that i csn have free internal space for music, videos, picture etc. and apps installation with no issues...

Is there any way i can achieve that? Please tell me how

unfortunately i doub't that even that 7.8gb space is real and is most probably just a spoofed spec...same as the mtk6572 could also be mtk6571 the only way to tell for sure is to strip the device down and check the chip on the mainboard,also attempting to repartition a UBIFS device will in almost all circumstances brick the device beyond repair....best thying to do...sell it there are really zero options with ubifs type file system

TazTaylor

Sep 17, 2018
Dar es Salaam
unfortunately i doub't that even that 7.8gb space is real and is most probably just a spoofed spec...same as the mtk6572 could also be mtk6571 the only way to tell for sure is to strip the device down and check the chip on the mainboard,also attempting to repartition a UBIFS device will in almost all circumstances brick the device beyond repair....best thying to do...sell it there are really zero options with ubifs type file system
Oh is that so... Alright then. Thank you mate...