Partition resize .zip for 64bit mtk6753 & mtk6752 devices

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
hey people,i recently bought a Kingzone Z1 and upon arrival i found that kingzone in all of their glory had decided to implement a 4gb app partition limit on the device partitions...so internal storage was only 4gb and the rest of the memory given over to internal SD...well i decided to put the question out over at XDA and lo' and behold a week later and with much testing we have an aroma installer partition resize.zip available for the new 64bit SoC mtk devices...now if you are stuck on KK 4.4.4 without expecting an update from your manufacturer to LP...then this is a must have MOD for your device if for some strange reason the manufacturer decided to split your partitions...like i said it's almost 100% safe as i have tested this myself on mtk6752 and it works without problems...so head on overto the thread at XDA and have a read and if needed download and flash the resize.zip file...all install instructions and other things needed are listed in the OP over at XDA

BIG thanks go out to @AlexZap @HypoTurtle & @odigitech for creating and implementing this for everyone to use

http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/rooting-roms/guide-how-to-resize-data-internal-t3180978

Multisam

Jun 17, 2015
Finland
hey people,i recently bought a Kingzone Z1 and upon arrival i found that kingzone in all of their glory had decided to implement a 4gb app partition limit on the device partitions...so internal storage was only 4gb and the rest of the memory given over to internal SD...well i decided to put the question out over at XDA and lo' and behold a week later and with much testing we have an aroma installer partition resize.zip available for the new 64bit SoC mtk devices...now if you are stuck on KK 4.4.4 without expecting an update from your manufacturer to LP...then this is a must have MOD for your device if for some strange reason the manufacturer decided to split your partitions...like i said it's almost 100% safe as i have tested this myself on mtk6752 and it works without problems...so head on overto the thread at XDA and have a read and if needed download and flash the resize.zip file...all install instructions and other things needed are listed in the OP over at XDA

BIG thanks go out to @AlexZap @HypoTurtle & @odigitech for creating and implementing this for everyone to use

http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/rooting-roms/guide-how-to-resize-data-internal-t3180978
I also tested this with my Doogee F1 Turbo (MT6732). Also flashed to stock rom on my F1 and applied the ZIP to my phone and after that tryid to update the OTA update for my phone and even that went through without porblems and the phone partitions remained the same. Ofcourse, it might not be the case when Doogee releases the lollipop update. So make sure you have the stock rom before trying to upate if you have in any way modified your phone! Or else...

Last edited by a moderator:

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
from what i understand LP will not have this partition split and all partitions will be unified so it will no longer be needed...that's what @odigitech told me anyway...so you are saying it's working for that device...can i update the device list over at XDA then...!!!

Last edited by a moderator: