NEW GPS FIX TUTORIAL ! 9/14

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that there is an easier way to fix GPS on MTK based phones.. Because still alot people are using the old tutorial (which is still good, but takes longer
)

So what you need is just a rooted smartphone and some apps :

FasterGPS

MT GPS EPO APP : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chxdev.mtgps&hl=de

those apps can be found on the google playstore ! just download them !

Now first run faster GPS and set your current location , it will rewrite the GPS.config for your country.

now use MT GPS EPO APP and follow those steps :

- Make sure your phone is rooted

- Run MT GPS

- Download the EPO files

- Go to Location in Settings and enable everything

- Turn on your Wi-Fi

- Reboot

This should be sufficient to get GPS working on most of the devices with a MT chipset. However, if it still is not working after following the steps above, try this:

- Update EPO files as stated above and make sure Wi-Fi is turned on

- Go to Location in Settings and enable everything

- Download MobileUncle from the store

- Run MobileUncle

- Choose 'Engineer Mode'

- Choose 'Engineer Mode (MTK)'

- Go to the tab 'Location', and choose 'YGPS'

- Go to the tab 'Information', and choose 'hot', then 'full', then 'AGPS RESTART'

- Start the app requiring GPS!

If it still is not working, chances are you have a mobile phone with a faulty GPS chip. Some phones have poor antennae, which means you can't fix the GPS issues with an application. This application has been tested on a variety of phones with various MT chipsets, but we can't test all the phones available on the market. Thank you for your understanding.

It could be possible, due to bad root permissions , that the epo files are not downloaded. Then please follow this tutorial :

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-GPS-fix-for-all-MTK-phones?pid=30#pid30

here is also a video on the "old" GPS fix :

Last edited by a moderator:

dead soul

Sep 21, 2014
seems you know alot abt GPS , I have a Jiayu G3C Android 4.1.2 / 4.2.1 not sure as don't have phone here..but whenever I switch on data the phone switches on GPS even if I disable location services on settings....whenever I switch data the GPS is enabled forcefully...the phone came pre rooted..I bought it because it has 3000mAh battery very large for it so I could get better battery life but the whole system battery is drained because of this bug

Last edited by a moderator:

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
so it only happends with data and not wifi...very strange...when you pull down your notification bar switch to quick toggles is there an option there to switch off gps should be labeled location

dead soul

Sep 21, 2014
so it only happends with data and not wifi...very strange...when you pull down your notification bar switch to quick toggles is there an option there to switch off gps should be labeled location
yes that is correct only when DATA is switched on...and yes I have toggles and if I switch off GPS after a while it will automatically switch on automatically after some time. i managed to enter engineering mode and disable aGPS but the settings don't save after restart which means I'm still stuck