1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need you help to root phone

Discussion in 'Android Based Phones' started by tommyliuca, Nov 14, 2017.

Share This Page

Tags:
  1. tommyliuca

By:tommyliucaNov 14, 2017

Canada
    hi all, got China phone XGODY x200Pro from ebay. good phone though.
    tried to Root it but unlucky. need your help how to root it.
    Android 6.0
    chip; MT6737

thanks in advance.

2. mrsim

By:mrsimNov 14, 2017
    KingOfNoobs
    Staff Member

United Kingdom
    i will give you my honest opinion i would not root this device and would actually sell it as all i am reading are terrible reviews everywhere about it...if you are determined to keep it and root it youwill need to first find a working android 6 stock rom with which to recover it if it bricks...also you will need this rom to create a custom TWRP recovery as well which will then give you root if it works after flashing...the biggest problem i have found so far is that i cannot find a stock rom online anywhere which is why i would advise to not attempt to root it as there will be no way to recover the device if root fails and it bricks

3. tommyliuca

By:tommyliucaNov 14, 2017

Canada
    thanks MRSIM.

any advise how to disable apps without root? I tried "minimal ADB and fastboot" V1.4.2 when run to hide package name, it gave error:

Error: java.lang.SecurityException: Neither user 2000 nor current process has android.permission.MANAGE_USERS.

any idea or other tools recommend?

thanks again.

mrsim likes this.
  4. mrsim

By:mrsimNov 15, 2017
    KingOfNoobs
    Staff Member

United Kingdom
    unfortunately without root there is nothing you can do except to attempt to forcibly remove them via the system...but if they are system apps or have been intergratedinto the system UI then you will brick the device maybe, like i said your best bet is to sell it and upgrade