Need help with my ulephone be touch 2 (screenbug)...."SOLVED"

AdOS16

Sep 14, 2015
Hello everybody,I need your help, or rather review,I bought a Ulefone Be Touch 2 by Everbuying, I flashed this phone for root/custom recovery (By XDA Method), that's very well, except when I put the battery to start it...I'll drop video for you to watch and tell me what you think.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL_xEzbeGWgQuestion: is it fixable? Screen is dead? HardBrick? Thank's by advance

Last edited by a moderator:

Percymama

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Mar 19, 2014
Cornwall United Kingdom
Hi

Can you get into recovery at all?

It looks like the LCD Drivers are corrupted but cant see how?

Anyway, if you can get into recovery menu try and wipe user data and system cache (factory reset) that might fix things  :derisive:

Reactions: AdOS16

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
looks weird.. reflash completely with software from needrom.com , if still the same. maybe lcd cable broken ?

Reactions: AdOS16 and mrsim

AdOS16

Sep 14, 2015
I reflash, always the same screen...

I can not understand why, it's crazy!, I removed a while ago and everything seems to me correct. I don't know what to do now.

Reactions: mrsim

AdOS16

Sep 14, 2015
you believe that by changing the screen that solve the problem? even if it's a software problem?

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
i dont think its a software problem.

format and reflash. if still occurs , try to open the phone and check display connection. if still like this the display looks broken

Reactions: AdOS16 and mrsim

jschenard

Sep 25, 2015
This is a software bug.  You dont need to buy a screen ... I am awaing a new rom from Ulefone.  I had the same issue flashing

jschenard

Sep 25, 2015
Just after flashing their factory rom, I had the same issue.  Tje phone worked well a few minutes before flashing.  I am sure this  is not an hardware issue.

Also, I have access to the phone dialer almost instantanly ( doing a blind press ) The phone does not go to the Android first wizard.

jschenard

Sep 25, 2015
I sent an email to Ulefone.  I was speaking with a CS rep on facebook and he kindly ask to send an email to service@ulefone.com

I am waiting for a reply for them.  Here is the original email

À service

Good day Ulefone 

I need some help please from you guys for my Ulefone Be Touch 2

OTA was not working properly on the phone, so one of your nice CS representative on facebook gave me that link to reflash the phone : http://ulefone.com/download/betouch2.html

I have follow the instructions and the flashing process finished without errors on the computer.

However, the phone boot without a display, well there is a display but I see nothing on the screen and I cannot do anything on the phone right now because of that.

I can assure you that this is not a hardware issue because the phone was just working fine before the flash and the screen displays some light.

I think this is a software issue when I tried to flash the phone.  I have tried several time but with the same issue.

I do not want to send the phone back because I am sure I can fix it myself with your help.

Since I think this is a software issue it is possible to have the exact software you use to flash the phone ? Or having help from you to solve the problem ? If I have this kind of issue I am sure I won't be alone with that problem.

Again, you are doing a wonderful job and your products are top of the lines.

Thank you in advance for you help.

AdOS16

Sep 14, 2015
OK, thank's for helping me and over people on the same situation bro.

Waiting to reply

Thank's

AdOS16

Sep 14, 2015
Exactly the same screen. Trying to discharge and replug for charge, but nothing

(Sorry for my bad english) 

jschenard

Sep 25, 2015
Edit(2) : If you flash the boot-lk and recovery, no need to put a custom rom. Â I have wait a little and Android is booting up normally after 2 minutes with the Ulefone Stock Rom. Â But, you will still probably have lost your IMEI so you will need root. Â CrystalRom from needrom.com is already rooted.

OK. Â It seems that the IMEI was lost in the process and the baseband is unavaible. Â I Will need to check it out. Â At least the phone is revived but the phone is almost useless without network lol. Â I will keep you posted

Â

Hello friends.

Â

I have the solution right now. Â I have checked the files provided by Ulefone and the ROM is not for the Be Touch 2 ( maybe this is only a mistake shit happens lol )

The problem we have comes with the boot file. Â I have created a new boot file to flash in order to boot the phone correctly in the recovery mode. Â I have also created the lk file and included a custom TWRP recovery ( the TWRP recovery is not my work tho )

Â

So to revive your phone follows those instructions

1. Use SP Flash tool to flash your phone

2. Put a custom rom in your external SD card ( because the original rom wont boot up. Â I'll try something else later to see if I can boot the rom provided by Ulefone ) I have took the Crytal Rom from needrom.com

2. Use the same scatter file provided by UlfoneÂ

3. Replace Boot - lk and recovery by my files. ( Notice : My files are WIM files. Â Do not worry, this is working ) Â tro do this, double click on the location area and select the files

4. Keep all the other files intact

5. Happy flash your phone

6. Reboot the phone, you should see the Ulefone logo. Â The phone will stay at the Ulefone logo don't worry

7.Turn off the phone and go to the custom recovery ( Volume up + Power )

8. Wipe all the internal storage in the advanced wipe settings ( System, etc ) Do not touch the external storage lol

9.reboot on recovery again. Â You will have a notification saying you don't have an OS install. Â Please continue eith the reboot to recovery option

10. Flash your custom rom

11. Reboot

12. You have a brand new working phone.

Â

feel free to continue the post I will help if it is not working for anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

AdOS16

Sep 14, 2015
it is possible to rewrite the IMEI, view on XDA forum

Thank's for the solution, I try tonight and I'll let you know. (3.15 pm in France) 

c0rsa1r

Sep 25, 2015
WOWOWO my phone has resurrected like Jisus!

Thank you so much for the solution!  :clapping:

Did you say that the Stock Rom provided from Ulefone isn't the Rom for be touch 2??  What the hell...

Reactions: mrsim and jschenard