MTK droid tool Backup (UBIFS)

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
Hey guys,

just found something special in the mtkdroidtools.ini

you can find this file in the mtk droid tools folder and right click to edit it with notepad.

you should see :

[Main]
MadeByVersion = v2.5.3

MakeUbifsRecovery = No

; Make auto CWM on UBIFS device

;Yes - For Test Only !!!
It says, makeUBIFSRecovery = NO , you can change that to YES to get the possibility to create CWM for UBIFS (BETA!!!!! Testing only)

I cant confirm if it works, i got no UBIFS Clone here.

SO PLEASE BACKUP BEFORE YOU TRY THIS !!! MTK droid tools 2.5.3 should be able to backup UBIFS, but be careful and do 2-3 backups and compare files + size and make sure all important images are in the rom.

abber234

Oct 6, 2014
hi im interested on your find i have 5s clone ubifs and i cant boot to the recovery mode it well be nice if you tell i run ktk tool as admini but no luck

rafp2xa12

Oct 4, 2014
hi im interested on your find i have 5s clone ubifs and i cant boot to the recovery mode it well be nice if you tell i run ktk tool as admini but no luck
hi, there are many guides here where you can install CWM for your phone. i have also used them check this link http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-Magic-Create-Custom-CWM-Touch-UBIFS-approved

hope it helps. cheers!

exxel

Oct 6, 2014
Oryx 51 East
Hey guys,

just found something special in the mtkdroidtools.ini

you can find this file in the mtk droid tools folder and right click to edit it with notepad.

you should see :

It says, makeUBIFSRecovery = NO , you can change that to YES to get the possibility to create CWM for UBIFS (BETA!!!!! Testing only)

I cant confirm if it works, i got no UBIFS Clone here.

SO PLEASE BACKUP BEFORE YOU TRY THIS !!! MTK droid tools 2.5.3 should be able to backup UBIFS, but be careful and do 2-3 backups and compare files + size and make sure all important images are in the rom.

i got it work!!

here's the proof!!

@Itxtutor. thanks for the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 19, 2014
Argentina
Mrsim Hello my friend: D .. if I was yesterday looking like making a good and full backup my phone with UBIFS, after following this trick, I installed "CTRv2.4" perfect, then I made a backup, which is housed in micro SD .. gave no errors, so good. You believe that with the backup of CTR I can already be quiet?

miss gabriel can you upload the backuprom of yours that has no error ? i cant boot my android system because of my failed backed up before using mtkdroid tools :(

or the one you upload on your thread ? is that the backup with no error ? i need the system img . to make this phone fully alive :) thanks mam :P

Oct 3, 2015
Please do any one have the backup for s3 mini mt6571 it ubifs system too mine is totally  bricked an I got no backup I need it so desperately