MTK boot_logo / logo.bin Editor

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
Logo.bin / boot_logo contains the first images you see when you boot your phone. With this tool you can change it to everything you want to.

You just have to edit the picture

Therefore you need to have a copy of your logo.bin on your PC or otherwise accessible to the program. It can also process from boot_logo.

What to do:

1) Select "new project" and direct it to a logo.bin for your phone.

2) Edit the picture.

3) "Pack". The logo.bin files are created and zipped into an update.zip suitable to be flashed via CWM.

4) Copy the update.zip to SD.

5) Boot into recovery and update from SD, or flash logo.bin with SP Flash Tool.

6) Done :-)

Download :

http://ge.tt/17zsmjm/v/0?c

Credits to Damian Persons - Gizbeat !

Last edited by a moderator:

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
hey steven,

the file wont download from the link where do we sign in to get it...?

UPDATE...went to chinaphonearena and the thread explained that sometimes the site for the download is down..

still can't get the zip from that site 5/5/14 - 14:11pm...am really pissed want to get that little piece of kit.. :~(

UPDATE..20:45 and still no access to the link....any ideas steven

UPDATE...still no access to the zip file from the link and no way to log in either...?

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
For me it works right now ! Try a different browser

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
can't believe it was that simple...maybe i should scrap firefox i can't connect to skygo to watch my football either on that crappy browser

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
sorry steven how to find the logo.bin in my stored bacup on my p.c

my nandroid backup only shows a boot.img file not a .bin file

UPDATE...found it on my mtk droid tools backup...was looking in my CWM backup...i am such a noob....

crap....have never used brushes or anything like that on a p.c. before i cant seem to do anything with it...can anyone help...!!!

zzyzxroad

Apr 27, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Without needing any drawing skills you can look for pictures that are exactly the same size as the logo.

480x4854 is what you should be looking for.

as an example, I searched google for "sunset" and then refined the image search to 480x854 and came up with this

Click me

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
but see guys i want to add text to the image anyone know how i can do that..?

UPDATE : found out how to add text in windows paint...that's all good..

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
You can also take pictures and rescale them with irfan view or add text to it with gimp
Cool sunset zzyxroad D:

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
cool will look for them tomorrow when i get up...after i walk my dogs...and have a coffee...and smoke a cigarette...

croockshancks

Jul 22, 2014
Hi there i try this program and have an error,

I Select "new project" and direct it to a logo.bin for my phone that i found in thehttp://https://dr backup in mtkdroidtools

I chose the new folder project and i go to that folder and replace the image that boot when i turn on the phone and relace it with another one there it is in that folder (image atached).

After that i opened again logobuilder and clicked on open existing project chosing that project folder with that image replaced and i clicked in make. After that in that folder i have a update.zip file and i copy that to the SD card and install with the CWM. now that image does not boot the phone, it is something different i can not post it here, but it is not an image it is line some scratches in white.

what I did wrong?

Sorry by my english.

croockshancks

Jul 22, 2014
Thank you zzyzxroad.

But how do i update the logo.bin with SP Flash Tool?

opening the SP Flash Tool only has to find the scatter file to upload the things

Do i have to copy the logo.bin file and replace it in my backup folder and then in SPFlashTool opening the scater file and just check the logo???

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
open scatter, just chose bootlogo, untick everything elese.

click at path, point to new path.

flash

Darkz

Dec 4, 2014
thank you very utility in my Blu Dash 5.5

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.