1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mt6580 rom for goophone i7 plus

Discussion in 'Hardware & Software Support.' started by tener, Dec 5, 2017.

Share This Page

1. tener

By:tenerDec 5, 2017

Estonia
    So hey guys, i recently bought a goophone i7 plus from dhgate.com from bob-seller You must be registered to see links - Please Register or Login! , site shows different mt65xx but the actual one is MT6580. The phone was kinda slow and i wanted to upgrade the rom. I formated the original rom but i didnt backupi it. So now i have found rom for that but after the flash, the screen has vertical colored lines, but its boot up, i can open camera, use flashlight etc. but i cant see anything. Now all i need is the original rom for that phone. So does anyone have it? Or atlast have the same phone and can do a backup of the rom and can send it to me? I really need that rom

mrsim likes this.
  2. mrsim

By:mrsimDec 6, 2017
    KingOfNoobs
    Staff Member

United Kingdom
    you need to look for the UBOOT or LK.BIN files from other mtk6580 romswith the same screen res as your device these contain the display drivers needed to get the display working
    also you can try booting into recovery and wipe data factory reset

UBOOT (LK.BIN) U-Boot is an universal boot loader for embedded systems, targeting different platforms including ARM. Uboot and BootIMG are important files on your phone. If your device is not booting or your display is not working ( black or stripes ) , you should reflash and check those files.

3. tener

By:tenerDec 6, 2017

Estonia
    but how m gonna know if the lk.bin has the same resolution as my phone?

mrsim likes this.
  4. tener

By:tenerDec 6, 2017

Estonia
    i have searched in needrom.com for mt6580 goophone i7 plus but non of them work. can you provide somekind a link where i can download uboots or boot.img? and does the uboot and boot.img have to be from the same rom file, or i can just get uboot file from another rom and leave the boot.img old one? because like the phone boots up so it should not be problem with boot.img right? only the disply is showing weird colored lines so the problem should be in the uboot (lk.bin)? sorry for bad english, hope you understand :D

mrsim likes this.
  5. mrsim

By:mrsimDec 7, 2017
    KingOfNoobs
    Staff Member

United Kingdom
    ok as i explained you only need the 'uboot' or 'lk.bin' file these files contain the display driver which makes the screen work or not...now as for screen res just research the device whos rom you are thinking about using and see which screen res it has...in your case i would guess at 720p or 1080p but it will more likely be 720p as this is a clone and the people who make clones like to use the cheap crappy hardware components because this costs them less to make so they make more money from the sale....if you are unsure about your devices screen res either contact the seller or research youtube reviews and forum blogs it is a little time consuming but if you are determined to put the time in it should pay off
    now because most chinese phones and clone phones are very generic you can actually try and use any 'uboot' or 'lk.bin' file from any rom on this device the chinese remember do not care about copyright so most of them with these clones and smaller device producers use the same software and hardware don't be afraid to experiment as it is only a clone after all

remember download the rom...add the scatter file to sp flash tools untick everything except the 'uboot' or 'lk.bin' file and then flash

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  6. tener

By:tenerDec 9, 2017 at 5:56 PM

Estonia
    i found samsung galaxy on7 clone firmware and i took the lk.bin file from it, then flashed, display showed up but looping on the boot screen, then flashed the boot.img file aswell, the phone boots up but the home button, camera etc. dos not work, also some texts are bigger than usual

mrsim likes this.
  7. mrsim

By:mrsimDec 9, 2017 at 8:53 PM
    KingOfNoobs
    Staff Member

United Kingdom
    ok there was no need to flash the boot.img.....this should really be avoided at all costs if your device is actually booting then there is nothing wrong with the original boot.img,(i do not know why you are determined to flash a boot.img but it really is not necessary), now after you managed to flash the lk.bin file the best thing to do if you have issues would be to then boot into recovery and wipe data factory reset as this will clear cache and dalvik cache and clear up most issues i would suggest reflashing your original boot.img and then attempt a recovery reset...if you still have issues try another uboot or lk.bin file from another rom until one works ok...just do not flash another boot.img the original one is fine

8. tener

By:tenerDec 9, 2017 at 8:57 PM

Estonia
    okei, i will try wipe dta and etc., but if i flash only the lk.bin file, the the phone loops at the booting screen and does nothng, and then when i flash the boot.img the phone boots, but home button does not work and etc.

mrsim likes this.
  9. mrsim

By:mrsimDec 9, 2017 at 9:16 PM
    KingOfNoobs
    Staff Member

United Kingdom
    like i said previously...if you ever encounter a boot loop after flashing anything always first try a factory reset from recovery...this usually fixes things

10. tener

By:tenerDec 9, 2017 at 9:18 PM

Estonia
    i cant get to the recovery menu, i hold the power and volume up, then some kind a menu pops up, then i select recovery mode, then phone restarts and does the loop thing again

mrsim likes this.
  11. mrsim

By:mrsimDec 9, 2017 at 10:15 PM
    KingOfNoobs
    Staff Member

United Kingdom
    so you get a three option screen to boot to recovery/bootloader/or reboot ok i would suggest reflashing the whole stock rom,then flash the lk.bin file then attempt to boot directly into recovery do not boot the device into anything else...if this does not work then i do not know what you have done to cause this to happen and you will haved to look for alternative ways to boot into recovery mode online