Magic Create Custom CWM Touch ! UBIFS approved !

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
Hey Guys, here is alternative way on how to install CWM on almost every mtk based china phone

brought to you by Gizbeat ! Check it out here : Gizbeat!

This shows you how to make a custom recovery / CWM for MT6575, MT6515, MT6577, MT6517, MT6589, MT6582, MT6588, MT6592, *MT6572

The CWM we'll show you how to create will be full touch and version 6.0.4.4.

The software will create CWM, install CWM on your phone, and store a copy on your PC as well to share with others.

Make sure you have access to a stock recovery and/or full backup for your model phone before attempting this.

What you'll need:

What to do:

• Install ADB drivers
  • Run the CWM Magic
  • Follow the instructions on screen
  • At points during the process, you'll see SuperSU pop-ups asking for permission. Grant it
  • The entire process takes several minutes, wait for it to finish.
  • It will then boot you into your new recovery.

Full credit for this tool goes to Yuweng who created the auto tool, and Carliv who created the recovery that made it so easy to port to new devices, Napster who shared his touch source with Carliv, and of course the original creator of CWM - Kouch. It took many hours of hard work to get us to where we are today.

DISCLAIMER: While this tool has had excellent success, we take ZERO responsibility for any damage or bricking you may cause by messing with your phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kico.MMK

Dec 11, 2014
This shows you how to make a custom recovery / CWM for MT6575, MT6515, MT6577, MT6517, MT6589, MT6582, MT6588, MT6592, *MT6572
Great , i will try it right away , there is * next to mt5672 so is there any thing different about it?or is it because some mt6572 has UBIFS?

Kico.MMK

Dec 11, 2014
Ok now i have tried it , it's super easy every one should try it if they don't have touch recovery

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
touch recovery is awesome i hate using CWM...only TWRP for me...

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
tried this :

step 1:install a android terminal emulator

step 2:typ in de terminal su and press enter

step 3:typ barcode -w2 your serial number and press enter

Between barcode and - is a space and between w2 and your serial number also

like this : barcode -w2 1234hg4567890753

step 4:typ reboot

Kico.MMK

Dec 11, 2014
touch recovery is awesome i hate using CWM...only TWRP for me...
I have not tried TWRP , but i think cwm based recovery are more stable and has no bugs , i read the thread you posted about Easy Magic TWRP Installer tool , it won't work on mt6572 right? so i have to stick with cwmÂ

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
Error Detected . Cannot unpack recovery.img . PLEASEÂ
this image is not a .zip file it does not need to be extracted...it's a full recovery.img that you just flash on it's own

blueste69

Feb 11, 2016
Hi everybody. Is there any way to make this work for my s900f MTK67852?

It is a fake s5  (mkt droid tool says that qualcomm processor is a fake) and i was able to modify the boot.img and many other thing such as installing the standard CWM.

When i try this automatic tool (and also another one for TWRP) i have a message saying that the tool works only for mediatek devices. I believe the problem is that somewhere in the firmware is written "qualcomm" (fake) and the program believe it is not a mkt 6582

Any ideas?

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
this has nothing to do with the fake message...but you mentioned that you have already made CWM for your device no...?

QUOTE: "It is a fake s5  (mkt droid tool says that qualcomm processor is a fake) and i was able to modify the boot.img and many other thing such as installing the standard CWM. "

so why would you need to use this method...if this device is really mtk6582 then just follow the tutorial below

blueste69

Feb 11, 2016
Hi Thank you for your reply

I have the standard CWM which i have installed with the tutorial you mentioned (and by the way the screen is upside down) and i would like to install the touch version

There are two magic installers (one for the touch CWM and the other one for TWRP) and in both of them i receive the same message: it is only valid for mediatek devices

Hope now is more clear

Thank you

b

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK

I have the standard CWM which i have installed with the tutorial you mentioned (and by the way the screen is upside down) and i would like to install the touch version

There are two magic installers (one for the touch CWM and the other one for TWRP) and in both of them i receive the same message: it is only valid for mediatek devices

Hope now is more clear

Thank you

b
ok the touch versions are either TWRP or Phils touch recovery...we have another TWRP install tutorial here in the forum in the tutorials section...but this will only work for you if your recovery partition is big enough...so make sure you have a working backup of your recovery...as for the upside down CWM...sometimes it just happends with certain devices...so long as it still works eh... :laugh2:

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK

Hope now is more clear

Thank you

b
ok the touch versions are either TWRP or Phils touch recovery...we have another TWRP install tutorial here in the forum in the tutorials section...but this will only work for you if your recovery partition is big enough...so make sure you have a working backup of your recovery...as for the upside down CWM...sometimes it just happends with certain devices...so long as it still works eh... :laugh2:

Hope now is more clear

Thank you

b