1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lenovo A328 not working after flashing stock rom

Discussion in 'Hardware & Software Support.' started by peekeith, Nov 13, 2017.

Share This Page

1. peekeith

By:peekeithNov 13, 2017

Philippines
    hello everyone!

so here's the problem... i have a lenovo a328 phone that was given to me, that keeps on looping at the lenovo logo at boot (not the animated logo) when plugged into a computer or charger. so i assumed it was a bootloop, so i decided to flash it with its stock rom. here's the steps that i did:

take note that i installed the usb driver for mtk devices, have the latest sp flash tool (5.1708), and a Lenovo_A328_S329_MT6582_20150708 firmware

1. on sp flash tool, i unticked everything in the list on the download tab except the preloader, then clicked download, remove the battery from the phone, then plugged the usb cable, loading starts and it was successful.

2. then i remove the cable from the phone.

3. on the flash tool again, this time i ticked/selected everything except the preloader and proceed to download it, connect my device again, loads up and it was successful.

so now, after that, i thought that was it. so when i pressed the power button, all of sudden, the phone's not working. before it vibrates, but now it all dead, just nothing. i tried same firmware from other sites but no luck at all.

so does anyone here know about my problem? i don't know now where to start. and im crossing my fingers that its not a hardware problem. and oh yes.. i am sure the battery is working fine and its not drained coz i have an external/portable charger for the battery. maybe someone here has a working firmware or any file that i need to bring the device back to life. thanks in advance and also, sorry if there is already a thread for this problem, just kindly redirect me. again, thanks guys in advance for the help. cheers!

mrsim likes this.
  2. mrsim

By:mrsimNov 14, 2017
    KingOfNoobs
    Staff Member

United Kingdom
    the first thing that comes to my mind is that you flashed the preloader file...NEVER EVER FLASH A PRELOADER FILE as a wrong preloader can brick the device for ever
    now are you 100% sure that this device is not a clone but a real lenovo...use You must be registered to see links - Please Register or Login! and check using your IMEI numbers which should be listed behind the battery in the back of the phone
    once you have checked to see if the device is real or a clone you are pretty much left with one option...find the correct rom and flash it...in your case i would guess you have been flashing all the different preloader files from all the other roms you have also tried...find the correct stock rom and in your case flash the preloader you have little choice now...also double check that it isnt just a dead battery try charging the battery first...multiple flashing of a device drains the battery very quickly...charge it see if it boots up if not to help fix any bugs boot directly into recovery and wipe data factory reset to see if this will also help it to boot

3. peekeith

By:peekeithNov 14, 2017

Philippines
    hello sir. just checked the thread you've given and yes, the phone is not a clone. anyway... is MediaTek MT6582M different from MT6582 without the M at the end? 'cause all i see in the search queries are lenovo a328 mt6582, no "m" at the end. do you think this is one of the reason im failing on flashing?

mrsim likes this.
  4. mrsim

By:mrsimNov 14, 2017
    KingOfNoobs
    Staff Member

United Kingdom
    no not at all it's just someone somwwherebeing technical you should not really have a problem flashing a mtk6582 SoC they are one of the easiest old skool mediatek processors to flash...also it must be an old device to have this SoC installed have you not considered to upgrade as that is a very old processor