Jiayu S3 - low microphone issue

Elian_BHZ

Jan 30, 2014
Hello guys today i recieved a Jiayu s3 3gb version. Great phone.

The only problem that i have is that the microphone un calls is terribly low. I have to scream to have a conversation. How can i turn up the microphone volumen?

Greetings

proevskinikola

IronLionZion
Dec 25, 2014
Macedonia
heyo mate,

i have the same phone and i can see whats troubling you... i have the same problem, i think this can be "fix" with editing the phone in the engineering mode in the phone.

you can enter this mode by typing some code in the dialer but the easiest way would be to download jiayu.es from the playstore and after that do the following :

- enter the app

- go to Tools ROMs

- then chooose Tools

- and here go to Application Engineer Mode

Once you are in the EngineerMode slide to the right and choose Hardware Testing

Here chooose :

Audio

Normal Mode and here chooose under "Type" Mic

Now here are the values that determines how low or high the mic/speaker/ will react... you will need to edit the Levels from Level 0 to Level 6.

I reccomend that you note down your regular values of the Levels just in case the setup dont work you can retype the original values back.

Try with this setup and see if it will works for you :

Level 0-255

Level 1 to 235

Level 2 to 215

Level 3 to 205

Level 4-195

Level 5 to 185

Level 6-175

After all the changes restart the device and see how it goes... I hope this fix your problem with the Mic!

I just test this setup on my Jiayu and seems to work just find!

Cheers!

Elian_BHZ

Jan 30, 2014
Great i will test this solution and i tell how it works. 

Thanks in advanced

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
great work niko...+1 rep points added for extreem nerdyness...:emoticon-0182-poolparty:

Elian_BHZ

Jan 30, 2014
Thanks fella. Now the device works great. 

Im really amazed with this cell phone. The Jiayu S3 3GB version with NFC is a great phone!

proevskinikola

IronLionZion
Dec 25, 2014
Macedonia
Im glad that worked for you mate!
Its a really great device indeed (faster than my PC) btw what is the score on antutu you get on your device?

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
WTF...get ya asses over to this thread and join the challenge

https://www.china-devices.com/Thread-NEW-64bit-china-phone-antutu-v5-7-battle

Hello guys today i recieved a Jiayu s3 3gb version. Great phone.

The only problem that i have is that the microphone un calls is terribly low. I have to scream to have a conversation. How can i turn up the microphone volumen?

Greetings
​

hi i have the s3 the solution didnt work for me thanks

solemgar

Nov 3, 2015
After flashing the zip I cannot change the MTK engineer mode values form Audio anymore, they get reset everytime.

Reactions: mrsim

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
yes there is most probably a script in there that makes this reset at every boot and stay this way...did you try the latest build niko posted or even update to lollipop

proevskinikola

IronLionZion
Dec 25, 2014
Macedonia

proevskinikola

IronLionZion
Dec 25, 2014
Macedonia
heyo!

update on the ROM ... im using http://www.needrom.com/download/rom-xtreme-rom-tf/ this rom atm and its running great ! no issues with the mic or anything so far... the front camera can be better but i dont mind since i dont use it alot but anyway... 47k on Antutu and the xposed is working like a charm!

Try this rom and see if it suits you.

Cheers!

heyo!

update on the ROM ... im using http://www.needrom.com/download/rom-xtreme-rom-tf/ this rom atm and its running great ! no issues with the mic or anything so far... the front camera can be better but i dont mind since i dont use it alot but anyway... 47k on Antutu and the xposed is working like a charm!

Try this rom and see if it suits you.

Cheers!

solemgar

Nov 3, 2015
Sorry for the double posts. I am using the TF rom, 5.3 latest. My issue is after flashing the audio optimizer (since i did not do a nandroid backup beforehand :( ) now after I edit an audio value under the engineer mode, after pressing set , going to the previous menu, and looking at the value again it restart to the original one, not even after a reboot. Now i do not know how to undo the change :(

PS: Sorry about the double posts.

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
Sorry for the double posts. I am using the TF rom, 5.3 latest. My issue is after flashing the audio optimizer (since i did not do a nandroid backup beforehand :( ) now after I edit an audio value under the engineer mode, after pressing set , going to the previous menu, and looking at the value again it restart to the original one, not even after a reboot. Now i do not know how to undo the change :(

PS: Sorry about the double posts.
try booting into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache...if that still does not fix it...contact the developer over at needrom..or read the user comments to see if there is a solution...last resort...factory reset