1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iphone 5S ROM

Discussion in 'ROM Requests' started by CRISOT, Nov 30, 2017.

Share This Page

1. CRISOT

By:CRISOTNov 30, 2017

Reserved
    ROM for Iphone 5S a china phone with Freeme OS 3.0/kitkat 4.4.2 with MTK 6592 chip on recovery

mrsim likes this.
  2. mrsim

By:mrsimNov 30, 2017
    KingOfNoobs
    Staff Member

United Kingdom
    are you sure that this device has mtk6592 it is very very rare for a clone to have such a good chipset...how did you come by this info...? and have you ever bothered to strip the device down to check which SoC is on the mainboard...?

3. CRISOT

By:CRISOTDec 1, 2017

Reserved

4. CRISOT

Reserved
    where can i see those data you need to know?

mrsim likes this.
  5. CRISOT

Reserved
    what is SoC? where can i find these data?

mrsim likes this.
  6. CRISOT

Reserved
    on recovery mode it says that chip is MTK6592

mrsim likes this.
  7. mrsim

By:mrsimDec 1, 2017
    KingOfNoobs
    Staff Member

United Kingdom
    ok SoC is 'System on Chip' sorry for getting technical....ok in order to 100% check that you have the correct chip inside the device you will have to strip it down,(take it apart), and check the mainboard
    the reason i say this is because it is a clone and cloned phones are well known for showing fake specs...the only other way you can check using software is to try and connect it to 'mtk droid tools v2.5.3' a program made for mtk based phones, the device will also need to have 'usb debugging' enabled as this program needs to connect via ADB,(Android Debug Bridge), for mtk droid tools to see the device and read it's specs...the only way to do this is via the settings...but i guess you are not able to access the settings to enable 'usb debugging' so you will have to strip it down to check

mtk droid tools.png mtk.jpg

8. CRISOT

By:CRISOTDec 4, 2017

Reserved
    I would like to thank you for giving your time to my problem and trying to find solution to the problem! Really appreciate your concern and thank you very much! hoping that we could come into the solution! Thank you very much!

mrsim likes this.
  9. CRISOT

By:CRISOTDec 5, 2017

Reserved
    Good day MRSIM, I tried to strip the main board but it is covered with soldered metal shield and i don't have a hot air machine to open it up, is there no other way to know more about this?

mrsim likes this.
  10. mrsim

By:mrsimDec 5, 2017
    KingOfNoobs
    Staff Member

United Kingdom
    unfortunately no...this is the only 100% way to check and make sure that the correct chip is installed on the device apart from mtk droid tools v2.5.3...you cannot access this program because you cannot access usb debugging in the devices settings so this is your only option do you have anything you can use to pry away the heat shield or cut it

11. CRISOT

By:CRISOTDec 6, 2017

Reserved
    ok then i'll try again and will let you know the system chip. Thanks for the info!

mrsim likes this.
  12. CRISOT

By:CRISOTDec 7, 2017

Reserved
    Good day MRSIM, it has a MT6323GA and i hope that this could help a lot to find a proper ROM for my iphone model 5S phone and again it has a freeme OS 3.0/Android 4.4.2 build no M5T.GX12.MT.Q.F5T3KP.128.V3.02 now with system error code F01A01R01 SW.VERs. ALPS.KK1.MP7.V1

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2017
    mrsim likes this.
  13. mrsim

By:mrsimDec 7, 2017
    KingOfNoobs
    Staff Member

United Kingdom
    unfortunately this chip you have mentioned,(You must be registered to see links - Please Register or Login!) is the power management chip not the CPU keep checking and check both sides of the mainboard...can you post screen shots please...thank you

p.s. i have also edited your last post and removed your IMEI numbers please do not post these online as they can be used and added to other devices which will make yours stop working

14. CRISOT

By:CRISOTDec 8, 2017 at 7:36 AM

Reserved
    Good day MRSIM, I have come across a video on youtube titled " How to flash the ROM of MTKS5 phone and All MTK mobile" with given link of ROM, Usb com port driver and sp flash tool, could you possibly check it out if i can use it for my phone in trouble. Thanks again MRSIM and i will try to check again for the right number of cpu or mtk.

mrsim likes this.
  15. mrsim

By:mrsimDec 8, 2017 at 10:51 AM
    KingOfNoobs
    Staff Member

United Kingdom
    it would require that you posted a link to this site first...LOL...:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

16. CRISOT

By:CRISOTDec 9, 2017 at 8:40 AM

Reserved
    Good day MRSIM you just go to youtube and search for the the title that i have given and you will come to that article. By the way the CPU number is MT6571A

mrsim likes this.
  17. mrsim

By:mrsimDec 9, 2017 at 4:28 PM
    KingOfNoobs
    Staff Member

United Kingdom
    ok you have mentioned that the cpu is mtk6571....this is bad...really bad these cpu's caused people so many problems in the past here in the forum the worst thing is that they are UBIFS type file system this is an older system first adopted when android was first created and is not used anymore since android adopted the EXT4 file system,what this basically means is that you are better off throwing this clone away and upgrading your device to something better as no doubt you will waste months of your life attempting to find a stock rom and then many more months getting it to actually flash onto the device without issues...and ALL of the clones we had here in 2016 had issues flashing onto mtk6571 chipset
    my advice to you throw it away and never purchase another cloned device again as you really do not know what type of hardware will be inside a clone...clone phones are basically made to scam people most people in china who purchase a clone do so because they cannot afford the real thing and they also expect the device to not last long which they are designed for and why they are so cheap,(you will only pay a third of the price for a clone in china in comparisson to what a foreigner will pay for it online) simply to work long enough for the buyer to see it working then it will have issues the buyer will attempt to reboot or reset the device and BLAM it will stop woking...in a very few cases the device will work fine for a few months but pretty much all of them will brick in a matter of months