If you're tired of SLOW Android you MUST READ this.

ripadram

May 14, 2014
MEXICO
So I've been battling with the famous "redraw" problem on Android OS. Maybe I'm a little impatient but I hate having to wait 5 secs for my home screen to redraw every time I get out of a "heavy" app. I thought It was a TouchWiz problem but it turns out it's Android's bad coding. I've been modding the phone and trying a lot of stuff and it seems I might be getting there. I know I'm not alone with this problem and I promise that as soon as I find out a REAL solution to the problem I will post it here.

So far I've installed mods and none of them have worked.

I'm modding the build.prop file via Terminal ADB and it seems to be working, I will continue to post more about this when I find a working solution.

I've read that the phone needs to LOCK the Home App to it's memory so it doesn't redraw, but I haven't been able to do this just yet.

If you're also suffering from slow redraw post below your experience so we can all work together towards improving the OS performance.

Cheers! :angel:

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
great work ripadram,

can't wait to see if you get this problem sorted out,to be honest i have not even bothered to check if mine is slow in doing this,but if it is i will be keeping a close eye on your good work...thank you...

ripadram

May 14, 2014
MEXICO
Hey, it's me again. I've been trying a lot of mods on the phone. Which lead to a really unstable phone, bootloops, and almost every problem in the book, but hey that's the price you have to pay for playing around with Android and I gotta say I love every little bit of it, I enjoy every bit of stress of ending up with a boot loop, to messing around the build.prop file and then messing up the system
It's great.

After a LOT of messing around and a lot of boot loops, I finally got the result I was looking for, and I'm gonna explain everything I did to the phone.

For the SpeedBoost you'll need :

- Xposed Framework

- BusyBox

- Init.d support

- App Settings (from Xposed Framework)

- Greenify (Play Store + Xposed Module)

- Seeder 2.0

- Init.d Toggler (if you don't have Init.d support)

and that's it!

WARNING: I can not be held responsible for anything that happens to your phone, remember to do a full ROM backup before messing around with ANYTHING. You can do a complete ROM backup with MTK Droid Tools or with ROM Manager (provided you have installed a CWM Recovery on your device)*

*there's a thread in here explaning how to install a CWM Recovery on your device*

Okay let's begin:

First things first

I guess this doesn't have to be stated but you NEED to have a ROOTED phone, if it's not rooted then you're not gonna be able to do any of the steps.

2. INSTALLING XPOSED FRAMEWORK

DOWNLOAD THE APK: http://dl.xposed.info/latest.apk

For the framework:

Download the Xposed Installer APK and install it

Launch the Xposed Installer, go to the "Framework" section and click on "Install/Update"

In case you get a Segmentation Fault error, please install this additional app (not needed if the installation worked fine).

Reboot

Done!

3. INSTALL APP SETTINGS MODULE FOR XPOSED FRAMEWORK

Inside the Xposed App, go the the Downloads section and look for App Settings.

Download the latest version

Go to the Modules section and activate the App Settings Module

Reboot

4. GREENIFY

Go to the Google Play Store and look for the GREENIFY APP.

Download and Install

Go to the Xposed App again, go to the modules section and activate the Greenify Module.

Reboot

5. Init.d Toggler + BusyBox

Go to the Google Play Store and look for BusyBox

Download and Install

Open the BusyBox App

And Select Install

Reboot

Go to the Google Play Store and look for Init.d Toggler App

Download and Install

Open App

Push "Enable Init.d"

Reboot

7. Seeder 2.0

Go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1666675&d=1358857894

Download and Install

Don't do anything with the app yet.

8. CONGRATULATIONS you've got everything you need install but nothing is running, I know it was a long way to install everything but it WILL be worth it.

9. ACTIVATING EVERYTHING.

1. Decide what your main launcher will be

2. Go to App Settings and look for your launcher

3. Select it and "turn on" settings for the app

4. Look for the option "Resident" , check it and click save.

5. The launcher will redraw

6. Go to the Greenify app and select all apps you don't use regularly and put them on hibernation mode (follow on screen instructions) You should go back to "Greenify" apps every once in a while so they don't chew up on your RAM.

7. Go to the Seeder App

8. Turn the script on

9. Check all boxes and select the Aggressive performance profile.

10. Go to your App Manager and look for any other launcher running, and stop them.

11. YOU ARE DONE!

Congrats! You've got everything up and running and your device should feel a lot smoother + faster.

It took me a while to find this "mod" but it's really worth it.

If you found this usefull please hit the thanks button!

Please post your experience and enjoy your brand new Speedy Android.

R.P.

*I'd stay away from any CPU Overclocking app because it will make your CPU unstable + with this config you won't need any overcloking.

CHEERS!

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
Wow what an amazing guide ! I´ll take a look at it tomorrow because it´s already late now.

but just to the last sentence, overclocking is not possible due to the lack of custom kernels.

But you can use set cpu , or nothrillscpu to set your cpu to max and shut off downscaling. But needs alot of battery

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
another great guide on a fantastic forum...keep it up guys...just wanted to ask have you monitored your battery...is there any detrimental effect to it..please update and let us all know if this one is a battery killer..thank you

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

rjl101

Apr 26, 2014
i have something to add, check out performance profile in xposed. its a very good app that you can set priorities in every app in foreground and background and at the same time set the cpu speed and governor per app basis

MikeNote3

Jul 3, 2014
Thanks, just done this will see how i get on

Blandroid

Forum Bimbo
Apr 18, 2014
London
I haven't tried it yet but I've repped you up cos that's one helluva lot of work you did and it's really cool of you to share it with everyone :cool:

Well-done you!
:heart:

thagud

Jun 14, 2014
duuuuude I just followed your guide amazing stuff my alps gti9500 feels so much better performance I mean . will update you on the progress made its been five mins since install of your "mod" but I am happy .thanks a lot brother keep up the good work

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
sticked thread now :-) thanks again ripadram !

hole-in-sock

Apr 29, 2016
would like to try this but where it says

" Go to the Google Play Store and look for BusyBox

Download and Install"

Which version,there are versions by Stephen Stericson, version by meerflik and BusyBox for android by Jrummy

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
stericsons

hole-in-sock

Apr 29, 2016
Thanks I sort of guessed it would be that one but thought I had better make sure.

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.