How To Unbrick Every China Phone ! SP Flashtool Error Fix Tutorial

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
Here is the video tutorial on how to unbrick every mtk based chinaphone

You need this after you have flashed a wrong preloader and your phone shows up as "MTK USB VCOM PORT".

Here is also a good article on XDA:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1943442

I´m using a HDC Galaxy S5 in this video. A review can be found on my channel

What you need :

Unbricking Package:

https://mega.co.nz/#!kpIkxJDb!ZxRL_Ab_kPL1EBzFdnk1wjRiz3paNicfhuljfw55oM4

A MTK droid tools backup of your phone , or the correct rom from www.needrom.com and a USB cable !

Last edited by a moderator:

damionfr

Jul 19, 2014
i have the same phone but the octa core but when i plug it in the pc i cant see mtk preloader just Alcatel single Rndis interface mtk droid tool or any of the sp flash tool recognize the fone do you have any other step i can take to unbricked this phone

Noning

Aug 23, 2014
Recently i accidently brick my lenovo S939 with this description:

Can i apply this same method to unbrick it?

Noning

Aug 23, 2014
I have recover my phone with this method. Thx ITXTUTOR. On the other hand, my imei number is missing and i got "No Phone Signal" problem....what shoild i do?

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
I have recover my phone with this method. Thx ITXTUTOR. On the other hand, my imei number is missing and i got "No Phone Signal" problem....what shoild i do?
you can try this

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-Read-this-if-your-SIM-CARD-doesnt-work-or-you-get-NO-SIGNAL

or this

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-Restore-IMEI-with-MTK-Mobileuncle-Toolbox

or even this if you get desperate

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-Easy-to-use-IMEI-changing-Tool-for-china-phones

topherr18

Aug 30, 2014
My computer cant seem to detect mt65 preloader. Everytime i connect my device it will show in the device manager the mt65xx preloader for 2-3sec then it dissappears. What will i do? My phone is in bootloop. Pls help me Itxtutor.

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
just so that you all understand about why you get error's sometimes when you flash roms for mtk devices it is pretty simple...these roms are usually not built from scratch like most roms you find on XDA for samsungs and other devices,they are usually "ported" this means that somebody put it together using different parts from other roms added some shit...got rid of some shit and called it a rom...a good percentage of them work quite well and sometimes they do not...i was lucky enough to get one made for me by one of our users...ufo8mymunky...and she did a great job...she made two roms..one was fantastic debloated of loads of crap and works like a dream...the other didn't work well at all and kept crashing..so we must accept the good with the bad

then we have the devices themselves...like over at oppo forums where some people flash a rom and it works fine and others flash the rom and have multiple problems...phones are like cars...some are good and will go for years with no problems...and as you can guess some will have problems within weeks of driving them out of the showroom

then last but not least we have the worst culprit...user error where people swear blind that they are doing everything correctly but they unfortunately have fucked up somewhere and do not realise that they have done it...this happens quite a lot with people who have not done this type of thing before and are not used to the system and how it works...the best way to avoid mistakes is to do things slowly...and read the tutorial over and over just to be sure you understand every part of the process then when you are ready you can continue on and attempt to flash/backup or install

hope this clears things up a little for those of you who keep encountering problems whilst trying to do the above

carulux

Oct 27, 2014
hello 

please share the backup files that exist in the tutorial ... I'm trying to find the backup file in need rom.com no suitable 

I have the type of handset s5 sm g900f 

hardware mt6572 sorry bad english

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
hello 

please share the backup files that exist in the tutorial ... I'm trying to find the backup file in need rom.com no suitable 

I have the type of handset s5 sm g900f 

hardware mt6572 sorry bad english
carulux,

please start a new thread in hardware and software support...thank you

apbradipo

Nov 3, 2014
Hi Guys,

I've just bricked my new CUBOT S308 with a wrong version of KK rom.:dizzy:

My current phone is completly dead; if I connect to PC with USB I could see only MTK USB VCOM PORT.

Just tried to apply the procedure shown into the VIDEO using SP Flash v 3.13 but unfortunately my phone doesn't  start the download and PC return a popup message of error (DRAM).

Anyone may help me?:whistling:

apbradipo

Nov 3, 2014
UPDATE

ERROR I've got is 4032

Hi,

I've got different errors, but I tried with different ROMs:

- KK 4.4.2 V0.009

- KK 4.4.2 V0.004

-JB 4.2.2 V004

-JB 4.2.2 V003

These night I'll try again and I will be able to provide exact error codes.

thank you

Nov 14, 2014
HI evry body,I need helpe please it's same problem but i lose my backup my phone is

Samsung galaxy S4 GT I9500 MTK6572 old rom jelly bean 4.4 when i try use SP flash tool"BROM ERROR:S_DL_GET_DRAM_SETTING_FAIL(5054)

[EMI]obtain DRAM Failed!

[HINT]:

Please check your load matches to your target which is to be download."

and my computer detect USB VCOM Port please helpe me :smile: