How to unbrick every china phone - Hardware Prelaoder Mod !

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
Hey guys,

i think its time for a new unbricking guide. Since there were some things in the old one which confused a lot of the people.

And here it is :

Just follow this guide and im pretty sure that you can revive your mtk smartphone
If you get Sp-flashtool errors, please open a new thread with it !

Download link to the tools needed :

original XDA link :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1943442

feedback is welcome :-) Feel free to post here

Last edited by a moderator:

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
wow you went for it in that vid mate the whole shabang...if the users cannot revive their devices after this they should stick to high street shop devices and stay away from china devices

apbradipo

Nov 3, 2014
Hi ITXtutor probably I'm a high street shopper, but unfortunately I wasn't able to unbrick my China Phone.

I've got a CUBOT S308 and I've bricked with a modified broken ROM. I'm looking for a proven procedure to unbrick my phone and yours seems the best I found out.

I've applied the procedure you described:

- Clear USB Drivers

- Scan again the phone with Volume down bunn pressed - just to be sure: I've to hold the button until the driver had been discovered or I can release just connected?

- Installed the MTK driver manually - even if finally I don't get the message the driver coulkd not work propriarly; the message I got is the right installation ended.

- I executed the SP Tools (started with 5.1413 and then tried with 5.1348) I loaded the ROM JB 4.2.2 V 004

- SP tools shows the red bar with "DA DOWNLOAD 100%" but after that it stand til 7 mins after return error 4001

Am I wrong anything?:I

MAy you help me with additional tips?

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
now my list states :

(4001) S_FT_DA_NO_RESPONSE

Change USB-port and transfer SP Flash Tool in the root of your main harddrive ( C: )

Also there is maybe no info in the file download agenton the CPU / flash. Solution - upgrade.

The problem could also be hardware, such as broken flash memory.

try to format your phone and try the whole flash aagain. also make sure the rom you are using is the 100% correct stock rom

apbradipo

Nov 3, 2014
now my list states :

(4001) S_FT_DA_NO_RESPONSE

Change USB-port and transfer SP Flash Tool in the root of your main harddrive ( C: )

Also there is maybe no info in the file download agenton the CPU / flash. Solution - upgrade.

The problem could also be hardware, such as broken flash memory.

try to format your phone and try the whole flash aagain. also make sure the rom you are using is the 100% correct stock rom
Hi thanks of your quick answer

About:

"Also there is maybe no info in the file download agenton the CPU / flash. Solution - upgrade."

What means upgrade? what should I upgrade?

About:

"try to format your phone and try the whole flash aagain."

How could I format the phone if my phone cannot be switched on?

I've downloaded RoMS from Needrom.com; maybe they could be broken?

thanks in advance

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
upgrade means download all (firmware upgrade)

you can format it in sp-flashtools. phone doesnt have to be on..

not broken, but could be just the wrong rom, maybe redownload.

thomsondk

Feb 15, 2015
Hey guys,

i think its time for a new unbricking guide. Since there were some things in the old one which confused a lot of the people.

And here it is :

Just follow this guide and im pretty sure that you can revive your mtk smartphone

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-MTK-MEGAPACK-DOWNLOAD-All-Downloads-here

original XDA link :

Hello.

I have a problem with a Cuobt S222 which I have flashed a ROM from NEEDROM.COM which turns out to be a wrong flash for my phone.

I hope you can help me solve this problem.

Here's what I know so far.

It is the wrong preloader so the phone is completely dead, my computer do recognizes the phone MKT6582 USB preloader when I connect it without battery and press VOL-UP, the problem is it jumps off and back on constantly, so it is not possible to flash the new original ROM from CUBOT.NET.

You know what I can do to get it to stay connected so it is possible to flash a new ROM.

Â

I have tried to connect the phone to all possible combinations, but nothing seems to work.

but maybe you know a way to get it to work.

sincerely,

Thomas

thomsondk

Feb 15, 2015
Hey guys,

And here it is :

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-MTK-MEGAPACK-DOWNLOAD-All-Downloads-here

original XDA link :

Hello.

I have a problem with a Cuobt S222 which I have flashed a ROM from NEEDROM.COM which turns out to be a wrong flash for my phone.

It is the wrong preloader so the phone is completely dead, my computer do recognizes the phone MKT6582 USB preloader when I connect it without battery and press VOL-UP, the problem is it jumps off and back on constantly, so it is not possible to flash the new original ROM from CUBOT.NET.

DO you know what I can do to get it to stay connected so it is possible to flash a new ROM.

I have tried to connect the phone to all possible combinations, but nothing seems to work.

sincerely,

Thomas

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
Hello.

DO you know what I can do to get it to stay connected so it is possible to flash a new ROM.

sincerely,

Thomas
try this tutorial thomas

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-What-to-do-if-the-Preloader-keeps-disconnecting