How to Repartition internal Memory and get a bigger primary partition for APPS !!!

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
is your device rooted...do you have a custom recovery installed...this might be a good idea first...:emoticon-0148-yes:

Emraan Nawaz

Apr 14, 2015
is your device rooted...do you have a custom recovery installed...this might be a good idea first...:emoticon-0148-yes:
Yes it is rooted and I have a custom recovery installed. When I press the volume up menu button and turn on it goes to recovery but when I press the volume down button it goes to a chines recovery mode don't understand the lang. Now what should I do now..?

Emraan Nawaz

Apr 14, 2015
I can't even install the twrm in my phone and the modified roms..

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
I can't even install the twrm in my phone and the modified roms..
do not worry about the chinese factory mode...if you are stuck in it just scroll down to the bottom option this will reboot your device,not sure if twrp will be compatible for your device anyway and so long as you have CWM you should be ok...is very odd that you have no choice for wiping dalvik cache in CWM...is your device UBIFS by any chance...if it is then i would not use this method as it will not work for you

Emraan Nawaz

Apr 14, 2015
Sorry brother what is UBIFS I don't know about this.. How can I find this on my phone tell me I'll check it.

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
Sorry brother what is UBIFS I don't know about this.. How can I find this on my phone tell me I'll check it.
turn on usb debugging in developer optins and then download and install mtk droid tools v2.5.3 from the link below,after installing this program run it as administrator then connect your device to your p.c. if your device is UBIFS it will show up in red font on the right side of the page with a warning,make sure that your device is detected via ADB interface in device manager otherwise you will have to also install PDANet from the same link below for the drivers needed to connect to this software

https://www.china-devices.com/Thread-MTK-MEGAPACK-DOWNLOAD-All-Downloads-here

Koriandra Paprock

Jan 17, 2015
hi,

can anyone tell me which ebr i should download for efox smart e5?

because this phone internal and external are too small for my liking

thanks in advance

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
hi,

can anyone tell me which ebr i should download for efox smart e5?

because this phone internal and external are too small for my liking

thanks in advance
did you fully read the OP...always a good idea to fully read the OP...then go to the link over at XDA...all you will need to know for sure are your partition sizes and what version of android you are running...and then find the correct EBR's...but please,please,please do not continue unless you have made a full mtk droid tools v2.5.3 backup of your stock rom

Koriandra Paprock

Jan 17, 2015
did you fully read the OP...always a good idea to fully read the OP...then go to the link over at XDA...all you will need to know for sure are your partition sizes and what version of android you are running...and then find the correct EBR's...but please,please,please do not continue unless you have made a full mtk droid tools v2.5.3 backup of your stock rom
yes i did read the full post (but thanks for reminding, never is enough to re-red) but i went to the XDA and didnt found internal/external size which also got me confused: do i add internal+external size? or i jst consider internal/external?thanks again for the EXTRA fast

Last edited by a moderator:

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
ok first check the total memory size that your device shipped with...i.e. 8GB/16GB/32GB

next see what size this memory was split into...i.e.

internal memory partition say 2GB and the rest(if say it was shipped with 8GB) on internal sd,(so internal sd should be what ever is left from 8GB minus the reduction from the system UI or rom)

now you need to go to the thread over at XDA and search through all the sections

you are looking in these sections for your SoC mtk65xx...your rom size 8GB/16GB etc etc and also your android version 4.2 or 4.4,(4.4 versions you have to scroll down quite a bit they are clearly marked

or if you really want just leave your EBR's as a file link in a message to the developer,(@ghost45),in his thread and he will point you in the correct direction or modify them directly for you himself and post them back into the thread,(when posting in the xda thread make sure you give full details of make and model of device and also android version mtk65xx)...because he is cool like that...:emoticon-0103-cool:

p.s. make sure that you subscribe to the xda thread for instant replies

Koriandra Paprock

Jan 17, 2015
ok first check the total memory size that your device shipped with...i.e. 8GB/16GB/32GB

next see what size this memory was split into...i.e.

internal memory partition say 2GB and the rest(if say it was shipped with 8GB) on internal sd,(so internal sd should be what ever is left from 8GB minus the reduction from the system UI or rom)

now you need to go to the thread over at XDA and search through all the sections

you are looking in these sections for your SoC mtk65xx...your rom size 8GB/16GB etc etc and also your android version 4.2 or 4.4,(4.4 versions you have to scroll down quite a bit they are clearly marked

or if you really want just leave your EBR's as a file link in a message to the developer,(@ghost45),in his thread and he will point you in the correct direction or modify them directly for you himself and post them back into the thread,(when posting in the xda thread make sure you give full details of make and model of device and also android version mtk65xx)...because he is cool like that...:emoticon-0103-cool:

p.s. make sure that you subscribe to the xda thread for instant replies
(i think) i found the ebr and tried to install it with flash tools and it gives me a "PMT has changed" error. i dont know if it was because i wasnt a "clean" rom since i already had some apps on it.

Percymama

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Mar 19, 2014
Cornwall United Kingdom
Hi

PMT Error normally relates to a need to format in SPFT prior to re-flashing

Koriandra Paprock

Jan 17, 2015
Hi

PMT Error normally relates to a need to format in SPFT prior to re-flashing
hi

got it finnaly(yay for me!!). now i have 4g on internal and 2.5g on phone storage. now i have another think to ask (lol): i have a big game (BIG) which when installed takes almost 1g space and more 1g with update/patches(u may know its the real racing game). so i put to install all games on sd card but they still get installed in the phone storage so i unninstalled and changed it to the internal one but it still takes space on phone storage. so my question is what should i really do? XD

PS: btw can i install a bigger ebr (like 16g or 32g) on my phone? although i know it is a 8g memory?

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
no you cannot install a bigger EBR they are only to be used with the correct memory that you have on the device it will just give you an error or brick it

what version of android are you running 4.2 or 4.4,in 4.4 google implimented a problem with adding apps to sd so that they will not run...they only work from internal memory...but if you have 4.2 then you may just be able to use a program like folder mount or link2sd and push the large files like OBB from your internal to external sd card..do you have an ex sd card...?

Koriandra Paprock

Jan 17, 2015
no you cannot install a bigger EBR they are only to be used with the correct memory that you have on the device it will just give you an error or brick it

what version of android are you running 4.2 or 4.4,in 4.4 google implimented a problem with adding apps to sd so that they will not run...they only work from internal memory...but if you have 4.2 then you may just be able to use a program like folder mount or link2sd and push the large files like OBB from your internal to external sd card..do you have an ex sd card...?
first let me just thank you guys for your help you've been quite extraordinary on the replys by how fast they have been.

second okay thank god i didnt went and brick my phone.

third im running 4.4.2 android version and sadly i've read about google going full retard on the apps to sd card so i guess is isnt really a help having an external sd card, altho i tried using link2sd and it jst moved internal apps to the phone storage

h5851182

Jun 23, 2015
hi itxtutor

how to create ebr for mt6575 4gb (manually)

oxapodo

Sep 28, 2015
hi there,

I've just watched your very detailed video on how to repartition mtk based devices. Great job. But, the links below the video don't work. I own a doogee dg800 (mtk6582) 8GB rom, android 5.0 and I'm trying to increase the available app space (now at 1.4GB). Any pointers as to how I might do that?

Thanks

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
hi there,

I've just watched your very detailed video on how to repartition mtk based devices. Great job. But, the links below the video don't work. I own a doogee dg800 (mtk6582) 8GB rom, android 5.0 and I'm trying to increase the available app space (now at 1.4GB). Any pointers as to how I might do that?

Thanks
updated the "what are all the images in a rom" link...all the other links worked fine... :boast:

hi itxtutor

how to create ebr for mt6575 4gb (manually)
speak to the developer @ghost45 over at XDA he will create them for you if need be

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2455850

gimokudan

Nov 5, 2015
first of all please excuse me for my bad english.

I have a question, more like confirmation.

i have phone with mtk6592 it's say

internal Rom 8gb

user available 6.4 gb

system 1.6 gb

when i do block map with mtkdroidtools.

It have only ebr1 (no ebr2)

when i read u'r post, does your post means i cannot change the size of my internal memory?
Hey bro have you fix the problem? I also same problem. Internal is 8gb but shows total space is 6gb lol. I also dont have ebr2

gimokudan

Nov 5, 2015

internal Rom 8gb

user available 6.4 gb

system 1.6 gb

when i read u'r post, does your post means i cannot change the size of my internal memory?
Hey bro have you fix the problem? I also same problem. Internal is 8gb but shows total space is 6gb lol. I also dont have ebr2

internal Rom 8gb

user available 6.4 gb

system 1.6 gb

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.