How to Repartition internal Memory and get a bigger primary partition for APPS !!!

shayol

Feb 2, 2015
Inside the backup there is only the file EBR1 and also a file called MBR but i don't know if seems something. There is no file called EBR2.

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
Inside the backup there is only the file EBR1 and also a file called MBR but i don't know if seems something. There is no file called EBR2.
then you cannot do the switch...all you can use is the swap tutorial to use your ex sd card as internal

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-Guide-Swap-internal-sd-with-external-sd-MT6572-Samsung-Galaxy-S-IV-I950X

shayol

Feb 2, 2015
Problem solved!

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-Guide-Swap-internal-sd-with-external-sd-MT6572-Samsung-Galaxy-S-IV-I950X?pid=27068#pid27068

Now clash of clan seems working fine, maybe the internal storage of the phone was broken giving problem.

I will tell you if it's completly fixed doing some tests!

Amazing support guys!

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
Problem solved!

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-Guide-Swap-internal-sd-with-external-sd-MT6572-Samsung-Galaxy-S-IV-I950X?pid=27068#pid27068

Now clash of clan seems working fine, maybe the internal storage of the phone was broken giving problem.

I will tell you if it's completly fixed doing some tests!

Amazing support guys!
glad i could help mate...usually the problem resides with games like that because of the massive OBB file which stores the game data...everytime you play it this file gets updated so maybe that was the issue...just remember that your ex sd card should be class 10 for greater speeds and also that it will wear out sooner than normal because of all the writing done with it,(data use),so do remember to backup frequently and store to p.c.

zravo1

Feb 21, 2015
Hi i just follow the tutorial step by step all thing was ok, when i"ve finished and restart the phone its blocking in start mode with the name of phone CUBOT and doesn't go any where. please help me please.

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
Hi i just follow the tutorial step by step all thing was ok, when i"ve finished and restart the phone its blocking in start mode with the name of phone CUBOT and doesn't go any where. please help me please.
do you have a backup,you should just be able to reflash your backup EBR's and then try again,or you can try wipe data factory reset from recovery mode,(in chinese recovery it is eMMc),see if this fixes the problem

Jeroen Bekebrede

breaky9973
Feb 23, 2015
Unfortunately this tut doesn't work for me. I followed the youtube video of this to the letter.

The new EBR1 and EBR2 files just make my phone into a bootloop. Flashing the original EBR files make my phone work again.

I have a phone with MTK6582 and 16 GB internal memory. What is best to do? Edit the original EBR files to increase my storage?

webvan

Mar 16, 2015
BTW, If you only got EBR1, you only have 1 partition !!!
That's what I have on my Colorfly G708 tablet, does it mean I can't repartition from 1/1/6 ? Thanks !

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
yes it does mean you cannot as the fix moves memory between 2 EBR's so if you have only 1 EBR you cannot move the memory to it from one that does not exist...sorry

you can try our other tutorial to use your ex sd card as internal

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-Guide-Swap-internal-sd-with-external-sd-MT6572-Samsung-Galaxy-S-IV-I950X

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
Unfortunately this tut doesn't work for me. I followed the youtube video of this to the letter.

The new EBR1 and EBR2 files just make my phone into a bootloop. Flashing the original EBR files make my phone work again.

I have a phone with MTK6582 and 16 GB internal memory. What is best to do? Edit the original EBR files to increase my storage?
did you check your device to make sure that it is running the correct android version and not a spoofed version...?

download google camera if you are on kitkat 4.4 from playstore...if it says it is incompatible with your device then your system is modded 4.2 not 4.4

webvan

Mar 16, 2015
yes it does mean you cannot as the fix moves memory between 2 EBR's so if you have only 1 EBR you cannot move the memory to it from one that does not exist...sorry

you can try our other tutorial to use your ex sd card as internal

Thanks but actually I think there might have been an issue with the backup (I got an error due to not enough room even though I inserted an SD card...) because the MT6592_Android_scatter.txt file has both an EBR1 and an EBR2. With the good news I used the XDA Dev file here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=45856792&postcount=2 for the Mtk 6592/8Gb, i.e "1) New Editing Primary Partition to 4Gb for KitKat O.S. (Mtk 6592 - 8-16-32gb).".

No problems flashing just EBR1 and EBR2 with SP Flash Tool...unfortunately it won't boot. Tried wiping the cache and data using recovery (TWRP) but it doesn't help (I get an error message in there, maybe I should go back to standard recovery but I'm not sure how to do that...). The only way I can get it to boot is by flashing the original EBR1 that I backed up. Can you make any sense of this ? Thanks !

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
please post screens shots of your original backup files so we can take a look

also you must be doing something wrong for it not to work...this is usually the case...also did you test your device rom by trying to install google camera from playstore...it is only for kitkat 4.4 and above so it will either let you install and then you know that you have kitkat or it will tell you that your device is incompatible and then you know that you have a modded jellybean 4.2 rom spoofed to just show kitkat in the settings and with testing apps like cpu-Z,antutu and such

often times people do not realize that their rom is not what it says it is

webvan

Mar 16, 2015
Google Camera installed fine yes, I don't have any reason to think it's not a legit Kitkat, the tablet is the Colorfly G708.

The only thing I might not be doing right is the wiping of the cache/data due to TWRP Custom Recovery but it seems most people are not needing to do that. The flashing process with SP Flash Tool is also probably working ok since I can flash back the original EBR1 and get the device to boot again. This is quite confusing...

I've uploaded that EBR1 and MBR here https://mega.co.nz/#!Kpx2BTJb!qo2RAXnIlB4rpNjGDW4K0n4d__TfjQCIVNKDu6ZFwjA in case someone can see something special about them.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
no we just need a pic of your backup files inside the folder please

and also a screen shot of your device storage in settings as well

webvan

Mar 16, 2015
Well guess what I got it to work in the end...not sure what sealed the deal !

I did do a full restore using custom reco TWRP but it hung so I restored just the sytem ->OK

Confident I could restore I created an EBR1 and EBR2 using mtk_data_adj_14.1.8 with the 3500 size and...it booted.

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
Well guess what I got it to work in the end...not sure what sealed the deal !

I did do a full restore using custom reco TWRP but it hung so I restored just the sytem ->OK

Confident I could restore I created an EBR1 and EBR2 using mtk_data_adj_14.1.8 with the 3500 size and...it booted.
brilliant...please post a tutorial on how you got this to work so that your knowledge may help others in the same situation...that would be awesome...+1 rep points added...:emoticon-0137-clapping:

http://www.china-devices.com/Forum-Phone-tutorials

Emraan Nawaz

Apr 14, 2015
I tried the method as you told and everything done perfect but when I start my phone it stuck on the logo screen, what to do..?? MTK6589

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
I tried the method as you told and everything done perfect but when I start my phone it stuck on the logo screen, what to do..?? MTK6589
reboot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache,also did you check to make sure your device was 4.2 or 4.4 sometimes these devices have a modded 4.4. that is really 4.2

can you please give full device specs and name also a link to the EBR's that you used,you can also flash back your original EBR's with sp flash tools if you have a backup

Emraan Nawaz

Apr 14, 2015
When I upload the EBI files on flash tools it flash correctly but when I turned on the device my phone stop on the logo screen plz tell me what to do I'm using MTK6589..

Emraan Nawaz

Apr 14, 2015
My device is 4.2 and when I go to the recovery mode there is no dalvik cache.. I'm using Gfive g9 president phone model number G9T Andorid vr 4.2.1 CPU MTK6589 1.2g Quadcore Rom 4gb 1gb ram
Baseband version

3.4.5 user@linux-user#1 wed sep 25 09:32:45 CST 2013

Build Number G9T 201030925-093440

When I reflash my phone it's to original files it's working fine

I added the both files you can check it.. Kindly let me know how can I fix this problem..