How to prepare an MTKdroid backup to be flashed with SP-flash tool

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
Here´s a short tutorial on how to prepare your MTK droid backup to be flashed with sp-flashtool

You will need this , if you have a backup, but you can´t load preloader_and_dsp and want to flash your preloader or in some other cases.

1) Open MTK droid tools

Click Scatter from file and choose firmware.info from your backup folder where u created original firmware backup with mtk

2)Save the text file (overwrite or replace numbers) inside the backup directory

3)Goto,root,backup,recovery and click to select "To prepare blocks for Flash tool". Navigate again to the backup folder and locate to find files.md5.

(Ensure that the scatter file created above is in same directory)

4)NExt it will automatically start to prepare the files so that you can flash it via SP Flash tool.

5) Wait for few minutes and bingo there you go... The stock rom is ready to flash and will be located with folder name "!Files_to_FlashTool" under backup\yourdevicefoldername\.

Now you can flash it by opening up the new scatter which is in the new folder , it will automatically load up all files.

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
hey steven,

was just wondering is this a "fix" for errors...

what i really mean is by following these steps will we AVOID ERRORS or will this small tutorial help if we encounter errors..like some of our members have posted about...:idea:

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
As i wrote in the beginning

" You will need this , if you have a backup, but you can´t load preloader_and_dsp and want to flash your preloader or in some other cases. "

If you cant load a file from your backup , but you want to flash it , you will need this.

bairro

Jun 4, 2014
Here´s a short tutorial on how to prepare your MTK droid backup to be flashed with sp-flashtool

You will need this , if you have a backup, but you can´t load preloader_and_dsp and want to flash your preloader or in some other cases.

1) Open MTK droid tools

Click Scatter from file and choose firmware.info from your backup folder where u created original firmware backup with mtk

2)Save the text file (overwrite or replace numbers) inside the backup directory

3)Goto,root,backup,recovery and click to select "To prepare blocks for Flash tool". Navigate again to the backup folder and locate to find files.md5.

(Ensure that the scatter file created above is in same directory)

4)NExt it will automatically start to prepare the files so that you can flash it via SP Flash tool.

5) Wait for few minutes and bingo there you go... The stock rom is ready to flash and will be located with folder name "!Files_to_FlashTool" under backup\yourdevicefoldername\.

Now you can flash it by opening up the new scatter which is in the new folder , it will automatically load up all files.
Hello I did this, but when i load the files to my sp flash tools there are some missing.

SEC_RO

CACHE

ANDROID

USER DATA

I made this using a backup whit MTL droid tools

i dont know what i did wrong can you help?

Last edited by a moderator:

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
hey bairro,

please give full specs of your device and any additional info like does your device have root...etc etc...thank you..:cool:

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
Hi, cache and usrdata is not needed !

But android and Sec_ro is..

Right click them and see if

SYSTEM.IMG is in your backup folder  ( this is for android)

And Sec_ro is secro.img 

Correct paths if needed

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
hey bairro,

please follow this guide to make another backup of your device and see if the files you need are produced..call the folder backup 2 so you don't get confused between the two also make sure you use the latest version of MTK droid tools

below is the link for the latest MTK droid tools,(please click the direct download below the big green button),

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/fd9c7bf85f/Mtk_DroidTools.rar

and here is the tutorial from itxtutor here on our site

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-How-to-backup-your-ROM-with-MTK-droid-tools

bairro

Jun 4, 2014
Strange I used your tutorial 

I dont know why is it missing the files.

iam going to try again, as soon I get home.

thx

I have a question, i installed a rom and now i dont have GPS and some sensores are not working and the touchscreen is a little off when i press.

Flashing the stock rom should solve the problem right? 

is there any way off fixing the sensores and GPS and the other problems without flahsing a old rom again?

If flashing is the only solution do we use Download or Update firmware? 

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
no you will have to flash back your backup,but seeing as you had problems with the first backup you may have trouble doing this now...patience...!!!

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
your backup looks strange. whats in the system folder ?

somehow it didnt convert your system to system.img , so your backup is useless.

Please dump it again, make sure you have proper root shell access.

GPS can be fixed with my gps fix tutorial. Which sensors do not work ? Some can be calibrated.

Always use download.

bairro

Jun 4, 2014
your backup looks strange. whats in the system folder ?

somehow it didnt convert your system to system.img , so your backup is useless.

Please dump it again, make sure you have proper root shell access.

GPS can be fixed with my gps fix tutorial. Which sensors do not work ? Some can be calibrated.

Always use download.
The system folder has every thing...like the root of a phone.

a think is the android it self, the size of the folder is abou 600Mb.

i dont know why it didnt created the system.img 

GPS is not working, after I made flashed a rom. The toturial dosent work, i treid. I have another mtk phone and doing the tutorial the GPS began to work in seconds so i think the rom is not making the GPS working.

The sensores that dosent work are the Orientation sensor and the magnetic sensor.

It detects them but dosent read nothing. 

BMM050 Orientation sensor

BMM050 3-axis Magnetic Field sensor

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
Hi,

GPS hardly depends on the chipset and antenna.. Some phones dont even work with a good rom because the chipset is shit ( MTK6572!!! 6572W, 6589).

copy the epo files manually on your phone and use faster gps (needs rot) , activate everything GPS related , reset AGPS and do cold fix in YGPS.

also try the code

*#0*#  and go to sensors to see if they are wrong calibrated , or not even working.