How to Port ROM for MTK 65xx

ihope

Jul 6, 2014
Limousin, France
After reading through it looks fairly easy to do, thanks for your post +1 added. edit: would if i could work out how to...

Was looking at my daughter tablet v819 mini, but the whole rom is a .img what can you decompress this with tried winwip/winiso/ext2explore (as it open lollipop .img) also the system/boot img programs just to fulfil my curiosity :)

Thanks 

Last edited by a moderator:

ihope

Jul 6, 2014
Limousin, France
I can confirm that this method does not work for K/K on vibe ui on AOSP, for my A806  :boredom:  so hopeful  :laugh2:

Might be the fact that they all don't have:

System/lib: modoles folder

System/etc: vold.fstab or vold.fstab.nand

So back to the drawing board!

proevskinikola

IronLionZion
Dec 25, 2014
Macedonia
hey ihope,

you`re right about the KK mate and unfortenately this method does not work on the KK afaik... there are some changes made in the KK so there are a few folders missing in the system folder of the KK... i have test this method on the JB and on MTK6572 and its working great... ill check and see what are the differences in the KK and how and what it needs to be change in order for port to work.

Ezistrom

Jun 21, 2015
Can i port 4.4.2 rom my stock rom is 4.2.2

proevskinikola

IronLionZion
Dec 25, 2014
Macedonia
hey ezi!

you can try that but im not sure if it will work .... what phone do you have?

Ezistrom

Jun 21, 2015
I have Gfive g10 fashion mt6582

proevskinikola

IronLionZion
Dec 25, 2014
Macedonia
best thing to do before you try porting a ROM its will be to find a flashable ROM for your device in .zip form or if you cannot find any then you will have to make one for yourself by using the Android Kitchen, there are alot of tutorials on the net how to install and use android kitchen so give it a gooogle search... the tricky part will be the Update-Script but anyway if you have any problems feel free to ask, and i can help you as much as i can.

Cheers!

J

Jason

I have jelly bean stock rom I want to upgrade it to kitkat but unfortunately there is no kitkat update is available for my device. Can i update my phone by porting rom between jb and kk????? 

If yes will it works...????

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.