How to install CWM on every Chinaphone

KeiSuke

Dec 25, 2016
mtk droid tools has not been updated to work with these newer CPU's and you have a newer CPU...please refer to this tutorial for a custom recovery option
Didn't know that was possible. To the fact I'm a noob and don't want to brick the phone, can you please answer these questions before I attempt anything?

1. I can get the stock firmware from a tunisian group, will that do it for the tutorial?

2. If i can't get the firmware, he talks about porting from another device, but I do not understand what SoC means( which is the most important part to compare). Just tell me what to look for when trying to port.

3. I have meta boot, in case I brick my phone, is it easy to reflash to stock using SP flash tool if i get bootloop?

4. His guide doesn't talk about MT6580 phones, is it still the same procedure?
Oh and no, I do not have a new CPU, I'm still using the core i3 M370 released in 2010.

Reactions: mrsim

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
Didn't know that was possible. To the fact I'm a noob and don't want to brick the phone, can you please answer these questions before I attempt anything?

1. I can get the stock firmware from a tunisian group, will that do it for the tutorial?

2. If i can't get the firmware, he talks about porting from another device, but I do not understand what SoC means( which is the most important part to compare). Just tell me what to look for when trying to port.

3. I have meta boot, in case I brick my phone, is it easy to reflash to stock using SP flash tool if i get bootloop?

4. His guide doesn't talk about MT6580 phones, is it still the same procedure?
Oh and no, I do not have a new CPU, I'm still using the core i3 M370 released in 2010.
1) so long as it is the correct firmware for this specific device it does not matter where you get it from

2) the lady who made this tutorial is a SHE not a HE...LOL...SoC means 'System On Chip',or CPU it is your mtk6580 SoC inside your device

3) it is very easy to re-flash stock firmwares on MTK devices so long as you have the correct drivers installed on your p.c. and also that yyou follow certain rules/criteria whilst flashing any firmware...i do not know what 'meta boot' is...can you explain please

4) yes it is the same proceedure for attempting to create TWRP on almost all mediatek,(MTK),devices...there maybe slight differences or issues when attempting to port the recovery but do not worry...@cleopatra81 will help when you need it...she is a lovely lady...as for your CPU i was talking about your phones CPU which is also it's mtk65xx version or SoC as i explained in (2)