How to install CWM on every Chinaphone

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
hey steven,

just thought i would mention you can enter recovery with "rom manager" from from playstore (chainfire) it is a hell of alot quicker than turning off the device and then pressing all of those power buttons....

okeanos

May 8, 2014
if you have install CWM at any china mobile can you update the rom from sd card or only with sp flash tool?

Last edited by a moderator:

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
you should be able to update from both but if one does not work you can always use the other method...so you have two methods to choose from

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
hi okeanos,

have you been to the phone tutorials section and tried these steps

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-MTK6592-MTK6582-MTK6589-MTK6577-MTK6575-MTK6572-Drivers

if you have tried this and it did not work then you have to follow the instructions on this next video for using "USBDEVIEW" to clear all your drivers off your computer first,then you can update your drivers to the one's you need

belamigo

Jun 19, 2014
Hey guys, here is the video tutorial for the installation of CWM.
Hi, my first post here, and sorry if I'm being a 'noob' but I'm confused.

I have, I guess, what you'd call a 'Chinaphone' -- its a mini9500 made by M-Horse, and I really need a custom recovery for it.  I just found out that an app that promised to restore Nandroid images without custom recovery ... just won't do it!

I thought a custom recovery, CWM for example, had to be tailored to each different phone brand and model.  So I was pleasantly surprised to see, according to this thread's title, I was going to see instructions that 'install CWM on every Chinaphone'. 

But, now I am confused because the lead video's title seems to qualify this: we are now down to "... every MTK Chinaphone".  So far as I know, MTK is a specific brand of phones from a company in Hong Kong?

? Please tell me, when an "MTK" utility or method is described on this forum, is that just being used as an example, of a method that's really compatible with 'all Chinaphones' or does that mean to use it with "MTK brand" devices, only?

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
Hi. this only works on MTK chip based China phones.

your phone has a

Processor

Spreadtrum SP6820A 1.0GHz

so it wont work , as mtk droid Tools wont even recognize the phone.

Am i right ?

belamigo

Jun 19, 2014
Hi. this only works on MTK chip based China phones.

your phone has a

Processor

Spreadtrum SP6820A 1.0GHz

so it wont work , as mtk droid Tools wont even recognize the phone.

Am i right ?
Yes, you're 100% correct.  I thought it was too good to be true, that it could work with 'any Chinaphone'.  But so far I have found nothing else.

Have you any idea if it's possible to get CWM (for backups and restore) installed on this phone?

Please disregard the Manufacturer/Model given at the top of the page.  The correct information is in Owner's Comments, at the bottom. 

I see you have given the processor name, above.  Can you tell me from the link I gave, what is the name of its chipset?

Thanks very much for the rapid and informative reply.

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
hi, i never had such a phone. also i´m not sure which chipset and how it could be flashed. Maybe try XDA-developers and search for your phone.

belamigo

Jun 19, 2014
hi, i never had such a phone. also i´m not sure which chipset and how it could be flashed. Maybe try XDA-developers and search for your phone.
OK, thanks again.

When it goes into recovery, it turns off adb and starts waiting for Research Download to begin a serial data connection with it, over the USB cable.  They claim it's impossible to 'brick' because the serial port is internally hard-wired -- but, because of this, it's very difficult to use methods that work with other phones.

dlw

May 22, 2015
Amboy, WA USA
The only way device manager can find my HDC Note 3 MT6582 is with the battery inserted.

And then, it only shows it briefly, therefore there is no way to install drivers manually.

Also, what drivers should show in usbdevices?

CORRECTION:

Also, what MTK drivers should there be in 'usbdeview'?

dlw

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
The only way device manager can find my HDC Note 3 MT6582 is with the battery inserted.

And then, it only shows it briefly, therefore there is no way to install drivers manually.

Also, what drivers should show in usbdevices?

CORRECTION:

Also, what MTK drivers should there be in 'usbdeview'?

dlw
ALL drivers for the whole p.c. system and all devices that you have ever attatched to your p.c. in it's working history unless you have recently reinstalled windows again...so best bet would always be to wipe every single phone driver that you can see or identify...i usualy scroll across horizontally if i cannot identify the driver directly

Aug 18, 2015
hey steven,

just thought i would mention you can enter recovery with "rom manager" from from playstore (chainfire) it is a hell of alot quicker than turning off the device and then pressing all of those power buttons....
y mrsim and can u tell how can one install recovery using ROM manager app

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
y mrsim and can u tell how can one install recovery using ROM manager app
as you can see i didn't install it you only get the option to 'enter' recovery is all...like with 'flashify' or 'mobile uncle toolbox'...in fact both of those apps i just mentioned will allow you to install a recovery.img file but only if you are rooted...just remember the recovery file needs to be in .img format

KeiSuke

Dec 25, 2016
For me the obvious reason I'm trying to install CWM is for rooting, so that won't help because mtkdroid doesnt let me do the scatter thingy without root. And up to now I can't find a possible way to root my phone.

Everstar Pro
MRA58K
MT6580