How to completely backup your Chinaphone !

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
yes be very careful with updates as some people are experiencing bricks from this decision by xiaomi to lock the bootloaders,(in the form of an update),if you go to a thread i created over at MIUI forum in the second post you will see links for help with this if you encounter any problems with this issue,and it's a good idea to keep with the official rom rather than the unoffical

http://en.miui.com/thread-212425-1-1.html

sdyu

Jan 5, 2017
I happen to know an android backup app could transfer file between android and computer in few simple steps, you just need to connect your phone to computer, the app would detect your phone automatically.

nowk

Jan 3, 2017
Coolmuster Android Assistant is recommended to completely backup and restore your Chinaphone. It can backup your SMS, contacts, media files and Apps. When you lost data, wasy to restore them from your previous backup files. Tutorial for Android backup to PC

Last edited:

samin sikong

Oct 29, 2017
Model : ASUS Z00VD/ZC500TG
MTK : 6580
Kernel : 3.10.72

Rooted: SuperSU

*Backup via MTKDroidTools has been failed. any idea guys?
*MTDroids Tools just freeze and closed itself.

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
Model : ASUS Z00VD/ZC500TG
MTK : 6580
Kernel : 3.10.72

Rooted: SuperSU

*Backup via MTKDroidTools has been failed. any idea guys?
*MTDroids Tools just freeze and closed itself.
yes your device has a newer chipset mtk6580 and mtk droid tools is an older software which was never configured to work past the mtk6592 chipset so it will not work for this device.....do you have a custom recovery installed i would suggest searching for one or creatingone yourself,(make sure 100% that you have a full working backup rom available before you attempt to flash the custom recovery then if the recovery works make a full nanadroid backup with the recovery for extra security...also make sure that you save this backup onto an ex sd card this way it will never be wiped accidentally if you factory reset
icannot find any firmware or development for this device on google so be very careful if you decide to modify this device

Last edited:

samin sikong

Oct 29, 2017
Now i know why MTKDroidTools freeze and closed itself. Thank you sir MRSIM. Yeah, i found the unbrick full firmware flashing via SPFlashtool. Fortunately Asus has provides earlier officially on their site. (now they were gone/removed by asus itself).

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.