How to backup your ROM with MTK droid tools !

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
The preloader file itself is NOT needed to put phone into downloading mode.

the preloader also should NEVER BE FLASHED ! , if the preloader on the phone is corrupted by downloading a wrong preloader on it, you need the file. But usually the file is not needed and should be backuped anyway during the mtkdroid tools backup

Jan 24, 2015
Braila
The preloader file itself is NOT needed to put phone into downloading mode.

the preloader also should NEVER BE FLASHED ! , if the preloader on the phone is corrupted by downloading a wrong preloader on it, you need the file. But usually the file is not needed and should be backuped anyway during the mtkdroid tools backup
So as long as I have the rest of the files from the read back, I should be fine? Because it will save me a lot of trouble.

By the way: why that end adddress? It does not corespons to any value in my scatter.

Last edited by a moderator:

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
yes preloader is actually not needed. Just if you download a wrong preloader then you would need it. but always untick that shit !

thats the end adress of the preloader.

Jan 24, 2015
Braila
yes preloader is actually not needed. Just if you download a wrong preloader then you would need it. but always untick that shit !

thats the end adress of the preloader.
You ment

Code:
0x40000

But if I put this value in the length field i would obtain only the preloader.bin

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
yes exactly , see if it works please.  then just prepare the ROM_0 file and you get a preloader.bin which you can put into your other backup folder

Jan 24, 2015
Braila
yes exactly , see if it works please.  then just prepare the ROM_0 file and you get a preloader.bin which you can put into your other backup folder
This won't be necessary, because after I rooted my device I made another backup in MTK Droid Tools and it was OK.

Can I use the preloader.bin from this backup?

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
yes you can use this, its the same you should get from readback, but anyway never flash preloader on your phone !

Jan 24, 2015
Braila
yes you can use this, its the same you should get from readback, but anyway never flash preloader on your phone !
I understand that you are a busy person.

Would you mind if I do a revised tutorial with everything we discussed here?

Apr 4, 2015
hi,

I tried to extract the original rom from my Cube T9 4G MTK8752 but i had error messages like :

first:

--->>> Connect to device <<<---

--- ERREUR  :  --- TotalBytesPerChunk Not Found. Set default Page/Spare=2048/64 !!!

And when i did a backup there was no md5 file into the backup folder.

It doesn't seem to work with a MTK 8752...:emoticon-0106-crying:

what could you suggest to me, please ?

Best regards

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
hi,

I tried to extract the original rom from my Cube T9 4G MTK8752 but i had error messages like :

first:

--->>> Connect to device <<<---

--- ERREUR  :  --- TotalBytesPerChunk Not Found. Set default Page/Spare=2048/64 !!!

And when i did a backup there was no md5 file into the backup folder.

It doesn't seem to work with a MTK 8752...:emoticon-0106-crying:

what could you suggest to me, please ?

Best regards
try this tutorial instead...please also make sure you run the program as adimintrator and if you can create a new thread in hardware and software support and post a screen shot of your device specs and any (fake spec) messages connected to mtk droid tools v2.5.3

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-How-to-completely-backup-your-Chinaphone

Apr 4, 2015
@mrsim :

Thanks a lot for the link. It worked very well for me :emoticon-0137-clapping:. I wrote you after done. And now i'm looking for how to restore it. which soft will i need ?

Last edited by a moderator: