How to backup the new 64 BIT MTK MT6795 , MT6752 , MT6595 , MT6753 over ADB !

bovirus

Mar 4, 2015
I developped the batch (not Jiayu app) to make the backup starting from an idea of other user.

Pelase read first post of this thread.

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
I developped the batch (not Jiayu app) to make the backup starting from an idea of other user.

Pelase read first post of this thread.
sorry bovirus...we met firstly over at XDA didn't we...and i invited you here to the forum...hahaha...my bad...i am sleepy...i need to be up for work in 4/5 hours...will hopefully speak tomorrow...goodnight...:emoticon-0111-blush:

kingpinzero

Mar 26, 2015
@kingpinzero

I can see here (also on Italian forum)

I tested on my Jiayu S3 and it worked.

What comamnds reprort the error?

Did you check that yoru deviec (what's it?) has the structure folder reported?
Hey mate, yeah its me

Well its a chinese tablet with UBIFS file system. I can get the whole structure to show, everything is shows correctly according the tutorial, but when im about to dump the partitions it just says "no such file or directory".

And yes, the path is correct.

I can try to get a screenshot of the error.

Jiří Grus

Mar 13, 2015
Well, it working great, but how to create MTKscatter file? In MTK droid tools is Create scatter button greyed out on my MTK6752 (custom Lenovo A936 2+8)

Percymama

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Mar 19, 2014
Cornwall United Kingdom
Hi

Did you root first?

Or try temp root button on MTK Droid Tools

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
Well, it working great, but how to create MTKscatter file? In MTK droid tools is Create scatter button greyed out on my MTK6752 (custom Lenovo A936 2+8)
there is a stock rom in the link below with a scatter if that is any help...i also am curious how to create a scatter file for these ADB backups...we are still waiting for itxtutor to complete the rest of the tutorial

http://www.needrom.com/download/lenovo-a936/

Jamie Twoser

Apr 4, 2015
@Itxtutor:

Thank you for this tutorial. It worked very well for me.

I'm impatient to read the next guides : how to create a custom recovery , a scatter and how to dump the full rom. :emoticon-0137-clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamie Twoser

Apr 4, 2015
i meant "it worked"  not "it worded" sorry

stapo101

Mar 26, 2015
CWM tutorial coming in the next days. stay tuned
Hi. New here.

I have an Ecoo E04 3gb and it is frustrating me. I can't root the phone with the new lollipop beta rom installed.  I have managed to do so using the kitkat rom and installing CWM recovery and then SuperSU.zip.

I want to do the same with the lollipop rom but I think I will need to create a new CWM recovery for it as the structure is different and can't do it using MTK Droid Tools. 

I have tried flashing the kitkat CWM recovery with the Lollipop rom but it doesn't work.  So I am very interested in your tease of a CWM tutorial for MT6752.  Do you know when you might be in a position to post about it?

Thanks

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
i doubt that you will find a custom recovery for the lollipop rom just yet...just keep an eye on all the forums am sure once one is available you will find it,also itxtutor is one very busy man so we will have to be patient and just have to wait for the completed tutorial...:emoticon-0179-headbang:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/ecoo-e04-aurora-mtk6752-64-bit-1-7ghz-t3027563

Democrata Acido

Apr 19, 2015
Hi, as some in this thread i´m asking how to make the mtk scatter file to put this backup to work!! I modify my mtkdroid tool 2.5.3 with .ini provided by bovirus. Now read, but as he said chunk read is not proper, making a backup with MTKDT is not posible, so, i try this method to get .img files and .bin from an Axgio Neon N3 (4.4.4) to downgrade other N3 that was update with a crap version of Lollipop 5.0 beta from Neonado OS. Stock rom is available but hosted in a crappy server that just give 10Kb/s to download (when it finish i will grandsons) so i use this to get the files, but without scatter how to restore files to the phone???

Percymama

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Mar 19, 2014
Cornwall United Kingdom
I guess we are still waiting for a reliable method of fully backing up the 64bit devices.

I did manage to get CWM Recovery onto an Ecoo E04 and did a quick backup with that, but nothing else yet :emoticon-0100-smile:

Yogeshwaran1998

May 8, 2015
@Itxtutor

Help me.I am having Lenovo A7000 MT6752m

I tried many guides in rooting with SP flash tools

and also tried with Iroot, but it is not working.

Please Help me.

Thanks

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
@Itxtutor

Help me.I am having Lenovo A7000 MT6752m

I tried many guides in rooting with SP flash tools

and also tried with Iroot, but it is not working.

Please Help me.

Thanks
Yogeshwaran1998,

please create a new thread in hardware and software support...thank you

to answer your question...for now iroot has been the only method to get root for the new 64bit SoC...so keep trying with it

did you follow all of these steps...but from what i have been reading so far there is still no root method found that works

Step 1 - Turn on USB debugging and unknown sources.

Step 2 - Install your phone's ADB drivers.

Step 3 - Install IROOT.

Step 4 - Connect you phone to your pc using the original USB cable.

Step 5 - Click on the root button.

You are done and now your android is rooted !!

Will post on SU replacement later

https://www.china-devices.com/Forum-Hardware-Software-Support

also someone posted over at XDA that this root method linked below works

http://www.srsroot.com/

C

colaloc

Hello, sorry, but where guide about create scatter and full rom backup?

Thanks.

K

KingpinZero

ITXTutor, could you please explain why when im dumping the userdata it fills my whole sdcard?

Doesn't matter which size of sdcard i use for dumping it via ADB, it fills it like theres no end to it.

Any advice would be useful, thank you.

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
how many apps do you have in the system...it may be an idea to first backup your user data then factory reset and attempt to then dump,(i know that sounds so wrong...LOL),what is on stock...also we have a few 'new' test builds of a newer version of mtk droid tools floating about somewhere

K

KingpinZero

I got only 4 apps, so that is not the problem. I tried to dump the userdata partition just after the flash, is the same story all over.

Also whats about the New test versions? Theres only a chilidish attempt to make it work with 67xx, by editing a string in the ini. Turns out it recognizes the phone, but the whole program is still not usable.

If you got any clues or links share it thanks!

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
well user data will most probably include all google and system apps as well...so of course it will be a big file...we will just have to wait till someone delivers us a fully working version or browse for a stock rom over at needrom.com

Multisam

Jun 17, 2015
Finland
ITXTutor, could you please explain why when im dumping the userdata it fills my whole sdcard?

Doesn't matter which size of sdcard i use for dumping it via ADB, it fills it like theres no end to it.

Any advice would be useful, thank you.
KingpinZero are you sure it fills the SD card? What I found out when trying to use this method is that the commands will make a disk image of the whole partition. So if your user data  size is over 4 GB it will fail just becouse the ext4 filesystem dosn't support files larger than 4GB. It dosn't even matter what apps you have. It just fills the rest of the image with zeros... I'm currently trying to figure something out with this method and maby updating the tutorial a bit if, I can get everything working...

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.