How to backup the new 64 BIT MTK MT6795 , MT6752 , MT6595 , MT6753 over ADB !

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
Sup guys ! Welcome to my short tutorial on how to backup the new 64BIT mtk phones like MTK 6752 , MTKK 6573 , MTK 6595 , MTK 6795

This will be the first guide just to backup the most important images like boot.img , uboot , system.img etc..

In the next guides i will show you how to create a custom recovery , a scatter and how to dump the full rom.

MTK droid tools 2.5.3 is still outdated and has not been updated, so its a bit complicated right now.

so lets get started :

1) Make sure phone has root shell access (rooted) , if you dont have root then please root with IROOT and install superSU+ binaries.

2) Make sure USB debugging is enabled on the smartphone

3) Download MTK droid tools 2.5.3

4) install PDA ned abd driverpackage

5) run MTK droid tools and open a new ADB SHELL.

a) Type ADB Devices to see if your phone is detected

type adb shell df and determine the biggest partition

c) note down the path of the biggest partition

d) check the code below and replace path with your path. Use external sd if possible.

use those ADB commands to backup every single image :

Code:
adb shell mkdir -p /storage/sdcard0/SPFT

adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0boot0 of=/storage/sdcard0/SPFT/preloader.bin bs=512c count=512 skip=4"
adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/boot of=/storage/sdcard0/SPFT/boot.img"
adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/cache of=/storage/sdcard0/SPFT/cache.img"
adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/lk of=/storage/sdcard0/SPFT/lk.bin"
adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/logo of=/storage/sdcard0/SPFT/logo.bin"
adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/recovery of=/storage/sdcard0/SPFT/recovery.img"
adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/secro of=/storage/sdcard0/SPFT/secro.img"
adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/system of=/storage/sdcard0/SPFT/system.img"
adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/userdata of=/storage/sdcard0/SPFT/userdata.img"

it should copy all the images if you enter the commands line by line. Always wait until you get feedback from ADB

Code:
if you get read only use those commands :

mount -o rw,remount rootfs /

chmod 777 /mnt/sdcard

change path of sd card to real path !!

After this reboot with ADB command "reboot" or exit and manual reboot.

You should now have your images in a folder called SPFT on your smartphone

Heres the video tutorial :

Last edited by a moderator:

Rotacioskapa00

Feb 25, 2015
Hi

Firts of all thx for the guide.

I have a little problem with my Jiayu S3, i do all things but when i get boot.img, cache.img nothing happens just some code floats in the command shell and nothing dumped. Here a print screen http://imgur.com/Zw8BZ2Z

Rotacioskapa00

Feb 25, 2015
Sorry guys my bad, i forgot the MTK Droid tools run as administrator.

bovirus

Mar 4, 2015
@ltxtutor

Thanks for the guide.

Please take care that if you need just adb tool (adb.exe) you get the latest (v21) here

You can get my latest improvements for MTKDroid (v. 2.5.3d) based on 2.6.5.3 with theese changes

- MTKDroid.ini changed tod etect new MTK chips (also 64bit)

- ADB program updates

- APK updates (SuperSU/File Explorer)

Plase take care that the MTKDroid detect new chipset but cannot work with them because didn't recognize new chunk size for the ROM.

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
hey bovirus...thanks for posting...is very kind of you...:emoticon-0137-clapping:

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
true, would work with this too :-)

Oh nice a modded version :-) but if im right it was detecting the chipset before too ? i think it was already in my mtkdroid tools ini.

thank you so much for sharing !

bovirus

Mar 4, 2015
I posted the link because the new ini file was not included in the original MTKDroid 2.5.3.

For that I change in my case the version to 2.5.3d to enhnace the difference than original 2.5.3.

When you posted the link to 2,5,3 (without any reference to new ini) I believe that was original 2.5.3.

bovirus

Mar 4, 2015
I propose to change the link to MTKDroid (if is no necessary) too point directly to MTKDroid subfolder.

I propose to add in the first post the link to adb platform tools archive.

I'm working to a dos batch that can do it (with parameters like SDcard folder) and using adb pull commands copy the files from sd to the PC.

Using adb is possible to read device model/rom date/etc and create an archive file name that consider theese items

If you add the commands

adb pull –a /storage/sdcard0/SPFT/boot.img

adb pull –a /storage/sdcard0/SPFT/cache.img

adb pull –a /storage/sdcard0/SPFT/lk.bin

adb pull –a /storage/sdcard0/SPFT/logo.bin

adb pull –a /storage/sdcard0/SPFT/recovery.img

adb pull –a /storage/sdcard0/SPFT/secrot.img

adb pull –a /storage/sdcard0/SPFT/system.img

adb pull –a /storage/sdcard0/SPFT/userdata.img

you can get the .img files from mobile and copy them to the pc fodler.

The -a option in adb pull command enable it to miantain date/time of the .img file in teh pc folder.

bovirus

Mar 4, 2015
In your MTKDroid 2.5.3 archive file I found MTKdroidLut.exe.

Which is the use of this file?

Do you know which kind of compressor/compiler is used to create MTKDroid.exe?

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
Hi there,

MtkDLut is a tool for adjusting NMEA (GPS) over com port. Not really needed  but it was in my MTKDT zip i got from some chinese website

kingpinzero

Mar 26, 2015
Well once we got the backup of said items, how could we use those if something goes wrong? Since there's no scatter and whatever?

kingpinzero

Mar 26, 2015
ok i can get the device to show, and the biggest partiton. I can create the folder as the guide, but once i start sending the commands to backup the items (say, the preloader) it says "error: file not found".

What im doing wrong?

bovirus

Mar 4, 2015
@kingpinzero

I can see here (also on Italian forum)

I tested on my Jiayu S3 and it worked.

What comamnds reprort the error?

Did you check that yoru deviec (what's it?) has the structure folder reported?

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
ok i can get the device to show, and the biggest partiton. I can create the folder as the guide, but once i start sending the commands to backup the items (say, the preloader) it says "error: file not found".

What im doing wrong?
what device do you have...?

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
Jiayu S3 3GB.
so why don't you just download the stock rom for now...this method is not 100% garunteed to work...and there are stock roms available...also go to playstore and download the free 'jiayu app' and use this to backup your IMEI numbers,make sure you have an ex sd card available to save this file to so that it does not get wiped if you do ever have to format and replace your rom

there is also a AOSP rom available for this device at the moment as well...one of our users has it flashed and apart from a couple of bugs works very well

bovirus

Mar 4, 2015
I know it very well.

We developped this system fo unit that has no similar resources as stock ROM (as for Jiayu S3).

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
I know it very well.

We developped this system fo unit that has no similar resources as stock ROM (as for Jiayu S3).
we...???

you created this app for the jiayu...???

also can you please re-explain what you mean...?

dsds