HomTom HT3 Pro - unlock bootloader & TWRP

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
Does anyone know if you can flash the rom using the sp-flash tool or SPMDT tool to put a custom rom on this brand of phone with firmware above? rather than using twrp?
If I'm able to do that might be able to use this bloody phone! Otherwise I'll just have to use it as an expensive paper weight! :(

TIA
did you not manage to get the correct firmware from 4PDA the russian forun mentioned in the chinaphonearena thread you linked...?

TeeJ69

Jun 30, 2017
Queensland Australia
did you not manage to get the correct firmware from 4PDA the russian forun mentioned in the chinaphonearena thread you linked...?
I did manage to download it yes... But there was an issue with the scatter file and therefore it would not load. I've now messaged Homtom.cc to see if they can send me a link, directly, for the stock rom of my MT6735P phone. If they can, will try and resurrect my phone from that.

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
that would be great. but well arent there bunch of roms on needrom.com ?

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
I did manage to download it yes... But there was an issue with the scatter file and therefore it would not load. I've now messaged Homtom.cc to see if they can send me a link, directly, for the stock rom of my MT6735P phone. If they can, will try and resurrect my phone from that.
please if you receive any errors in the future take a screen shot and post them here in the thread it should help us to help you.........the issue could just be something minimal and easilly corrected

TeeJ69

Jun 30, 2017
Queensland Australia
Yes there are a bunch of roms on need rom but most of them need twrp to install and that was the initial issue in that I could not, no matter what I tried get twrp onto my phone, despite all the awesome help I have been getting from the forum.

TeeJ69

Jun 30, 2017
Queensland Australia
please if you receive any errors in the future take a screen shot and post them here in the thread it should help us to help you.........the issue could just be something minimal and easilly corrected
Will do!

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.