hi how can you say if your phone is bricked? cause i have this china phone s8+ mt6580,

candid

Apr 10, 2018
i did not root or anything.i just did factory reset from the settings and it went black screen and can see the lights are on. and when i hard rest it its just shows the logo and went blank screen again plus it wont turn off. im just new here, is there possible way to fix this.thanks in adavance

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
well it is a clone and most probably a very bad one so the internal specs may well not be what was advertised by the seller...how long ago did you purchase it...is the warranty still active...if yes contact the seller and request a replacement...if not...then you will need to first strip the device down and check the mainboard to see which CPU is actually on the device...i doubt it is a mtk6580 i would guess more like a mtk6571 or mtk6572 both YAFFS,(ubifs), type file system which is a very old file system first used in the first ever android devices...the cloneers in china use this a lot because it is so cheap and makes them more profit...if they were to make a clone with the mtk6580 cpu it would not cost that much but they do not care as every penny counts in china to these people,next you will have to attempt to locate a stock rom,(again request one from the seller if they will not send out a new unit),a stock rom should reviv the device until the next factory reset where it will most probably brick again
my other advice to you is to never ever buy a clone...they are always so bad and have many issues

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
thank you so much for the response. my mom bought it from lebanon and send it here in philippines. she not aware what she had bought. hehehe. anyway this is the result from cpu-z validator thats why i thought its mt6580
unfortunately CPU-Z can be spoofed to show different specs when used that's why i mentioned stripping down the device to check the CPU on the mainboard this is the only 100% way to check if it really is a mtk6580...if it was mtk6580 it should really not have issues as this is a regularly used chip in a number of devices which are not clones and the chip works well without issues...so again if you have the time strip the device down and check out the chip it will most probably be located underneath a heat shield on the board