Help with chinese car head unit (mtk 8321)

Edddie

Jan 5, 2020
Hello! This is my first post here, so I am sorry if I am asking for help in the wrong place. I have a chinese Android 9 car head unit based on mtk 8321. What I am trying to do is to dump its ROM using MTK Droid Tools for backup purpose. My problem is that even if the head unit has 2 USB type A ports, when connecting any of them to a PC via a USB cable nothing happens. I should mention that connecting a regular USB stick or keyboard to any of the units ports works just fine. Also, the cable I've tried to use works fine. The thing is I can get adb to work only over Wi-Fi, but MTK Droid Tools requires a USB adb connection. Another thing I've tried was to get into recovery mode and try USB adb mode from there, but no luck. There doesn't seem to be any interaction between the PC and the unit so I am pretty sure this isn't a Windows driver problem. Is there any way I can use MTK Droid Tools with adb over Wi-Fi or is there any method to force the unit to go into usb adb mode? Any help is welcome. Thanks!