Easy ADB Driver Installation with PDAnet !

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
Here comes a little tutorial on how to easily install ADB drivers to root your phone with PDAnet

Though it won’t work for every model, it should help quite a few of us with rooting our China phones.

First of all you need to activate USB debugging on your phone, it is required to be able to access the phone via debugging mode in Windows which is where these drivers come in.

Before continuing, disconnect your Android smartphone from your PC. Do not connect until PDAnet prompts you to do so.

This tutorial is brought to you by Gizbeat.com

1) Download the appropriate PDAnet installer:NEW PDAnet drivers for 32 and 64 bit Windows

PDAnet for 32-Bit Windows installs

PDAnet for 64-Bit Windows installs

http://www.gizbeat.com/downloads/PDAnet-64bit.zip

2) Open the .zip download and extract the installer. Run the extracted file. If you have User Account Control turned on, you will see a warning. Select ‘Yes’ to continue.

3) Accept the terms of the install and click next until you see ‘Phone Selection’. Assuming it’s a China phone or anything other than what’s named select ‘Others’.

4) Another warning may pop up letting you know Windows can’t verify the publisher of the driver. Select ‘Install anyway’

5) Before connecting your Android phone via USB, turn on ‘USB debugging’ in settings. After turning this mode on, connect the Android smartphone to your PC and click ‘okay’. If prompted, select ‘Install the software automatically’.

6) After the install is finished, you will see a window with several options. For our purposes, DESELECT all options and click ‘finish’.

7) At this point, the ADB driver install should be complete – hopefully successfully. You should see your phone in ‘Device Manager’ now without any warnings assuming everything went well.

mistrym

Jul 22, 2014
Hi ITXtutor,

Thank you for a prompt response.

I will try this later and let you know how I get on. Meanwhile I should let you know that when I power up my phone all I get is the android man permanently displayed on the phone and when I power up the phone with the volume up key I get  the android man lying on its back with red triangle with ! mark. This means that I cannot set the phone to debug mode. I will still try what you have suggested.

Thanks !

mistrym

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
please use volume down to see if it opens the chinese factory menu.

You are in a bootloop and your recovery seems broken too.

flashing a stock or backuprom is the only way to fix that.

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.