Dupad Story M7 Ultimate Guide - How to Flash Stock ROM and Root

speedfire

May 20, 2016
Yes Master mrsim, I will try out. Pls forgive me for my laziness.

Hi LAEEQ K, Thanks for your reply. I will try mrsim suggestion. If failed I will try your solution.

Once again Thanks for all your help!

speedfire

May 20, 2016
Hi Guys,

Just fyi, I had just tried using the Debloated apps to disable the com.andriod.htmlviewer2

I will monitor for a few days and update ur again.

Thanks! Good day!

speedfire

May 20, 2016
Hi,

Just an update, manage to use the Debloated app to disable the com.android.htmlviewer2 and youtube apk.

Till today I am blessed that no push apps install and search engine will not to tracking.

Thanks for all the help.

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
Hi,

Just an update, manage to use the Debloated app to disable the com.android.htmlviewer2 and youtube apk.

Till today I am blessed that no push apps install and search engine will not to tracking.

Thanks for all the help.
brilliant... maybe you should make a backup of the de-bloated rom and share it here for others to use also upload it to needrom if you can add well 

speedfire

May 20, 2016
Hi mrsim,

Ok I will monitor it for a few more weeks and will try to work on the rom.

LAEEQ K.

Feb 28, 2016
@mrsim how do you do this "backup the debloated rom". Is it possible to debloat a rom and then recompile it somehow? I want to have a phone with no root access and fully de-bloated. Possible?

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
@mrsim how do you do this "backup the debloated rom". Is it possible to debloat a rom and then recompile it somehow? I want to have a phone with no root access and fully de-bloated. Possible?
Just use mtk droid tools it will create a backup that when flashed will not be rooted... you just need to sometimes root the device first in order to make the backup.. backups made with mtk droid tools are not rooted backups 

Last edited by a moderator:

RErick

Mar 12, 2016
If you guys can wait a little while till I get off work I have a full M7 rom and a recovery I can upload to someplace other than 4shared

RErick

Mar 12, 2016
Best way to do that is to root. Then uninstall what you don't need or freeze them with titanium backup is best so they're still there in case you need something. Then when you're done unroot the phone.

fa000wi

Jul 17, 2016
NOTE - I HAVE TRIED AND TESTED THIS METHOD ON MY DUPAD STORY M7 AND IT WORKS FINE. HOWEVER, PLEASE USE THIS GUIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF USING THIS GUIDE BRICKS YOUR PHONE, MAKES YOUR DOG RUNAWAY OR STARTS THE APOCALYPSE. 

If like me you too work in a high security area where Mobile phones with cameras are not allowed you probably already know about the Dupad. For others, the Dupad Story M7 is a Chinese MTK6735 based android phone without a camera, specially designed for people who work in high security areas. The phone is readily available from local dealers in the Middle East (not sure about other places) and these dealers are pretty much all the tech support you can get for this device. There are no stock ROMs available for this phone on the internet and there are absolutely no instructions on how to root this phone (specifically). However, all that is about to change, so gentlemen, hold on to you seats :D

STEP 1 - Flashing stock ROM to your phone.

The Dupad M7 is an MTK6735 based phone. To flash stock ROM to this phone you need two things. Namely, the stock ROM itself (duh!) and another small yet really powerful program called the SP flash tool.

1. Dupad Story M7 Stock ROM

Don't ask me how I got my hands on this (yes I know you've been looking for it on the internet for ages with no success) but here it is:

Stock ROM download

2. SP Flash tools and it's drivers

I'm not going to give details about this program as this has been done many times by people who can definitely explain it better than me. If you have no idea what this program does, how to use it, or how to install the necessary drivers for this to work I highly recommend you watch "[Hovatek] How To Use SP Flash Tool (Full Guide)" on YouTube by Team Hovatec. If you still have issues you can ask in the comments and I'll be glad to help. Here's the video:

[Hovatek] How To Use SP Flash Tool (Full Guide)

Just a side note though - Connecting my phone on a USB 3.0 kind of did not work. It may work on your computer but just to be safe, use a USB 2.0 port to connect your phone.

STEP 2 - Root (one of the most stubborn phones to root)

So if you've watched the above video carefully and followed every step you're now probably holding a completely stock and fully functioning Dupad story M7 (Yaay! Congrats!). If this is all you ever wanted in your life then you can stop at this point and enjoy your phone. However, for those willing to sail the uncharted waters and attempt to root this phone you may continue to follow this guide.

To root this phone you need to use the Kingroot app (or the Kingroot apk). Now a few of you might say: "But uncle Tom I've already tried the Kingroot app and it doesn't work". Yes, I know, and that is why you use the version posted here as I too have struggled a lot and spend a lifetime looking for a version of the Kingroot app that works. Here it is:

Kingroot_V4.5.0.902.zip

For those struggling with this simple one-click app, check out Kingroot's official website for a nice little tutorial on which buttons you need to push to make this magic happen.

King Root Tutorial

If you've followed these steps correctly you should have a Dupad M7 on stock fw with Root access. You can now go about and remove all that useless bloatware or do what ever you heart desires.

If you have any question, feel free to comment on this post and I'll answer them as soon as I can.

More interesting stuff for those who don't want to stop yet:

For those who don't like the Kingroot Root management app, there is a way to Replace it with Supersu. Just follow this guide:

How to Remove/Replace Kingroot (KingUser) with SuperSu

Do note that if the first command in the terminal does not work for you, then type is "su" (without quotation) instead of "Su".

Also, If you've noticed, the M7 comes in 2 versions, the No Camera and No GPS version and the NO Camera but with GPS version. What I've learned is that the GPS receiver is built in for both these versions and is only disabled in the software. 

If you have the NO GPS version and want GPS access, follow this guide (not sure what it does but it worked for me):

GPS Fix for Chinese Smartphones without EPO and AGPS

Cheers!
thx , you r life saver 

Lawrence2269

Aug 2, 2016
Hi,

My phone is locked with privacy protection so i can't install the app, so what is the procedure to root the phone so that i can flash it with the above rom which you provided, please do help

Last edited by a moderator:

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
Hi,

My phone is locked with privacy protection so i can't install the app, so what is the procedure to root the phone so that i can flash it with the above rom which you provided, please do help
did you bother to reasd the OP...all the instructions are very clear...what seems to be the problem...?

Arm

Mar 4, 2017
Mrsim, I bought a Dupad M7 story. After two weeks the phone start downloading apps and publicity. Searching in internet I found this place. I follow the procedure described here but at the end my phone got brick. It´s a partial brick because the power bottom still works but the screen remains black. When I used SP flash I replace the preloader filer. Watching the phone I know this problem has a solution but I need some recommendations to fix this problem

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
Mrsim, I bought a Dupad M7 story. After two weeks the phone start downloading apps and publicity. Searching in internet I found this place. I follow the procedure described here but at the end my phone got brick. It´s a partial brick because the power bottom still works but the screen remains black. When I used SP flash I replace the preloader filer. Watching the phone I know this problem has a solution but I need some recommendations to fix this problem
did you follow the guide from the first post...i can see maybe the only problem being that you may have different dispaly drivers or even a different display...this is an older device and if you purchased one quite recently then you may find that they may have used a different display for the later models which could mean that the display drivers for your device will be different from the original roms posted in this thread.....also can you be more specific about exactly what method or process you have managed to do with your device..also please let me know when you purchased...was it recently

Arm

Mar 4, 2017
did you follow the guide from the first post...i can see maybe the only problem being that you may have different dispaly drivers or even a different display...this is an older device and if you purchased one quite recently then you may find that they may have used a different display for the later models which could mean that the display drivers for your device will be different from the original roms posted in this thread.....also can you be more specific about exactly what method or process you have managed to do with your device..also please let me know when you purchased...was it recently
Yes Mrsim I followed the guide in the first post. I bought the phone less than three weeks ago. I am agree with you. For me the problem look like a display driver problem. I am downloading some software in my computer to copy the ROM from a different phone and change some files. I am in a platform and he have three of these phones with the same problem. After a while they become useless with this advertisement problem they have. Please If you have a different approach to this problem let me know. Thanks

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
well all you need to do to get the display working is to try different 'UBOOT' or 'LK.BIN' files from other roms with the same SoC these files contain the display driver and maybe one will get the devicxe screen working again,also for the malware problem you will have to research...we have a few tutorials here which may help in our tutorial section if you fancy having a look

yassersalat

Mar 14, 2017
Yes Mrsim I followed the guide in the first post. I bought the phone less than three weeks ago. I am agree with you. For me the problem look like a display driver problem. I am downloading some software in my computer to copy the ROM from a different phone and change some files. I am in a platform and he have three of these phones with the same problem. After a while they become useless with this advertisement problem they have. Please If you have a different approach to this problem let me know. Thanks
good day guys,

first of all i would like to thank LAEEQ & Mrsim for help, actually i bought dupad m7 and i had the same issues that happened to every one, i followed the
Procedure in this subject and it was successfully done in 4 devices. but yesterday i tried to one device and i had the same problem that happened to Mr.Arm, the device is working but the display is black, i tried to find solution but unfortunately i didn't, also i searched if there is another stock rom but i didn't find.
please if you find solution for this problem just let me know.

Thanks a lot.

mrsim

KingOfNoobs
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
London UK
good day guys,

first of all i would like to thank LAEEQ & Mrsim for help, actually i bought dupad m7 and i had the same issues that happened to every one, i followed the
Procedure in this subject and it was successfully done in 4 devices. but yesterday i tried to one device and i had the same problem that happened to Mr.Arm, the device is working but the display is black, i tried to find solution but unfortunately i didn't, also i searched if there is another stock rom but i didn't find.
please if you find solution for this problem just let me know.

Thanks a lot.
again this seems like a change in the display driver most probably due to the manufacturer making this change.....so the solutions to this are
1) wait for a rom to be uploaded from the batch which has this display driver and flash the uboot or lk.bin files
2) try different display drivers from any other rom available over at needrom with the same SoC,(mtk67xx),and screen res,(720-1080p etc),whatever the screen res is...this can be a very long drawn out process as there are most probably many many roms too choose from from other devices and you will have to very much rely on luck finding the correct one which will work for you...this method is also not 100% that it may fail and every rom file,(uboot or lk.bin),you try will not work...it's a long shot
3) have you simply tried booting into recovery directly after flashing the rom or display files and wipe data factory reset

Jorge0008

May 22, 2017
hi sir Good Day Ive try to donload the original Rom for dupad m7 but its allready deleted in the givin link at 4_shared.. can anyone post another Line for this rom.. thanks in advance

yassersalat

Mar 14, 2017
hi sir Good Day Ive try to donload the original Rom for dupad m7 but its allready deleted in the givin link at 4_shared.. can anyone post another Line for this rom.. thanks in advance
Hi, good day
If you have a gmail account, give me your address then i will share the files with you.

Last edited:
Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.