Backup and Restore your NVRAM !

itxtutor

Editor in Chief
Staff member
May 15, 2015
Hey guys, here just a short tutorial on how to backup your NVRAM.

Read more here : Chinaphonearena

Note: Root or CWM recovery is required to backup or restore your NVRAM using this method

This is recommended because in some rare cases you can also fuck up your NVRAM and get MTK Baseband unknown or NVRAM errors.

It´s really hard to find NVRAM as tar and bin online. Even for popular phone with many roms.

So you should do that if you dont have a full "raw" backup with that files.

You need:

ADB Drivers    download

MTK Droid Tools  download

A Rooted Phone

Steps :

1. Install ADB Drivers
  2. Extract MTK Droid Tools
  3. Run MTK Droid Tools
  4. With your phone on, connect it to your PC via USB
  5. Root Shell is required. You need to be booted into ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) or be fully rooted already. If fully rooted, the square should be yellow. If the square is yellow, then click the root button in bottom right corner. The little box should turn green which means you should then have shell access to backup or restore NVRAM.
  6. You may see a Super User request pop up during this procedure on your phone's screen. Allow it.
  7. Click NVRAM/IMEI
  8. Make sure both '.bin' and '.tar' are checked.
  9. Click backup
  10. Save them to a place where you'll be able to find them

To restore NVRAM to your MT6589, MTK6589T, MT6595, MT6582, MT6577, MT6572 phone, follow the same procedure but click 'Restore' and direct it to the backups.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sanman

Sep 4, 2014
I installed MIUI on a Bepa G900W but I forgot to back out the NVRAM. I do have nvram.bin and userdata_nvram_only.tar from an earlier backout. Is it possible to get this into the MIUI rom?

Thanks