Asus has just released its latest flagship smartphone, Asus Zenfone 6. For the sake of innovating camera mechanisms, the company was able to do something by using a 180° flip panel to the dual cameras of this phone.
ASUS ZENFONE 6
The latest flagship comes with a 6.4” IPS LCD with a 1080 x 2340 and a 92% screen to body ratio. It uses a dual glass design. The front is made of a Corning Gorilla Glass 6; the rear also uses a Corning glass while the middle frame is a 6000-series aluminum. In order to maintain the price, Asus had to opt for an LCD display as well as a rear fingerprint sensor. Under the hood, we have the flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 SoC coupled with up to 8GB of RAM and up to 256GB of UFS 2.1 internal storage.
Asus became the first company to try out a motorized rotating dual camera. It has a 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor and a 13MP shooter. This is a cool mechanism because these are the only sensors that the phone needs. For selfies, the 180° flip mechanism pulls the rear camera forward so it can be used as a selfie camera. The camera supports 4K videos at 60fps, HDR+ Enhanced and Night Mode.
ASUS ZENFONE 6 – Specifications
- Body: Aluminum frame, Gorilla Glass back, 159.1×75.4×9.2mm, 190g; Midnight Black and Twilight Silver color schemes.
- Display:4″ IPS LCD, 1080x2340px, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 403ppi, Gorilla Glass 6.
- Camera: Motorized rotating dual camera assembly. Main module: 48MP, 1/2.0″ SONY IMX586 Quad Bayer sensor, f/1.79 aperture, 79-degree FOV (26mm equiv. focal length), laser/PDAF, OIS. Ultra-wide module: 13MP, f/2.4 aperture, 125-degree FOV (11mm equiv. focal length), fixed focus. Dual LED flash.
- Video recording: Up to 4K 2160p@60fps with EIS on the main cam, up to 4K@30fpswith EIS on the ultra-wide, slow-motion up to 1080p@240fps or 720p@480fps (only on the main cam).
- OS/Software: Android 9.0 Pie, ZenUI 6.
- Chipset: Snapdragon 855 (7nm): Octa-core CPU (1×2.8GHz & 3×2.4GHz Kryo Gold & 4×1.7GHz Kryo 485 Silver); Adreno 640 GPU.
- Memory: Up to 8GB RAM, up to 256GB UFS 2.1 storage, dedicated MicroSD card slot.
- Battery:5,000mAh capacity, 18W QuickCharge 4.0 fast charging, 10W reverse charging.
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE-A, 6-Band carrier aggregation, Cat.18 (1.2Gbps/150Mbps); Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac/ax MU-MIMO; GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo; NFC; Bluetooth 5.0; FM radio. USB Type-C, 3.5mm jack.
- Misc: Rear-mounted capacitive fingerprint sensor, stereo speakers.
5,000 mAh Battery
The lights of this smartphone are kept on by a 5,000 mAh battery which supports 18W fast charge. Despite having a glass back, it does not support wireless charging. On the software end, Asus integrated the ZenUI 6 based on Android 9 Pie on this one.