Apple unveiled new iPad Pro models on April 20, with the headliner being the 12.9 inch mini LED model. They also introduced an 11 inch iPad Pro 2021, that keeps the LCD screen, but gets the Thunderbolt port and Apple M1 CPU, as well as the 5G version.
The new Apple M1 CPU brings a performance bump of up to 50% from the Apple A12Z from the previous iPad Pros. It has a Thunderbolt port at the bottom, with up to 40 Gbps transfer speed and it can be hooked up to HDDs and 6K monitors. The screen here is a Retina 11 inch panel (Liquid Retina), with 120 Hz adaptive refresh rate. It hits 600 nits of brightness, supports True Tone tech and DCI-P3 color range. There’s also 5G connectivity, a premiere for iPads. Upfront rests a 12 MP TrueDepth camera, with ultrawide lens.
It has a 111 degree angle and a feature called Center Stage, which keeps the subject int he center of the image during videocalls. At the back there’s a dual camera with a main 12 MP sensor, an ultrawide 10 MP shooter and a LiDAR sensor for AR functionality. We also have an ISP and NPU for powerful image processing and Smart HDR 3. All of those are crammed into a slim unibody metal case. It also takes Apple Pencil input and has stereo speakers.
These are the configs and prices of the device:
- 11-inch iPad Pro (128GB, Wi-Fi) — $799
- 11-inch iPad Pro (256GB, Wi-Fi) — $899
- 11-inch iPad Pro (512GB, Wi-Fi) — $1,099
- 11-inch iPad Pro (1TB, Wi-Fi) — $1,499
- 11-inch iPad Pro (2TB, Wi-Fi) — $1,899
- 11-inch iPad Pro (128GB, 5G) — $999
- 11-inch iPad Pro (256GB, 5G) — $1,099
- 11-inch iPad Pro (512GB, 5G) — $1,299
- 11-inch iPad Pro (1TB, 5G) — $1,699
- 11-inch iPad Pro (2TB, 5G) — $2,099
The post Apple Unveils New 11 Inch iPad Pro With Apple M1 CPU, Thunderbolt Port appeared first on Tablet News.