Alienware’s new X-series gaming laptops Alien x15 and x17 have been officially launched. Alienware x17 is Alienware’s thinnest 17.3-inch laptop, and 15.6-inch x15 is Alienware’s thinnest laptop ever.
The Alienware x15 starts at US$1999 (approximately RMB 12,733), and the x17 is US$2099 (approximately RMB 13,370). All configured models will be available in the United States on June 15.
Since the x17 is slightly larger, there are more configuration options, including the new Cherry MX mechanical keyboard. Other specifications include:
- Intel Core i7-11800H or i9-11900HX processor
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 (6GB), 3070 (8GB) or 3080 (16GB)
- 16GB or 32GB DDR4 3200MHz; 32GB or 64GB DDR4 XMP 3466MHz memory
- Up to 2TB NVMe SSD; up to 4TB dual PCIe SSD
- 17.3-inch FHD 165Hz or 360Hz (Nvidia G-Sync); UHD 120Hz, 100% AdobeRGB color gamut
- Wi-Fi 6E, E3100 2.5Gbps Ethernet
▲ x17 has a Mini DisplayPort 1.4 and Killer E3100 2.5G Ethernet port, which is not available on x15.
- The thinner and smaller x15 configuration is as follows:
- Intel Core i7-11800H or i9-11900H processor
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 (6GB), 3070 (8GB) or 3080 (8GB)
- 16GB or 32GB DDR4 3200MHz memory
- NVMe SSDs up to 2TB; dual PCIe SSDs up to 4TB (total)
- 15.6-inch FHD 165Hz or 360Hz (Nvidia G-Sync); UHD 240Hz with 99% DCI-P3 color gamut
- Wi-Fi 6E, 2.5Gbps Ethernet (using a USB key).
x15 (pictured) and x17 have an AlienFX backlit touchpad
On the back of X15, X17 has a USB-A port, a Mini DisplayPort port, and an Ethernet socket
The thickness of Alien X15 and x17 are only 15.9 mm and 20.9 mm, respectively. Because there are many high-performance components inside, in order to avoid throttling and overheating, the company has developed a special cooling system for these notebooks, using “exclusive thermal interface material (TIM),” The encapsulated gallium-silicon liquid metal compound composition”.
In addition, the new notebook also uses a four-fan design, through the sensor to provide an appropriate amount of fan speed and graphics voltage adjustment (15x is 8 phases, x17 is 12 phases).
Other features include specially designed magnesium alloy frame and CNC machined aluminum parts; improved AlienFX lighting experience using miro-LED; and high-end endurance varnish to reduce stains. The maximum weight of x15 is 2.4 kg, and the maximum weight of x17 is 3.2 kg.
For Alienware, the X-series gaming notebooks represent the forefront of design and technology. If performance and price are more important to you than portability, you can choose the company’s more mainstream M-series notebooks.
Read Also: Redmi G Gaming Notebook Review: A Cost-effective Gaming Laptop For only $719.99
Do not forget to follow us on our Facebook group and page to keep you always aware of the latest advances, News, Updates, review, and giveaway on smartphones, tablets, gadgets, and more from the technology world of the future.
The post Alien X15/X17 Gaming Notebook Released: Starting at $1999 appeared first on IGeeKphone China Phone, Tablet PC, VR, RC Drone News, Reviews.