A 3D printer might look like a big investment for many as it is usually associated with big price tags. But not every good thing has to break your wallet. Times are tough now and most users want affordable alternatives to high-end products. Affordable but they should be competent enough to get the job done. In this article we will look at the most affordable 3D printers in the market to date. The models we take into account are some of the best 3D printers for beginners and are the best 3D printers for home use.
If you are an absolute beginner then the Monoprice Select is one of the best 3D Printers for beginners. The whole printer comes in fully assembled. That is right! So all you got to do is unpack it and you are pretty much done. The manufacturers have even done an initial calibration for it before shipping. Therefore you don’t even have to do a first-time calibration, another reason why it is one of the best 3D printers for home use. Just plug it in and you are good to go.
- The Printer comes print-ready. No special installations or calibrations required.
- Small compact design. It fits on any regular desk surface. Therefore you do not need an entire extra table to set up your new 3D printer.
- Contains a heated build plate. The speciality of the heated build plate is that it does not limit you to certain materials. It allows you to work with any type of filaments you choose to work with. That includes basic materials such as ABS and PLA to more advanced substances.
- The printer even comes with a pre-installed MicroSDTM card. Therefore using the pre-installed models you can start right away.
- The 3D printer supports both PC and mac along with a wide range of softwares. All mainstream softwares such as Cura and Repetier are supported.
We rate this printer 4 out 5. We decided to give it 4 stars as we stumbled across a heating issue on its bed when in use. This happened about 3 weeks into the purchase. But other than that everything works fine.
4.0 out of 5.0 stars
If you are looking for the best cheap 3D printers to use in your classroom or home then the FlashForge Finder might be your thing. This is an intelligent 3D printer that is great with beginners. We believe this is more suited to individuals who are looking to use it in classrooms for art and other handiwork. The main reason is that it only allows non-toxic PLA. Therefore it is safe around kids and pets. It contains a full screen touch interface therefore making it much easier to operate when compared to a board of buttons and a hand book.
- Slide in build-plate. This allows you to easily remove the freshly printed 3D models without any hassle.
- Intelligent assisted leveling system. This allows users to have increased precision when calibrating. Not to mention the ease of use when doing so.
- Super quiet during operation. No more clunks and clicks and unnecessary whirring to wake up your neighbours.
- Supports Cloud. Allows you to directly access a huge collection of models. Edit, store, share and print with ease.
- Supports wireless connections. Directly send files from your own personal computer to your 3D with ease.
We give this 3D Printer for beginners a full 5 out of 5 stars. We did not experience any issues during its test runs.
5.0 out of 5.0 stars
SainSmart x Creality Ender-3
We picked the sainsmart x Creality Ender-3 because of one special reason. It is one of the best cheap 3D printers for large scale projects. It is also one of the cheapest options one can go with. 3D printers for beginners usually have the disadvantage of having lower accuracy, but sainsmart x creality Ender-3 has managed to solve this issue by going with a CNC-machined Y-axis mounting slot. The POM wheels glide effortlessly and silently. There is also a lower risk of clogging in this model. It even allows users to pause a printing operation, making it one of the best 3D printers for home use. In the event of a sudden interruption( eg: Power shortage), users can resume the operation once everything is back to normal.
- Precision- The Y-axis mounting slot that is CNC machined allows greater precision.
- Noiseless- This 3D printer is exceptionally quiet even though it is geared towards larger scale projects
- Less chance to clog- Sainsmart patented extruder nozzle guarantees less clogging when in use.
- Fast startup- it only takes 5 minutes for the 3D printer to warm up and start its operations.
- Comes semi-assembled: It comes semi assembled allowing you to easily put the parts together. It will help you understand how each part works and how they interact with one another.
We give this printer a full 5 out of 5 stars. It is really worth your money and gives everything it says it has.
5.0 out of 5.0 stars
This wraps up our list of the best cheap 3D printers in the market today. We picked these three to allow you to make your choice accordingly. If you are looking for the best 3D printer for beginners hands down then we advise you to go with the Monoprice. If you are looking for the best 3D printers for home use then the Flashforge finder is great. Last but not least, if you need the printer for large scale 3D printing then the Sainsmart is your best choice.